What We Should Be Eating

Thread starter #1
Welcome to the Human Performance Outliers Podcast with hosts Dr. Shawn Baker and Zach Bitter. For this episode, Dr. Nadir Ali joined the show. Nadir is a cardiologist who advocates a high fat low carb diet, a cyclist, and hosts the youtube channel Nadir Mir Ali.
Just watch the 5-minute segment from 45:20 - 50:30 if you are interested in the carnivore perspective of eating.

DragonBits

At 53:15 the Doc says if you eat nuts without cooking them they bind to minerals.

I think this only counts if you eat nuts with a meal, a nut snack between meals doesn't count.

But i have never heard of anyone cooking nuts. Doesn't sound very tasty.

In any case, people have evolved to be omnivores and in my view a mixed diet is always best as long as you don't have some sort of intolerance of one food group or another.

Once someone tries to go into a narrow diet, all vegan, all meat, whatever narrow type diet is trending (or needed), nutritional deficiencies can easily develop.

I have heard of people soaking raw nuts to initiate sprouting, it is supposed to reduce phytates or something. Problem is, with some nuts (I know almonds are an example) they are flash pasteurized, heated, steamed, zapped or something so they are no longer truly raw and sproutable. This is supposedly to protect us from dreaded bacterial infection based on like one incident in 50 years.

almonds are the only nut, seed or dried fruit that must — by law — be pasteurized. If they're not steamed, they must be fumigated with a chemical called propylene oxide, or PPO. The regulation is a result of two salmonella outbreaks traced to almonds in the early 2000s.May 19, 2015
What Does 'Raw' Mean? When It Comes To Almonds, You Might Be ...
Cornucopia Institute Files Action Seeking Almond Pasteurization Documents - Cornucopia Institute

Gotta love industrialized food supply systems eh?