Keto and libido??

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello guys....I really want start ketogenic diet but I worry it harm my erections...wich is better low fat diet or ketogenic diet? I worry that ketogenic diet take away my morning wood..

My current way is intermittent fasting 8 hours window...thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Here is some information for you to read:

Guided_by_Voices

Keto can increase cortisol in many people and that is unlikely to be good for sex drive. You have posted a false choice however in that carbs are a spectrum, not a low carb or high carb choice. I suggest getting the book The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet and starting there. It recommends a carb level around 150-200 grams per day which is neither ultra-low carb or high-carb. The most important thing is to get vegetable oils (seed oils), flower-based foods and processed foods in general out of your diet, while getting enough quality protein, especially from beef.

t_spacemonkey

i am on keto. my sex drive is definitely up big time. i just feel "cleaner" and the sensations are stronger. if cortisol is an issue, and it is not for me, you can supplement p-serine

Zaskar

Hello guys....I really want start ketogenic diet but I worry it harm my erections...wich is better low fat diet or ketogenic diet? I worry that ketogenic diet take away my morning wood..

My current way is intermittent fasting 8 hours window...thanks

Hello , why do you want to do keto ? I did keto, carnivore, . From my experience, keto and carnivore wrecked my libido , erections , muscle mass , metabolism. If you’re doing it to lose fat , just count calories . In a deficit you can eat what you want . The insulin boogie man is BS .

Hello , why do you want to do keto ? I did keto, carnivore, . From my experience, keto and carnivore wrecked my libido , erections , muscle mass , metabolism. If you’re doing it to lose fat , just count calories . In a deficit you can eat what you want . The insulin boogie man is BS .
Hello zaskar...as I hear low caloric diet crush metabolism and erection....I'm lost I don't know from where to start...I'm gaining weight and I can see diabetes and obesity is getting closer and in same time I don't want lose my libido....so how many calories u cut a day? 500? 300? And u can maintain libido???

JayD

I was on keto for a few years but have since transitioned to a high fat protein low carb diet, for the past 3 years. I mainly eat animal based red meat, chicken, pork, fish, organic milk, butter, cream cheese, Atkins bread, low carb potatoes, keto wraps, keto crackers, veges(broccoli, cauliflower etc)nuts, organic yogurt, organic frozen berries, almond flour, protein shakes, keto ice cream, kombucha. My wife makes a host of keto treats with stevia, erythritol, allulose etc. With a cheat meal once per week. Strict Keto was just too hard to gain/maintain muscle at under 50 grams of carbs per day. I find 100-150 grams of carbs is good for me. I'm 45 years old and 2-3 days in the home. gym(short sessions)visible abs at around 20%. Most of my friends at same age are overweight with bellys. Sex life is good but Testosterone is definitely the icing on the cake. Me and the wife would never go back to a standard western diet, as the difference in how you feel and look is night and day. 16/8 fast daily with black coffee and full cream is also a must for us.

Last edited:
I was on keto for a few years but have since transitioned to a high fat protein low carb diet, for the past 3 years. I mainly eat animal based red meat, chicken, pork, fish, organic milk, butter, cream cheese, Atkins bread, low carb potatoes, keto wraps, keto crackers, veges(broccoli, cauliflower etc)nuts, organic yogurt, organic frozen berries, almond flour, protein shakes, keto ice cream, kombucha. My wife makes a host of keto treats with stevia, erythritol, allulose etc. With a cheat meal once per week. Strict Keto was just too hard to gain/maintain muscle at under 50 grams of carbs per day. I find 100-150 grams of carbs is good for me. I'm 45 years old and 2-3 days in the home. gym(short sessions)visible abs at around 20%. Most of my friends at same age are overweight with bellys. Sex life is good but Testosterone is definitely the icing on the cake. Me and the wife would never go back to a standard western diet, as the difference in how you feel and look is night and day. 16/8 fast daily with black coffee and full cream is also a must for us.
That so great..thanks for share that great info....I was before in keto but I don't remember well my days with it coz I was one meal a day with it....I tried eating American diet but I do fasting...but I notice my weight gaining non stopping...and when I breath all people hear my inhalation and exh

I want to say thank you forever whom comment here and helped me...I'm living in kuwait and that Web site ban from time to time I don't know why..I'm sorry in late answer coz ban issue

Third day on keto...I want say erection improved alot (morning wood and other) better than junk food diet..ketogenic really great diet for health
Keto can increase cortisol in many people and that is unlikely to be good for sex drive. You have posted a false choice however in that carbs are a spectrum, not a low carb or high carb choice. I suggest getting the book The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet and starting there. It recommends a carb level around 150-200 grams per day which is neither ultra-low carb or high-carb. The most important thing is to get vegetable oils (seed oils), flower-based foods and processed foods in general out of your diet, while getting enough quality protein, especially from beef.
I have his book and I can't understand his diet..is it as keto method by meat and fat..just adding 150 g of carbs like banana? And still lose fat? And maintain good health? Thanks

BadassBlues

Keto is different than just a low carb diet, so that distinction has to be made. Keto requires a higher fat intake and a much more restricted monitoring of macros. During the transition phase from burning glucose to fats, you can experience a lot of changes. Some are not so pleasant (Keto Flu). So for some, there may be some sexual side effects. This should be temporary however.

Keto actually improved my libido. I don't tolerate processed food and sugar well. The transition made me feel much better, hence a stronger libido. I have since gone to more of an Atkins type of diet as it is easier to live with. Counting macros all day is a pain in the ass. My libido is very good, weight is where I want it and I feel great. For me, feeling good has always equated to a strong libido.

It's easy to assume a direct link to libido from something, diet, medication, supplement etc..., but more often than not, it's a secondary effect. An example: Change of diet (Keto) = fatigue (temporary) = loss of libido (also temporary). Easy equation, when you don't feel well your libido declines.

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

Third day on keto...I want say erection improved alot (morning wood and other) better than junk food diet..ketogenic really great diet for health

I have his book and I can't understand his diet..is it as keto method by meat and fat..just adding 150 g of carbs like banana? And still lose fat? And maintain good health? Thanks
First of all, congratulations on your improvement. If something is working for you then you should probably stick with it until there is some reason to adjust.

The book does not recommend strict keto for the long term as there are stresses that keto can create over time due to the body's need to conserve glucose for some functions, however in the short term it can promote shifting the boy to a more fat burning state which is what most people need, at least for a while. Also, more active people seem to do better with a few more carbs as well. The book also makes recommendations on supplements in addition to diet. However, if you are eating within an 8 hour "window" (fasting for 16 hours per day)as the book recommends, most people will produce some level of ketones due to the 16 hour fasting period. Also, I am noticing more health influencers who were once keto proponents (e.g. Dr. Paul Saladino, Dr Mercola) have now changed their thinking and feel that a few more carbs such as what the book recommends (not high carb, and certainly not junk food) is a better approach. But do what works for you, and keep an open mind in case you need to adjust in the future.

First of all, congratulations on your improvement. If something is working for you then you should probably stick with it until there is some reason to adjust.

The book does not recommend strict keto for the long term as there are stresses that keto can create over time due to the body's need to conserve glucose for some functions, however in the short term it can promote shifting the boy to a more fat burning state which is what most people need, at least for a while. Also, more active people seem to do better with a few more carbs as well. The book also makes recommendations on supplements in addition to diet. However, if you are eating within an 8 hour "window" (fasting for 16 hours per day)as the book recommends, most people will produce some level of ketones due to the 16 hour fasting period. Also, I am noticing more health influencers who were once keto proponents (e.g. Dr. Paul Saladino, Dr Mercola) have now changed their thinking and feel that a few more carbs such as what the book recommends (not high carb, and certainly not junk food) is a better approach. But do what works for you, and keep an open mind in case you need to adjust in the future.
Thank u so much sir for your good words....so to make it more clear...as I readed the book I'm totally lost abd as I watch Paul saladino I'm more confuse...as u practice it pls teach me.. Paul jaiment diet is ketogenic diet added to it 200 grams of carbs?? I mean same rules? Also I wish know what Paul saladino diet is ...is it carnivore diet added to it 150 g crabs? Or its ketogenic diet added to it 150 grams carbs? I see he eat honey and drink milk ( full of carbs) ..pls more explain to put these diets in my tool box and use them once I need ..thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me