137ng/dL Testosterone blood test result, not good?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mark David

Got my GP doc to run a blood panel on me at my latest physical and got him to include tests forT, free T, SHBG, thyroid...couldn't get the estradiol included. Am 64, and laid out my situation in Introductions this week. Have the traditional low T symptoms and am going to get back on trt after three years. Anyway...
TEST 137ng/dL
Free T 34pg/mL
% free T 2.5
SHBG 14nmol/L
All other numbers on the test were read as normal. Did see that the T test was called a Immunoassay which even the results said is inaccurate when T is very low.
So, what to make of it? Think I need a more detailed hormone test that includes E levels and make it a LCMS test.
Suggestions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mark David

Assuming you are not taking biotin that interacts with immunoassay tests, your T is below normal range.

Next time use LCMS for total T, dialysis for free T (or calculate it from SHBG using Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator).
Avoided biotin for several days before the blood test ( pretty much stopped most supps). Thought my T would be in the low range, but not that low! Working out has been a grind , but was still making progress and strength levels and muscle mass hadn't declined. Last week equaled my best trap bar deadlift of 412, which I had last done three years ago, when I was on trt previously. My GP sort of had poo poohed low T, but with these numbers he'll have to dive into it a bit more. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

Mark David

Low-T is like a death sentence and men in your age group with Free T in the bottom 25 percentile are at 53% greater risk of developing aggressive prostate cancer. So not good!
Well that's not good! Got my doc to include T and SHGB with a bit of pressure. He wanted to make sure insurance would pay for it, which I assume is why the E wasn't tested. Hopefully with the numbers that came up he will be able to order more detailed and better tests. Regardless, I will be starting TRT soon. My plan had been to start out at 100 of Test cyp a week at 3x a week. M-W-F at 30-30-40 IM, no AI. Suggestions?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me