Outlive by Peter Attia

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Has anyone read this book yet? Itjust came out I respect him a lot, but don’t want to buy a book that contains generalities.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

My guess it will be along the lines of the topics section on his site:

Nothing earth shattering that you don't know already from internet, and the technical details that you don't know are at the level of preliminary research i.e. not validated at all, for example what causes Alzheimer really ...

sammmy

The book will be along the lines of the video below, only 300 pages. Some of that stuff is more of a "medical consensus" opinion, not actually verified medicine, similarly to how in 1960 they blamed cardiovascular diseases on eating fat - that was the prevalent "opinion" then and it turns nowadays to be not true.

anix

Has anyone read this book yet? Itjust came out I respect him a lot, but don’t want to buy a book that contains generalities.

You prompted me to order it. Hes fantastic, Ive followed him for years, his 1st experiments into Keto were essential example for me back in 2012. Have no problet supporting him. I’ll let you know.

Sergel

Bought the audio book, starting to listen now... I expect it's going to be pretty much a recap of his podcasts of which I am a member... He likes statins and pcsk9 inhibitors a lot so I expect to get a lot of heart health in there... Will post back...

DorianGray

My conclusion about antiaging-Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting, metformin, rapamycin. The only things with even an inkling of assurance you're on the right path.

Guided_by_Voices

I'll be interested to hear what others think of his book, and while I followed him in his early days of prominence I've been disappointed that he seems to have fallen further and further behind the forward-thinkers in the health world. For someone who claims to think counter to conventional medicine he actually seems to be very constrained by conventional dogma. For example, he has a wild over-focus on cholesterol and is a major statin-pusher (Dr. Kendricks's work on CVD is far superior IMO), he seems unaware that Dr. Bredensen's dementia reversal program exists, he interviewed Tom Seyfried, but never followed up and went right back to the mainstream dogma, he has never focused on regenerative peptides or stem cells, he only recently "discovered" that sauna might have some benefit, his pandemic content was not good, and I could go on and on. I hope his book has some value but I suspect those of us on this site who have had to deal with the issues of aging are already far ahead of him.

Dicky

I'll be interested to hear what others think of his book, and while I followed him in his early days of prominence I've been disappointed that he seems to have fallen further and further behind the forward-thinkers in the health world. For someone who claims to think counter to conventional medicine he actually seems to be very constrained by conventional dogma. For example, he has a wild over-focus on cholesterol and is a major statin-pusher (Dr. Kendricks's work on CVD is far superior IMO), he seems unaware that Dr. Bredensen's dementia reversal program exists, he interviewed Tom Seyfried, but never followed up and went right back to the mainstream dogma, he has never focused on regenerative peptides or stem cells, he only recently "discovered" that sauna might have some benefit, his pandemic content was not good, and I could go on and on. I hope his book has some value but I suspect those of us on this site who have had to deal with the issues of aging are already far ahead of him.
Agreed

Sergel

I find it is very well written. I am in the more techincal section where he goes into some history and delivers sort of a biography.... I would say this would be an excellent first book on longevity for someone discovering the field. I am enjoying the review of all the field... understaning that this is a doctor view... he really is in the medecine dogma...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me