Caber - Libido - Sides?

Buy Lab Tests Online

joeriverside12

Long time lurker, first time poster.

On TRT for 2+ years an everything is great aside from utter lack of libido. Labs are great, mood is good, and all in all no complaints except from the notable libido lack.

Been doing research on caber and am considering asking my doctor about it. I've read how Gene loves the stuff and it looks solid for libido. Came across some troubling info on impulsivity/developing addictions while on caber.

Has experienced these sort of sides while taking caber? Added libido doesn't seem to warrant a predilection for developing these sorts of problems.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Use of Caber is predicated on Prolactin levels...have you been tested? Moreover no mention at all of Prolactin on your part.

HypoProlactinnemia, as we all HyperProlactinemia, would be bad. Caber in and of itself is not a libido inducing drug.

joeriverside12

It's in range.

I don't know if the latter is true based on its effects on dopamine. It doesn't seem to induce greater libido simply by reducing prolactin. There seems to be dopamine mediated effects which translate to the libido enhancement.

The Dopamine agonist is an aside from Prolactin. On this forum saying "it's in range" means almost literally nothing at all. Please post your labs.

Ezio1980

Long time lurker & first time poster like Joeriver I'll jump in this thread since my TRT experience is very similar to him. I've been on trt for 2 years now with a weekly protocol consisting of 75mg test cypionate + 500 IU HCG twice a week. Great results in overal wellbeing and sexdrive for the first six months then I noticed a decrease in libido.
I've done blood work every 6 months, after 6 months TRT total test was 8.70 ng/ml (range 2.70 - 17), then decreased to 5.60 and stayed there for following exams.
Here are the results from last lab test taken 3 weeks ago.

Cortisol -> 15 microg/dL
Prolactin -> 163 µUI/mL (not sure but conversion should be 7.6 ng/ml)
S.H.B.G. -> 21,8 nmol/l
TESTOSTERONE 5,50 ng/mL
ESTRADIOL -> 38 pg/mL

Everything looks within normal range but energy and libido are not where they should be..
Any idea? Thanks !!

I think your Prolactin is right where it should be, and would say your E is too high for your SHBG of 21.8 which was probably the wrong E test, can you verify that by posting the lab range, should have been (ultra)Sensitive LC/MS/MS, any other E test is for females. Where's your Free T???

M

MarkM

I've never taken caber so my knowledge is limited but I found these two articles I thought were interesting.............

Cabergoline - the latest in libido enhancement

"Cabergoline has been proven to significantly decrease prolactin and in so doing increase the sex drive (libido) substantially. There have been reports of enhanced and multiple orgasms as well as stronger ejaculations.

One fascinating trial on 60 healthy males, between the ages of 22 and 31 discovered that they needed a break of 19 minutes between love making. However, after taking cabergoline, they were able to have several orgasms within a few minutes!"

http://www.tharc.com/articles/Cabergoline.php.html

and........

Cabergoline The Drug Helps Boosting Up Libido

"Cabergoline raises dopamine, a brain chemical, which is associated with the feelings of joy and happiness. The increase in dopamine levels often brings about a distinct increase in sexual desire, improvement in temper, vigilance, learning skill and inventiveness. Off-label uses linked with Dostinex-Cabergoline include sex drive enhancement and increased ejaculation volume, mood elevation, appetite suppression and fat loss.

According to Manfred Schedlowski, a medical psychologist involved in the experiments made on Dostinex-Cabergoline at Essen in Germany, Dostinex-Cabergoline boosts the libido to allow the male to orgasm again more swiftly.

Mr. Schedlowski said, “We saw that prolactin rises after orgasm and then thought maybe prolactin is a negative feedback system. Subjects who took this drug had decreased prolactin levels, and reported their orgasm was better and there was a shorter refractory period. We interviewed these subjects and found they were able to have multiple orgasms in very rapid succession. This is sitting very nicely with our hypothesis that orgasms and sexual drive are steered by prolactin and dopamine in the brain."

Copied with permission from: http://plrplr.com/77832/dostinex-cabergoline-the-drug-helps-boosting-up-libido/

Ezio1980

Thanks Vince for super quick reply.

range for estradiol simply says < 56 while range for SHBG says 13 - 71 for men. My doc didn't prescribe free test , I need to add it.

joeriverside12

There's seems to be plenty of people on the forums with good blood work but with the same reoccurring problem: lack of libido, especially compared to when they started TRT.

Desensitization of dopamine seems to make sense as a probable cause.

I'm in sales. I have noticed that the euphoria of closing deals is no longer there. I would go as far to say that there is no elevation in mood no matter the deal sized closed. This transition happened immediately after starting TRT, suggesting less transient changes in dopamine, high or low.

Just take care in chasing Dopamine that you don't in turn create a HypoProlactin scenario which would be counter to your libido seeking. Low PRL will kill your libido, too.

Guided_by_Voices

I suggest a low dose of Chasteberry for those wanting to experiment with lower prolactin. I find it very helpful although it is not something you want to overdo, and it's much cheaper and easier to get than Caber.

captain

Caber will take your Prolactin to 0. I tried it and it may help a little but it made me tired and feel run down all the time. To me what little good it did is not worth feeling bad 24/7. I think I got better results from lowering my RT3. If you do a little research you will find a connection with elevated Prolactin and Hypothyroid.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me