Why All Men Should be Tested with the Sensitive Estradiol Test

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

So many, perhaps most, of us had a hard time finding the right doctor, one who understood TRT. It may be the single most important factor in restoring your health. I was fortunate to find a local doc, a very good one, but had I not been able to connect as I did, I would have considered Defy.

Can you say if this is an Sensitive E2 test:

ABSTRACT In this simple, reliable, fast solid-phase chemiluminescence immunoassay for directly measuring (i.e., without prior extraction) estradiol-17 beta in serum, a monoclonal antibody is used that binds estradiol with high affinity (Ka = 10(10) L/mol), and does not bind other steroids tested, the highest cross reactivity observed being 0.1% for estradiol-17 alpha. In this system the monoclonal antibody is bound to the wells of microtiter plates via a second antibody directed against the monoclonal antibody. Fifty microliters of serum and estradiol-displacing agents are added, followed by 100 pg of estradiol-isoluminol conjugate, and the label is measured by luminometry after the binding reaction. The sensitivity of the assay is 180 pmol per liter of serum, and the effective working range at less than or equal to 10% CV is 270 to 6700 pmol/L. Analytical recovery of added estradiol averaged 99.7% (SD 6.5%). Within- and between-assay CVs ranged between 5 and 12.7%. Thirty-five unknown serum samples can be assayed within 4 h. Results correlated well with those obtained with a direct RIA: r = 0.94 (n = 149). This assay opens new perspectives for chemiluminescence immunoassays.
Direct chemiluminescence immunoassay for estradiol in serum (PDF Download Available). Available from: http://www.researchgate.net/publica...minescence_immunoassay_for_estradiol_in_serum [accessed Aug 7, 2015].

Matteo

What is the ideal or "optimal" range for men with the sensitive test?

I see that labcorp lists 8-35 for the range. I got tested for 11, so it that too low? Even though it's within range?

CoastWatcher

Yes, I've had testosterone checked many times and it is low. I'm not on TRT. Just wondering what an "optimal" estradiol level is for men.

Thanks!

An optimal level of testosterone is an individual value. I am quite comfortable if, on the sensitive test, my range is between 29 and 37. Others do well with slightly higher or slightly lower numbers. The sensitive result is the beginning if the discussion that a good doctor and his patient have. Other considerations are total and free testosterone levels, the testosterone:estrogen ratio, symptoms, and - most importantly - how the patient feels. These factors determine the answer.

Matteo

Well, I understand that it varies for each individual. What I am wanting to know, is if a level of 11 (on a scale 8-35) would or could cause additional symptoms?

Obviously, since I have many symptoms, I'm assuming most of them are from low test, (lowest level 154) but I'm wondering if I am experiencing symptoms from low estradiol as well.

CoastWatcher

Well, I understand that it varies for each individual. What I am wanting to know, is if a level of 11 (on a scale 8-35) would or could cause additional symptoms?

Obviously, since I have many symptoms, I'm assuming most of them are from low test, (lowest level 154) but I'm wondering if I am experiencing symptoms from low estradiol as well.

Well, that is an objectively low estradiol value. With low testosterone it isn't necessarily a surprise that you have low E. It could well be a factor in how you feel.

Vince

Super Moderator
46yrs old, bloods took 11.20am, 92kg with 2 stone of fat to shift.
Test 14.1nmol/L or 406ng/ml, free test around 1.5%, E2 145pmol/L or 39 usa, cortisol 295nmol/L
Smyptoms, fatigue, low mood, no libido, feeling less like a man in general.
Because my bloods came back within so-called range the doctor was unwilling to help with my problems, but has referred me to a urologist to treat ED,
So I've started to treat myself and started at a 250mg test enth injection, this much raise my estrogen level to much I feel, so I have lowered the dose to 100mg per week in 2 weekly shots to try and avoid estrogen bumps, I still think my estrogen is still on the high side and maybe estrogen sensitive, because it can cause me to have anxiety, at first I tried letrozole but this is think just added to the anxiety with estrogen going up and down, so I've ordered some DIM to try and lower estrogen but not tank it, ..to be honest i have had a lot of stress over the past year and a half, my goal is to get my estrogen and other hormones under control in order to lose weight so my estrogen aromastise is naturally low, possibly come off the testosterone.
Iam also dealing with my stress and the major factors will be over within a couple of months..
I've been weight training and doing cardio 4 to 5 times a week but it's hard to lose fat with out of sinc hormones and hav'nt seen much result
My question is, is my E2 to high and responsible for low libido or is it SHBG, or a combination with the added stress.
You should post full labs with rangers, under the Blood Test Discussion thread. https://www.excelmale.com/forumdisplay.php?58-Blood-Test-Discussion

Whatzup

On arimidex taking .5 on Mondays, Wednesday's and Friday's I had a sensitive result of 17 yet when I took .5 just on Mondays and Friday's it dropped to 5. This is alarming to me. Why would it be lower on a lower dose?

CoastWatcher

On arimidex taking .5 on Mondays, Wednesday's and Friday's I had a sensitive result of 17 yet when I took .5 just on Mondays and Friday's it dropped to 5. This is alarming to me. Why would it be lower on a lower dose?
What other changes, if any, in your protocol, might have been made?

OMI100

Originally Posted by CoastWatcher What other changes, if any, in your protocol, might have been made?
None really. Maybe i never needed the inhibitor. My dr goes by the standard test. "
***********************************************************************************
Are you saying that you ran the SENSTITIVE TEST and results was 17 (8.0-35.0 range) and then ran it again after a few days and it was 5 (8.0-35.0)?
If your Endo has been prescribing an AI based on the STANDARD test you could easily overcorrect and go waaaaay to low.
https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/24871/estradiol-sensitive-lc-ms
Adult Men. The use of a sensitive, LC/MS assay for serum E2 measurement in males is preferred over direct immunoassays because of its greater sensitivity and lesser interference by other steroids.[SUP]28[/SUP] In males, estradiol is present at low concentrations in blood, but it is extraordinarily high in semen.[SUP]4[/SUP] Estradiol plays an important role in epididymal function and sperm maturation and is essential for normal spermatogenesis and sperm motility.[SUP]4[/SUP]

Whatzup

Originally Posted by CoastWatcher What other changes, if any, in your protocol, might have been made?
None really. Maybe i never needed the inhibitor. My dr goes by the standard test. "
***********************************************************************************
Are you saying that you ran the SENSTITIVE TEST and results was 17 (8.0-35.0 range) and then ran it again after a few days and it was 5 (8.0-35.0)?
If your Endo has been prescribing an AI based on the STANDARD test you could easily overcorrect and go waaaaay to low.
https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/24871/estradiol-sensitive-lc-ms
Adult Men. The use of a sensitive, LC/MS assay for serum E2 measurement in males is preferred over direct immunoassays because of its greater sensitivity and lesser interference by other steroids.[SUP]28[/SUP] In males, estradiol is present at low concentrations in blood, but it is extraordinarily high in semen.[SUP]4[/SUP] Estradiol plays an important role in epididymal function and sperm maturation and is essential for normal spermatogenesis and sperm motility.[SUP]4[/SUP]

That is correct. I will not keep taking the e2 until I get retested with the sensitive again. Like I said earlier maybe I never needed the e2 blocker. I don't care what number the standard is so long as the sensitive is normal.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me