first appt at "low t center" thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online

42HRT

After getting a low total T(230) at labcorp. I made an appt at the "low t center" here locally. I assume this is a national chain and not sure who actually owns these centers. Anyways. I filled out a small questionnaire before the appointment. And had a meeting with a lady(unsure on credentials). She gave me some basic information of how they work. They take 2 tests for total/free 2 weeks a part. A level under 350 + symptoms is considered low for treatment. They start treatment at the second appointment.
Questions I asked and answers given
1. What type of T do you use? Answer: They use cypionate. and injections every 4 days
2. Do you offer self injections? Answer: yes, every 4 days, or in office injections offered every week.
3. Do you armidex if needed? Answer: yes its available if needed
4. Do you use HCG either as a stand alone option or running along the T? Answer: No, we stopped offering HCG a few weeks ago. She said it really has no benefit when taking test other than keeping testicle size up(this seems wrong based on what I read)
5. This is a life long commitment right? She said, yes. however, if you came off for purposes of having a kid , your T levels will go back to baseline.(based on my research this appears to be incorrect as well) If you are taking T for 5 years, suppressing natural T. It's not expected your T level will go back up to baseline after being shutdown
6. Do you monitor lipid levels? Yes, once a year, but she also said there is no correlation between T and lipid levels.(based on my research, this is also incorrect) as LDL can increase and HDL decrease.
7. Can any lifestyle choices at 42, get me up to a normal T range such as losing weight? She said there is no correlation between obesity or fat tissue decreasing T levels(I see research indicating this is wrong) She said if you have non working or depressed pituarty glands, this potentially could be a reason for low T levels, but not obesity.
8. What range of total/free is the goal? She said, we are trying to get you towards the high end up normal which is about 1000 and about 25 on free testerone.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Here's my thoughts. I started TRT a little over 8 years ago. I went to the clinics around my home. Visited a few doctors and decided to use defy medical. I get labs every 6 months and then have a consultation. I buy testosterone through empower pharmacy and now I buy my HCG through an India pharmacy. I did get my HCG through empower pharmacy but they're unable to make it now . I can still buy it through defy medical but it's very expensive. I've never used an AI.

I am very satisfied with defy medical and happy that I decided to go with them. They do advertise on this site.

Systemlord

I made an appt at the "low t center" here locally.
I wouldn’t have high hopes for this low-T center, most are in it for the money and don’t know how to managing male hormones. A lot of the low T clinics aren’t run by actual doctors, leaving you in the hands of someone woefully incompetent.

I’m very happy with Defy Medical, been using them on and off for years. Defy Medical has real doctors at the helm.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching