Anabolic Effects of TRT/HCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BBaller

Hey guys,

So I started TRT about 4 weeks ago- Test Cyp 70mg + 400IU HCG 2x/week. So far fine-no major injection issues or anything. Possible experiential effects to date are mostly hard to pin down, except for some weight gain.

I haven't been training as much recently (energy still sort of low), but I've gained between 5-8lbs depending on the day, and not in muscle.

Is this possibly attributable to water retention due to the medication or just general anabolic properties of the drugs?

If not, I'm thinking this has to do with transient storage factors possibly, or the regular ebb and flow of weight. My calorie intake and output don't seem sufficient to explain the weight swing.

I expect that something like this would happen in the early stages, so I'm not greatly concerned. But I am curious and wonder if anyone here had similar experiences or has any insight to share.

Thanks y'all

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Guys just starting TRT often have some water retention for the first few weeks, but that normally goes away once your body adjusts.

BBaller

Guys just starting TRT often have some water retention for the first few weeks, but that normally goes away once your body adjusts.

Thanks ERO- I remember coming across that but it didn't quite register. I saw a post suggesting that it may have to do with sodium retention and not necessarily estradiol, but it's a good idea to take some blood work 6 weeks in.

Is there a standard recommendation for follow up blood work? Just T, free and total, and sensitive estradiol? I know Defy recommends follow up blood work at 12 weeks, but I wouldn't mind doing a shorter check in just to see where I'm at if that's sensible.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Yeah, agree, water retention can and does happen. Get it dialed in as ERO has mentioned, and also make sure you are managing your E2 effectively.

Vince

Super Moderator
BBaller, I would wait 12 weeks before getting blood work, but 6 weeks should be enough. If you can't wait :)

BBaller

BBaller, I would wait 12 weeks before getting blood work, but 6 weeks should be enough. If you can't wait :)

Thanks Vince. I probably will wait- I know there's blood work Defy requires at around the 12 week mark anyway. Just wondered if the best practice recommended here was for initial bloodwork at 6 weeks.

BBaller

Yeah, agree, water retention can and does happen. Get it dialed in as ERO has mentioned, and also make sure you are managing your E2 effectively.

Vettester Chris,

What would you recommend on that front, aside from my routine check in blood work?

From what I gather, a bit of water retention may not be indicative of E2 issues, and may level off on its own as my body adjusts. So I'm ok to give things a little time to settle and not become respond in too much of a hair trigger way to every change.

BBaller

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-and-During-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy

There is excellent material in the Blood Test Diacussion subfolder. Take some time and review it - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Coastwatcher- I have seen that material, and I agree, it's very useful and comprehensive. My question was more about whether specific pointed blood work was indicated at 6 weeks as a sort of 'best practices' check in before the 12 week blood work from Defy. It sounds like from Vince that I may be fine to just wait until 12 weeks and order what Defy recommends.

But this is a great resource- thanks again.

CoastWatcher

Thanks Coastwatcher- I have seen that material, and I agree, it's very useful and comprehensive. My question was more about whether specific pointed blood work was indicated at 6 weeks as a sort of 'best practices' check in before the 12 week blood work from Defy. It sounds like from Vince that I may be fine to just wait until 12 weeks and order what Defy recommends.

But this is a great resource- thanks again.

I understand that Defy has a twelve-week mark before Bloodwork is drawn. My own doctor draws at six and twelve I order to get something of a "moving picture" in regard to patient response. She noted that at 12 weeks something might not be where it should be, she likes to know where things are a bit earlier. In my own case, I presented with very high E2 at six weeks. We adjusted my injection schedule (she turns to Anastrozole only after other efforts have failed to help) and at 12 weeks everything was fine. Doctor's preference, and cost certainly may be a factor for some. Either way, six weeks or twelve weeks, you should be fine. Whatever is comfortable for you.

BBaller

I understand that Defy has a twelve-week mark before Bloodwork is drawn. My own doctor draws at six and twelve I order to get something of a "moving picture" in regard to patient response. She noted that at 12 weeks something might not be where it should be, she likes to know where things are a bit earlier. In my own case, I presented with very high E2 at six weeks. We adjusted my injection schedule (she turns to Anastrozole only after other efforts have failed to help) and at 12 weeks everything was fine. Doctor's preference, and cost certainly may be a factor for some. Either way, six weeks or twelve weeks, you should be fine. Whatever is comfortable for you.

Thanks CoastWatcher. That makes sense to me. I dis go ahead and order some blood work just to get that 'moving picture' as you mentioned. Whether or not I end up re-working my medication schedule with Defy before 12 weeks, I think it will be good to get that snapshot just to see what's up.

Will check in with a report once I receive my results. Thanks again!

CoastWatcher

Thanks CoastWatcher. That makes sense to me. I dis go ahead and order some blood work just to get that 'moving picture' as you mentioned. Whether or not I end up re-working my medication schedule with Defy before 12 weeks, I think it will be good to get that snapshot just to see what's up.

Will check in with a report once I receive my results. Thanks again!

The thing about Diacountedlabs.com and self-testing is that it puts control back in our hands. We become partners with our doctors. I think you're making the right decision for your peace of mind.

The thing about Diacountedlabs.com and self-testing is that it puts control back in our hands. We become partners with our doctors. I think you're making the right decision for your peace of mind.

Exactly and well worded. If I left everything up to my doc I would have horribly crashed estrogen levels and not even know it due to the anastrozole he automatically prescribes.

BBaller

Exactly and well worded. If I left everything up to my doc I would have horribly crashed estrogen levels and not even know it due to the anastrozole he automatically prescribes.

Agreed Coastwatcher- very well said. It's great to be a co-collaborate rather than just executor when it comes to medical treatment.

Jim Remick- glad you've been able to avoid those issues to date!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me