1. How is DiscountedLabs.com different from any other lab test companies in the market? What states do you serve ?
DiscountedLabs.com was founded by frustrated self reliant health advocates that needed more economical access to lab tests.
At DiscountedLabs.comwe provide you with a doctor's prescription for your blood tests (every order is reviewed by a clinician). We also provide lab test review services that can help you decide what steps to take to normalize any lab value (s).
We pride ourselves to have the best prices available in most U.S. states (Except NY, NJ, MA, VT, HI, NH, ME and RI). We are also committed to educating people about what blood tests mean via our blog and education pages. We also keep our blood test menu concise and simple so that you can find what you need faster.
NOTE: There are no hidden fees or lab fees. What you see is what you get!
2. I just placed an order and received a confirmation email. I see no instructions on how to proceed.
After the confirmation email, you will receive another email within 24 hours with an attached lab request form. Print it and take it with you to the closet Labcorp location (found through the tab "Find a location"). Orders placed on Friday or the weekend will receive lab request form on Monday. IMPORTANT: Do not take the printed copy of the confirmation email. You will need the lab request form which is sent in a separate email as an attached PDF file.
3. I just placed my order. When do I get a lab request form to take to my local lab?
Lab request forms are emailed as a PDF file to customers within 24 hours of the order if placed Mon-Fri. For orders placed after business hours on Friday and on weekends, lab request forms are emailed on Monday. Please print the PDF file and take it to the closest lab that you can find in our "Find a Location" page. Please do not sign that form. Get your blood drawn. No lab testing fee is required (already included in order). If the lab clerk asks you for your insurance information, tell him/her that your order is prepaid. If they have any questions, they can call the phone number on the lab request form.
4. How soon will I get my results?
Most lab test results are available within 5-7 business days after you get your blood drawn. LC/MS based tests like sensitive estradiol require up to 5 - 7 business days. Lab test results may be emailed to you as they arrive.
5. How do I get my results?
We will email you the lab test results as a PDF file as soon as they become available (Usually 5-7 business days). Due to privacy regulations, we do not email or fax them to your physician. It is your responsibility to do so.
6. Will you take and file my insurance?
Unfortunately we cannot take insurance. This allows us to keep the lowest prices possible.
7. How much will tests cost?
Test costs vary, depending on what tests you order. You can see an example of pricing on some frequently ordered tests and profiles here. We specifically price our tests to cost you less than anyone in the industry. No hidden costs included.
8. Do I need an appointment for my blood draw?
No. You are not required to make an appointment at any of the lab locations. But some locations are busier than others. If you wish, you can make an appointment by visiting: Find a Location
9. Will anyone else know my results?
No, your results will remain completely confidential.
10. What lab tests can I order?
To keep costs and complexities down, we only sale the lab tests listed on our "Choose a Test" page
11. Do I need to be fasting for my tests?
Sometimes. Fasting is usually recommended for common tests like glucose and lipid profiles. Some physicians prefer that testosterone testing be done before breakfast since food may temporarily decrease blood level of testosterone.
12. How long is my order good for?
Lab requests can be used within 90 days after you place an order.
13. I ordered a few days ago but have not received my lab order form.
Check your spam folder since we send lab request forms within one day after order has been placed. If you can't locate this email, please email us at [email protected] NOTE: AOL email addresses have been very problematic in our experience. Try to use other email companies when placing an order.
14. It has been over 5 business days and I have not received my lab test results.
Check your spam folder since lab test results are emailed within 5 business days. If you can't locate this email, please email us at [email protected]. If you have an AOL email address, be aware that those have historically been the most troublesome. We recommend not using AOL email addresses.
15. Do you offer hormone saliva tests?
The only saliva-based test is cortisol. Others have not been proven to be reliable.
16. If I want to order several lab tests but plan to use them in separate days, can you send me separate lab request forms for each lab test in my order?
Yes. Please email [email protected] after you place your order to make your special request.
17. Can I use your services in NY state, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and New Hampshire?
Recent state regulations have made it impossible for us to serve customers in those states. Contact your legislators to complain about laws that take choices away from you. Some customers cross borders to access services.
Hawaii, Maine and Vermont do not have lab locations.
18. I want to place a lab test order for a friend or relative. How do I do that?
Do not place an order for someone else. The information on your orders (name, date of birth, and address) should correspond to the person getting his/her blood drawn. If you want to place an order for a friend, we suggest you buy a gift certificate and let that person place the order themselves using that certificate code which will be emailed to you for forwarding it to your friend/relative. Buy certificate here
Your relative or friend can place their own order and can use your credit card, however. Since we do not mail (only email) results, the address on the card can be different from the home address of the person placing the order.
19. I live in NJ but will be in CT for a few days. Can I take my lab request form to a location outside my hometown ?
There should not be an issue with going to a location outside of your hometown. Should a patient service center representative need to verify the requisition or ordering physician information, he or she may contact the phone number that is associated with the account (listed at the top left of the requisition). it does not matter if your home address or credit card billing address is outside the state where you are getting your blood drawn.
20. I live in Canada and I understand that you only serve the U.S., but will be visiting Illinois in the next few weeks. Can I get my blood tested there?
Yes. As long as the blood draw occurs in any of the states we serve there is no problem. Just let us know when you place your order that this is what you are planning to do.
21. I do not have a printer to print the lab request form. What can I do?
You can pull up the lab request form on your smart phone when you show up for your blood draw. The lab really just needs you to show or confirm your demographics (name, date of birth), requisition number, prescribing physician and client bill.
22. If I add multiple tests to my cart, how will it work? Do all the tests take place at once, or do I have to take one by one?
If you order more than one blood test, only one blood draw is required.
23. I suspect my total testosterone (TT) blood level is above 1500 ng/dL and I want to know the actual value. Some companies report TT levels as "greater than 1500 ng/dL". Which testosterone test should I order to know the actual value? I see that you offer two types of testosterone assays.
The Testosterone Free and Total LC/MS-MS test provides two measurements for Testosterone levels. Results for this test will include Free Testosterone and Total Testosterone measured by liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS).
This test is more sensitive than the one done by immunoassay and provides a more accurate measurement when total testosterone concentrations are very low (under 150 ng/dL, adequate for T testing in women) or very high (over 1500 ng/dL).
NOTE: For the regular and more economical Total and Free Testosterone immunoassay test clickhere.
24. I received the lab order. Will there be a charge from labcorp? The order says bill to client and list myself as the responsible party. I was under the impression fees were all inclusive. I would like clarification.
Please disregard that statement on your lab request. You will not be charged anything beyond what you already paid on DiscountedLabs.com. We have no lab or hidden fees. That language is there to let the lab technician know not to bill your insurance.
The decision is not up to DL- it's up to the customers HSA carrier/insurance company to accept the charges as a health care expense. The customer can try to submit expenses to his/her HSA insurance company. However, if his/her HSA company comes back with a request for more information about the transaction, DL will not be responsible for providing such information.
26- When I log in my Labcorp Beacon account, it says my results are ready but I have not received them.
Sometimes blood test results are partially ready (only a few of your tests). Unless you specifically requested to receive partial results when placing your order, we wait until your entire order lab test results are ready to send them in one single email.
27- I am a man with low testosterone that just received my blood test results from you. What is a good resource to educate myself?
We believe that ExcelMale.com is one of the best and most moderated men's health forums online. We suggest to check them out and register to ask questions there. They have over 13,000 members including some well known physicians. They also review clinics, compounding pharmacies, products, and services related to health.
28- Where can I graph my lab test results?
Check MyHealthGraphs.com . It's simple and you can generate graphs that you can email or print for yourself or your doctor.