Hcg and headaches

Buy Lab Tests Online

Yanksy

Hey guys,

Ive went on hcg with my trt. The hcg is from reliablerx and is the brand ‘zyhcg’. I started developing a regular/consistent headache and my doctor is stumped. My bloods are good but I still donated blood just in case red blood cell increase was the cause. I stopped taking all medication for a few weeks and symptoms improved. Yesterday I started back on the test/hcg protocol and am feeling the symptoms worsen again. this has led me to believe it is the hcg. I haven’t found much info online about it. Have any of you experienced anything like this?

I was worried it was due to the hcg source (reliable) but they seem to have fine reviews everywhere for quality. Could it be the brand? Maybe just hcg in general for me? I really hope not as I am still young (33) and would like to use hcg with the trt for testical function.

thanks for any info you can provide!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
As you probably know I used HCG for 9 plus years, I had zero issues. If it doesn't work for you, I would do like you mention, try switching brands.

t_spacemonkey

I do use zyHCG for 6+months now. various doses. even ran 3x1000iu/week
no issues. i also am prone to headaches, but what i learned that they are mostly stressed and to some extent sugar related (back on keto/carnivore)

Yanksy

Thanks for your input guys. I’m a little conflicted on what it is. I have some reasoning as to why I think it’s the hcg and some that leads to it not being. After stopping the hcg the headaches didn’t dissipate for weeks, and I know the half life is short, so,that leads me to it not being hcg. However, I had the first bad headache in weeks 2 nights ago after restarting the hcg/trt.

if not the hcg I’m leaning towards stress or potentially covid, as I was a little sick back by thanksgiving and I know prolonged headaches can be a symptom after covid even lasting months in some cases, apparently.

Doctors seem to know squat most of the time and I’m self prescribed on the hcg so I need to be careful. Thanks again for the input!

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I stopped taking all medication for a few weeks and symptoms improved. Yesterday I started back on the test/hcg protocol and am feeling the symptoms worsen again. this has led me to believe it is the hcg.
It isn't clear - since the headaches started, have you run TRT alone without hCG for an extended length of time? It seems like you stopped both TRT and hCG for a few weeks and then started both of them again?

I would suggest step 1 is stop hCG for several weeks while you continue your TRT. You have not isolated hCG as a potential cause and ruled out TRT yet. That needs to be done first.

Yanksy

It isn't clear - since the headaches started, have you run TRT alone without hCG for an extended length of time? It seems like you stopped both TRT and hCG for a few weeks and then started both of them again?

I would suggest step 1 is stop hCG for several weeks while you continue your TRT. You have not isolated hCG as a potential cause and ruled out TRT yet. That needs to be done first.
Yes that is what I am doing now. I had hoped it was not related to either, as I would really like to be on both. It very well could be something else. Currently I am just taking the test. I am feeling most back to normal with the headaches. I am going to give it another 2-3 weeks then start the hcg back up and see what happens.

thanks

Mastodont

You dont disclose your protocol, did you see how high test+hcg drove your test levels and e2, you could just be responding very well to the hcg and driving your test levels too high when using both.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
You dont disclose your protocol, did you see how high test+hcg drove your test levels and e2, you could just be responding very well to the hcg and driving your test levels too high when using both.
Yeah, this is a good point. If you didn't reduce your TRT dose and just added hCG to it, your T and E2 might be alot higher than they were before (maybe too high). Commonly people reduce their TRT dose to compensate for that.

I assume you ruled out elevated blood pressure as a cause of the headaches?

Yanksy

I’m on about 175mg per week taken in 3 shots M/W/F. I was taking 500iu hcg on the same days.

Yanksy

Yeah, this is a good point. If you didn't reduce your TRT dose and just added hCG to it, your T and E2 might be alot higher than they were before (maybe too high). Commonly people reduce their TRT dose to compensate for that.

I assume you ruled out elevated blood pressure as a cause of the headaches?
my blood cell count was within healthy range in multiple tests. It was on the higher end but still in range. I did donate blood Jan 2nd just in case That was the cause.

blood pressure is always good.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I’m on about 175mg per week taken in 3 shots M/W/F. I was taking 500iu hcg on the same days.
Hefty doses of both compounds. What did your free T and E2 look like with 175 mg alone, before hCG? You are taking way too much hCG IMO if all you are trying to do is keep the testes in fighting shape.

I bet your labs are nutty on the 175 mg TRT plus 1500 hCG on top. May just need to bring things down a notch or two to prevent the headaches.

Yanksy

Hefty doses of both compounds. What did your free T and E2 look like with 175 mg alone, before hCG? You are taking way too much hCG IMO if all you are trying to do is keep the testes in fighting shape.

I bet your labs are nutty on the 175 mg TRT plus 1500 hCG on top. May just need to bring things down a notch or two to prevent the headaches.
Ok good to note.

my T and E2 have been good on the labs I got prior to hcg. I am self administering the hcg. I live in a remote area and the urologist available to me is ok but not great. He pretty much told me he would do either or - test alone or hcg alone(he wanted clomid).

From my research it seemed like 500iu EOD has the most data behind it for retaining testicular function on trt. I will cut it down when I do restart and see if that helps anything.

sammmy

Thanks for your input guys. I’m a little conflicted on what it is. I have some reasoning as to why I think it’s the hcg and some that leads to it not being. After stopping the hcg the headaches didn’t dissipate for weeks, and I know the half life is short, so,that leads me to it not being hcg. However, I had the first bad headache in weeks 2 nights ago after restarting the hcg/trt.

if not the hcg I’m leaning towards stress or potentially covid, as I was a little sick back by thanksgiving and I know prolonged headaches can be a symptom after covid even lasting months in some cases, apparently.

Doctors seem to know squat most of the time and I’m self prescribed on the hcg so I need to be careful. Thanks again for the input!

It seems that you have a parallel problem and your TRT is just amplifying it. Have you done a CBC test to see what your immune system is doing?

Mastodont

Ok good to note.

my T and E2 have been good on the labs I got prior to hcg. I am self administering the hcg. I live in a remote area and the urologist available to me is ok but not great. He pretty much told me he would do either or - test alone or hcg alone(he wanted clomid).

From my research it seemed like 500iu EOD has the most data behind it for retaining testicular function on trt. I will cut it down when I do restart and see if that helps anything.
Good as in top of range or what? Most would be well above range on through with your protocol, are you taking enanthate or what? There is a study according to which 250iu eod produces slightly over baseline intratesticular testosterone, so take half next time.

Yanksy

Good as in top of range or what? Most would be well above range on through with your protocol, are you taking enanthate or what? There is a study according to which 250iu eod produces slightly over baseline intratesticular testosterone, so take half next time.
Yes top of the healthy range. E2 was mid.

I will lower the hcg dose when I start again and maybe slightly lower the test to 150mg per week.

MDavidW76

Used for about 2 years, Pregnyl and Puregraf, I have never associated any headaches with either. I’m currently out of both and my balls are not happy

JetSpyder

Possible that you are one of the few that don't tolerate HcG very well. It makes me feel like complete shit. Headaches, irritability, etc... Honestly nothing positive comes from it for me. I've tried it multiple times over the years at different doses to the same result. Good luck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me