Semaglutide Forum: Game Changer for Weight Loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Lets face it.....the history of weight loss drugs has been horrible.

Lets just go ahead and throw 2,4-Dinitrophenol into the mix. It is still being used.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Lets face it.....the history of weight loss drugs has been horrible.

Lets just go ahead and throw 2,4-Dinitrophenol into the mix. It is still being used.

I'm sure if Pharma could find a way to sustainably manage the side effects DNP would be selling like hot cakes.

BigTex

It sells pretty well in the black market:) (weight loss of up to 1.5 kg per week is reported without significant side effects"....Here is another one that is still very much available....Sibutramine (Reductil™ Abbott Laboratories) and phentermine....which seems to be being replaced by Semaglutide.

T

tareload

10 years ago I was 320 lb and >35% BF. Took about 1 year to drop 100 pounds and of course another few years to do a proper body recomp. Add in TRT in 2018 and now I sit at about 240 lb and 8-10% BF. This is a marathon not a sprint. These obesity pharma interventions will end in tears. Take the time to find what works for you and your body. In my case it is low carb and either full blown keto (Phase 1 fat loss) or higher protein medium fat (Phase 2 muscle gain while maintaining low BF). Lots of veggies. Yes to the mainstream I am now looked at as having the eating disorder. That's how screwed up our food system is now.

Good luck.

T

tareload

So I was on Wegovy (Semaglutide) for about 1 year, lost 35 lbs. The initial side effects were a pain but manageable. I titrated up to the max 2.4 dosage. My issue became elevated heart rate and PVC’s (Skipped heart beats). I stopped in December at the recommendation of my cardiologist and they went away completely. We are talking like 20 beats per minute increase in resting heart rate.

Anyone else experience these heart related side effects? The medicine is a miracle. Cuts appetite and cravings in an unbelievable way. I want to try Mounjaro (different formulation) but concerned because it’s still a GLP -1 agonist.

Would love to hear if anyone else had or solved these issues?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will take a hard pass. Imagine guy already overdoing it on TOT and then adding in the GLP1 agonist. Sounds like a ride I don't want to get on.

1676655414038.png

pyater

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will take a hard pass. Imagine guy already overdoing it on TOT and then adding in the GLP1 agonist. Sounds like a ride I don't want to get on.

View attachment 29102

@readalot - Thanks for posting the study. I will share with my Endo. He actually looked up while I was in the office. Heart side effects of semaglutude and all he said was very rare.

SteveCleves

View attachment 29102
Just my experience. 2 years of Semaglutide @ 1mg a week. RHR at start was 68, currently 58.

Also liraglutide from that study is a daily injection.

Last edited:

captain

All the things people been doing on here over the years and your talking about side effects from semaglutude. Starting to sound like Jillian Michaels.

Vtail

So what would be the plan....stay on GLP-1 agonist indefinitely?

My wife has been taking Semaglutide for a few months and is down about 25-30 lbs without any of the unpleasant gastric side effects. Her doc told her that when she reaches her target weight that she would be switched to a maintenance dose. I don't know whether that means the same dosage less frequently or a lower weekly dosage, nor do we know what will be recommended for overall duration. But it sounds like her doctor is leaning towards "indefinitely".

T

tareload

Well done! Current pics?

Look like last pic today (a little leaner):

Will delete later as I don't like these floating out there for long. But if it helps encourage and avoid disappointment with GLP-1 agonist then I will take a little risk.

Did it in two Phases:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveCleves

My wife has been taking Semaglutide for a few months and is down about 25-30 lbs without any of the unpleasant gastric side effects. Her doc told her that when she reaches her target weight that she would be switched to a maintenance dose. I don't know whether that means the same dosage less frequently or a lower weekly dosage, nor do we know what will be recommended for overall duration. But it sounds like her doctor is leaning towards "indefinitely".
I did a fair amount of investigation into Semaglutide before I went on it. Spent A LOT of time on the various facebook groups, forums etc. From my observations there are 2 responses to Semaglutide

1 Absolute horror, nausea, vomiting, pain, headaches, can't sleep, heart issues, basically the experience is torture. It starts with the lowest dose and these people just can't tolerate the drug at all and go off it.

2 Almost no side effects, or very very limited side effects. Nothing but positive effects. The weight seems to just melt off.

There isn't really an in between from the experiences I've seen. Either it works or you feel like your al qaeda in Gitmo in 2002.

Last edited:

bixt

Look like last pic today (a little leaner

Thats fantastic! I missed the earlier thread where you posted it.

I always pictured you to be this nerd reading studies in his basement (subconsciously your name alluded to that mental impression), nice to finally be able to see that the real @readalot is actually the real deal! (as far as a "high T" look is concerned, which is the ultimate judge of knowledge being put into practise). It certainly gives a lot of credence that what you preach is not wrong.

Respect!

T

tareload

Thats fantastic! I missed the earlier thread where you posted it.

I always pictured you to be this nerd reading studies in his basement (subconsciously your name alluded to that mental impression), nice to finally be able to see that the real @readalot is actually the real deal! (as far as a "high T" look is concerned, which is the ultimate judge of knowledge being put into practise). It certainly gives a lot of credence that what you preach is not wrong.

Respect!

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding the Nerd reading studies...you got me haha!

To your point one really doesn't know who they are talking to on the other end of the screen. That's why I never was a big fan of credentials and all that on the forums. Folks should judge based on the information presented and decide for themselves. But I understand a pic is helpful sometimes.

1677071402972.png

T

tareload

Remember, when clinical trials last one year never be early adopter for miracle drugs when other less sexy methods will work just fine.

The risk of chronic intestinal obstruction in humans cumulates over time, with the highest occurrence appearing 1.6 years following GLP-1RA treatment5. However, clinical trials on GLP-1RAs usually do not last for more than a year and relevant studies revealed that the incidence of constipation is independent of short-term doses of GLP-1RAs14. We thus extracted a plot of the relationship between the incidence of constipation and the duration of treatment for four GLP-1RAs (Fig. 2) using the data from high-quality randomized controlled clinical trials. The result indicates that constipation was positively correlated with the duration of therapy (r2 = 0.8–0.9).

1. Download : Download high-res image (437KB)
  2. Download : Download full-size image
Figure 2. The incidence of drug-induced constipation correlated with time from the data of four different doses of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists in 11 randomized and placebo controlled clinical studies15-25.

Since intestinal obstruction is a fatal condition that requires surgery, clinicians should be aware that the emergence of chronic adverse events of GLP-1RAs may involve the small intestine. If the underlying cause of which remains unknown, erroneous inferences will likely to be drawn. This is of particular importance as the use of GLP-1RAs in treating multiple disorders is expanding tremendously.

1678205565058.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale