Testosterone Therapy in Canada

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
@Marcel

We have always been far worse off than the US when it comes to the treatment of men for testosterone deficiency.

Although there has been some improvement in certain areas we are still lacking in many others.

*In 2013, a comprehensive Canada-wide needs assessment revealed that over 25% of Canadian physicians were uncomfortable with the diagnosis and treatment of TD and identified significant knowledge gaps related to patient management.4 To address the knowledge gaps, the “Canadian clinical practice guideline on the diagnosis and management of testosterone deficiency syndrome in adult males” was published in the CMAJ.5 As part of its mandate, the guideline was offered as a “living document,” to be updated

Most doctors especially endos and GPs would not treat a man who is suffering from symptoms of low-T unless his numbers are flagged low (reference range).

Even then there are many men who can suffer from symptoms of low testosterone even with a TT hovering on the low end (low-normal) of the reference range yet your doctor keeps telling you that it must be something else because your T levels are still in range.

Clueless as to where the unbound active fraction responsible for the positive effects sits. Got FT, anyone!

Gets even nuttier as there are many men with what would be considered a robust TT 500-700 ng/dL but are still suffering from symptoms of low testosterone due to highish/high SHBG which would have their FT levels low/low-normal of the (reference range).

Most doctors are still caught up on TT and although it is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Many still tend to only look at TT, LH/FSH.

Some may also test estradiol but it is far from common.

Yet they pay no attention to the most critical blood markers free testosterone and SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin).

Even if you do manage to get treatment finding a doctor well-versed in TRT is a feat in and of itself!

Options are slim compared to what is offered in the US, especially through pay-out-of-pocket clinics which are numerous there.

We only have a handful of these clinics and they are expensive.

Most men are being treated by a GP, endocrinologist, or urologist.

I would opt for the urologist if you are seeking treatment and even then finding someone well-versed in TRT would be difficult.

Most doctors are still caught up in the numbers game and seem to be dead set on keeping your levels within a set reference range without understanding that symptom relief is what truly matters

When it comes to formulations available in Canada you are basically stuck with a big pharma transdermal T patch (Androderm), transdermal T gels (Androgel, Testim), transdermal compounded T cream, oral TU (Andriol), nasal gel (Natesto), or injectable T enanthate (Delatestryl) or T cypionate (Depo-Testosterone/generic).

The majority of men opt for injectable TE or TC as they are the most effective when it comes to increasing your T levels, especially well beyond the physiological range let alone the cost is much cheaper as your private or provincial health plan covers the costs in most cases.

Pipe dreams if you think you are going to get your hands on T propionate or the so-called optimal HRT treats such as nandrolone decanoate, oxandrolone, or stanozolol which is easy to come by if you were being treated in the US.

These would all be considered illegal to prescribe in Canada for HRT.

Nandrolone, oxandrolone, and stanozolol may be prescribed for certain medical conditions although far from common.

When it comes to blood work and testing methods we are still way behind compared to the US.

Although TT used to be tested using the standard immunoassay most labs now use the most accurate assays (LC/MS-MS) and although estradiol is still tested using the standard immunoassay we now have the option for estradiol sensitive (LC/MS-MS) through labs such as Dynacare.

Unfortunately when it comes to one of the most important blood markers free testosterone the only option we have is the calculated method as the older outdated known to be inaccurate direct analog immunoassay was phased out in 2014.

Many fail to realize that we do have access to what would be considered the most accurate assays for free testosterone such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration but the cost is absurd and is not covered by your provincial health plan.

This is unfortunate and needs to be addressed as it is critical to know where your FT level truly sits.

Although most should be using/relying upon the most accurate assays when testing FT, especially in cases of altered SHBG the cost of such testing methods for Canadians is too absurd.

As you know blood work is done through your treating physician and is usually done every 6 months on trt.

Your private or provincial health plan covers the costs.

*The federal government provides health care funding to the provinces and territories through the Canada Health Transfer

Unfortunately, we only have a few options when it comes to paying out of pocket for private testing which I have mentioned in previous threads.

This would be done through About Blue Horizon Medicals | Blood Testing Services in Ontario and is only available for Canadians living in the province of Ontario, Quebec, or Manitoba.

Blue Horizon medicals are based in the UK and have a partnership with Dynacare Labs which allows them to offer a private payout of pocket testing.

Unfortunately, BlueHorizon is overpriced and they do not even offer the most accurate assays for free testosterone (ED/UF) let alone estradiol sensitive (LC/MS-MS).

Only worthwhile if you wanted to pay out of pocket for private blood work to check your Total Testosterone, SHBG, Estradiol (standard), prolactin, and CBC.

The only place you can get the estradiol sensitive is through Dynacare which would need to be requested by your treating physician and you would be stuck with paying out of pocket as it is not covered by your provincial health plan.

Canadians also have the option of ordering blood tests through Nelsons discountedlabs.com which will be done at Quest Diagnostics but you would need to find a location close to the border as you will have to drive across the border to have blood work done.

The main benefit is you would have access to the most accurate assays for TT/estradiol/DHT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) let alone the prices offered by Nelson are reasonable (USD currency).

$43.06 USD ($63.58 CAD)

$76.38 USD ($105.43)

$97.85 USD ($135.07)

$200.21 USD ($276.36)

$203.61 USD ($281.05)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
*Anabolic steroids and their derivatives are classified as Schedule IV drugs under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act of Canada, meaning that it is not illegal to possess them for personal use (Government of Canada, 2019). If an individual is performing in any athletic events, such as professional sporting events, and takes steroids, they will be disqualified and possibly banned from competing

Controlled Drugs and Substances Act

NOTE This consolidation is current to March 6, 2023. The last amendments came into force on January 14, 2023. Any amendments that were not in force as of March 6, 2023, are set out at the end of this document under the heading “Amendments Not in Force”.

S.C. 1996, c. 19

An Act respecting the control of certain drugs, their precursors and other substances and to amend certain other Acts and repeal the Narcotic Control Act in consequence thereof

[Assented to 20th June 1996]

PART I

Offenses and Punishment

Particular Offences

Possession of substance

4 (1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall possess a substance included in Schedule I, II, or III.

Obtaining substance

(2) No person shall seek or obtain

(a) a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, or IV, or

(b) an authorization to obtain a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, or IV

from a practitioner, unless the person discloses to the practitioner particulars relating to the acquisition by the person of every substance in those Schedules, and of every authorization to obtain such substances, from any other practitioner within the preceding thirty days.

Trafficking in substance

5 (1) No person shall traffic in a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V or in any substance represented or held out by that person to be such a substance.

Possession for purpose of trafficking

(2) No person shall, for the purpose of trafficking, possess a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V.

Importing and exporting

6 (1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall import into Canada or export from Canada a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, V, or VI.

Possession for the purpose of exporting

(2) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall possess a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, V, or VI for the purpose of exporting it from Canada.

Production of substance

7 (1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall produce a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V.

Possession, sale, etc., for use in production of or trafficking in substance

7.1 (1) No person shall possess, produce, sell, import, or transport anything intending that it will be used

(a) to produce a controlled substance, unless the production of the controlled substance is lawfully authorized; or

(b) to traffic in a controlled substance.

Attachments

• C-38.8.pdf
    693.8 KB · Views: 28

RVK612

I am at a loss for words of thanks! I can’t thank you enough, all of you who have responded to my original post. I had no idea of how much there is to learn about TRT in order to achieve an optimal response with an appropriate, effective treatment/dose. The challenge is scary, almost overwhelming! But again, words are not enough to express my gratitude for taking the time and making the effort to assist me. Richard

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me