Iron Supplementation and Iron Testing Questions?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

gerardo

Yes

This was experienced on more than on occasion. One time I took less than 100mg iron and the next day ate something iron rich and within an hour muscles became very sore mid afternoon.
Currently I take 50 mg of chelated iron + 300 mg of Vit C and I have noticed that the pain takes a long time to appear and when it appears, it takes time to recover and I end up getting tired. I'm going to increase it to 100 mg a day to see.

M.J

I also have iron issues but I am concerned with the increase in hemoglobin if I started taking iron.
How does this work ?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

M.J

If your ferritin is low (below 30), taking iron can increase ferritin without increasing hematocrit too much.

I am coaching a guy who was able to increase his ferritin dramatically with liposomal Vitamin C since it enhances iron absorption.

Thanks Nelson, iron injection won’t work better ? My doc told me he will do that after I donate.

M.J

If your ferritin is low (below 30), taking iron can increase ferritin without increasing hematocrit too much.

I am coaching a guy who was able to increase his ferritin dramatically with liposomal Vitamin C since it enhances iron absorption.

Only lipsomal vitamin c ? Without iron ?

Systemlord

iron injection won’t work better ?
It will get your iron levels up quickly, rather than months on iron supplements. When not on TRT i was able to increase ferritin from 24->128 on vitamin C only within 2 months, but TRT drags it down within months.

My hematocrit hovers around 56% (473 ng/dL) and donation is out of the question.

M.J

It will get your iron levels up quickly, rather than months on iron supplements. When not on TRT i was able to increase ferritin from 24->128 on vitamin C only within 2 months, but TRT drags it down within months.

My hematocrit hovers around 56% (473 ng/dL) and donation is out of the question.
I don’t get it if iron injection is better why use supplements ?

Systemlord

I don’t get it if iron injection is better why use supplements ?

Doctors tend to prescribe the least evasive treatments first, plus insurance companies would rather keep costs down especially when oral iron gets the job done.

Last edited:

FDV70

Hi all, how to rapidly raise ferritin has now been solved. I posted the answer here:

Since vitamin C crushes hepcidin, it has to be strenuously avoided. This is explained in the linked post.

M.J

I have been on vitamin C liposomal 1000mg “”from solaray””daily now for almost one month and half. Pic below.

Based on my last test.
My ferritin are 22ng/ml (range 26-388)

My ferritin before supplementing was 25 ng/ml but I did one blood donation and then started vitamin C

So I assume my ferreting was below 25 somewhere due to the donation and now it’s 22.

I used to be 130 ng/ml before trt. Should I increase vitamin C to 2000mg.

I will give it sometime then will try the new method mentioned above with the iron.
36E80BDA-3CCE-4E5E-AD1E-E707442766B2.jpeg

Attachments

• 45BCB4EC-52FC-477B-8D59-82F8AD6DE458.jpeg
    45BCB4EC-52FC-477B-8D59-82F8AD6DE458.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19

Systemlord

I have been on vitamin C liposomal 1000mg “”from solaray””daily now for almost one month and half. Pic below.

Based on my last test.
My ferritin are 22ng/ml (range 26-388)

My ferritin before supplementing was 25 ng/ml but I did one blood donation and then started vitamin C

So I assume my ferreting was below 25 somewhere due to the donation and now it’s 22.

I used to be 130 ng/ml before trt. Should I increase vitamin C to 2000mg.

I will give it sometime then will try the new method mentioned above with the iron.View attachment 18305
You probably need iron supplements if your ferritin hasn't increased.

Systemlord

I found after this last dosage (Jatenzo 237mg) increase I need more iron, I now require 168mg daily or 6 capsules.

I'll be getting labs on Monday, but I feel great and energy is increasing. Actually my energy start increasing substantially after increasing my iron dosage.

Systemlord

If you gents want to increase ferritin, you HAVE to STOP taking vitamin C during supplementation.
I take my vitamin C together with my iron in the morning, no issues increasing my ferritin at all.

I really have no choice but to take these together because my diabetes is flushing the water soluble vitamins out of my body.

FDV70

I take my vitamin C together with my iron in the morning, no issues increasing my ferritin at all.

I really have no choice but to take these together because my diabetes is flushing the water soluble vitamins out of my body.
What I should have said is that the vitamin C is sandbagging you. You take C and iron, your iron goes to hemoglobin first. Taking iron as per my protocol, you will bypass hemoglobin and increase ferritin far faster. Like 8 to 10 points per day. But if diabetes requires you to take it I suppose you have no choice.

Match

Se os senhores desejam aumentar a ferritina, DEVE PARAR de tomar vitamina C durante a suplementação. Tudo o que você está fazendo é absorver o ferro. Você quer evitar isso. Você precisa de ferro para elevar a hepcidina e aprisionar o ferro dos eritrócitos senescentes nos hepatócitos.
[URL unfurl = "true"] High Hemoglobin or Hematocrit While on TRT [/ URL]
But to elevate hepcidine do not need to improve absorption? Complicated this issue of increasing ferritin, but not the hemetocrit

Last edited:

FDV70

But to elevate hepcidine do not need to improve absorption? Complicated this issue of increasing ferritin, but not the hemetocrit
Hepcidin blocks oral iron absorption at the gut. Unless you suppress hepcidin with vitamins C or D, then the oral iron is absorbed. It goes right to hemoglobin.
When hepcidin is high and oral iron is blocked, hepcidin also withholds iron in liver cells (from recycled RBCs) which is raising ferritin by using your own iron from RBCs instead of the oral iron. The 65mg oral iron without vitamins C and D is only for raising hepcidin, and keeping it high for 4 days. Your RBCs are turning over constantly of course. If your RBCs are high, like over 6, ferritin builds pretty fast. If you are a woman and your RBCs are 3.9 for example, ferritin builds slower.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me