Accutane while on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DaveK22

FWIW...in 2010 when me and my Primary were still "in the dark" about Accutane he had me get an MRI on the Pitutary. It came back that it basically was "on the small size". One could hypothesize that 'tane "shrunk it". I was 100% hormonally normal BEFORE taking "Tane.

Can any of this be proven? NO...which is why the generic "poison" will live on indefintely destroying a % of people's hormones :(

Arcane

FWIW...in 2010 when me and my Primary were still "in the dark" about Accutane he had me get an MRI on the Pitutary. It came back that it basically was "on the small size". One could hypothesize that 'tane "shrunk it". I was 100% hormonally normal BEFORE taking "Tane.

Can any of this be proven? NO...which is why the generic "poison" will live on indefintely destroying a % of people's hormones :(
2 months on accutane currently. Also not on trt at the moment. I feel ok. Tired and definitely more anxious but i can function. Been doin Brazilian jiu jitsu every day. Cut out pre workout. Just black coffee in the mornings. So far so good. 60mg of accutane daily. Bumping to 80 for 4 more months then discontinuing

DaveK22

2 months on accutane currently. Also not on trt at the moment. I feel ok. Tired and definitely more anxious but i can function. Been doin Brazilian jiu jitsu every day. Cut out pre workout. Just black coffee in the mornings. So far so good. 60mg of accutane daily. Bumping to 80 for 4 more months then discontinuing

FWIW...I see most 'Tane horror stories from using high doses. For me I was fine at 40 mg...then when my Doc bumped me to 80mg...10 days later my sides kicked in. Those sides are now permanent. If someone warned me about PERMANENT side effects being possible, I would have NEVER rolled the dice.

Arcane

FWIW...I see most 'Tane horror stories from using high doses. For me I was fine at 40 mg...then when my Doc bumped me to 80mg...10 days later my sides kicked in. Those sides are now permanent. If someone warned me about PERMANENT side effects being possible, I would have NEVER rolled the dice.
Ill be at 80 in a couple weeks. What sides did you get? So far so good for me.

Also. How are you feeling now? Any issues. If so, Has trt solved any of them?

DaveK22

Ill be at 80 in a couple weeks. What sides did you get? So far so good for me.

Also. How are you feeling now? Any issues. If so, Has trt solved any of them?
OMG...please do your DD on this. Just google "accutane sexual dysfunction" or search my prior posts on this board. I have posts with links to the "proof" of the risk on this drug and it's permanent damage it does.

zancek0

I've been on both high and low dose. While the high dose resolved the majority of my cystic acne (after an initial severe breakout) I still cystic acne on my forehead. I can't prove it but I believe that the accutane caused my problems with my joints and libido.

I also did a low does a couple of years later and it helped with the acne on the forehead while I was taking it but they came back shortly after stopping.

PS I also dealt with some depression while on the heavy dose.
Joint and libido problems are associated with low e2. I wonder if exogenous e2 would alleviate long term accutane induced symptoms.

zancek0

Accutane shrinks pretty much all oil-producing glands in the body hence the join aches
Oil-producing glands, or sebaceous glands, are not found in the joints. Primarily in skin. DHT does possess anti-inflammatory properties and can play a role in maintaining joint integrity but estradiol seems to play much bigger role in keeping the joints healthy.

Arcane

Oil-producing glands, or sebaceous glands, are not found in the joints. Primarily in skin. DHT does possess anti-inflammatory properties and can play a role in maintaining joint integrity but estradiol seems to play much bigger role in keeping the joints healthy.
Synovial fluid

Fortunate

I just finished about six months. I had a ton of musculoskeletal pain while on it. Random places at random times. Impossible to say if it was accutane, but I am glad I am off.

Arcane

I just finished about six months. I had a ton of musculoskeletal pain while on it. Random places at random times. Impossible to say if it was accutane, but I am glad I am off.
did it return after getting off? Also were you on TRT the whole time?

Fortunate

did it return after getting off? Also were you on TRT the whole time?
I was on TRT the whole time. I’ve only been off for two weeks, so skin is still dry, but I do think the oil is starting to come back. Will give an update in the next few weeks if you want.

As far as musculoskeletal pain, that seems to be mostly improved. Not perfect. But, I’ve also skyrocketed my DHT and E2 from TRT recently, which could also explain it.

Arcane

update: libido is still there. Im not on TRT currently and on 80 mg accutane. no Ed issues either, on month 3. Ill keep updating as time goes on

DaveK22

update: libido is still there. Im not on TRT currently and on 80 mg accutane. no Ed issues either, on month 3. Ill keep updating as time goes on
I truly wish you the best. It's sad that the x% of people that get the "PFS like" side effect...that it is permanent. I unfortunately am one that was permanently damaged 13 yrs ago after being on 80mg for only 10 days after doing 40mg for 1 month.

Arcane

I truly wish you the best. It's sad that the x% of people that get the "PFS like" side effect...that it is permanent. I unfortunately am one that was permanently damaged 13 yrs ago after being on 80mg for only 10 days after doing 40mg for 1 month.
I ended up doing 40 mg a day for 8 more months rather than 80 mg a day for 4 more. Feel good so far

DaveK22

I ended up doing 40 mg a day for 8 more months rather than 80 mg a day for 4 more. Feel good so far

Again I wish you the best. I hope your Dr explained how 'tane blocs 5 alpha reductase in tissue which in turn blocks DHT, so it's changing hormones. That's at even .5 mg. I had a MRI on my pitutary after doing 80 mg for 10 days and it said it was "small". The 43 years prior I had zero issues...5 weeks on accutane my life changed forever.

Not trying to scare anyone but if someone explained the real risks in 2010 to me, I would have never used this drug. But once a drug goes generic, the ship has sailed.

Isotretinoin, tetracycline and circulating hormones in acne - PubMed
Diagnostic criteria for enduring sexual dysfunction after treatment with antidepressants, finasteride and isotretinoin - PubMed
Sexual complications in people treated with Accutane | RxISK
https://rxisk.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/JRS744-2.pdf
https://rxisk.org/wp-content/upload...ition-Sexual-side-effects-of-isotretinoin.pdf

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me