What should I expect after lowering my testosterone dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

KenLowT

Today is my first day of injections with a reduced dosage. I took everyone's advice and dropped from 175 mg every week to 100 mg, 50mg 2x weekly. I did the 175 for three weeks. What can I expect from lowering my dosage now? Will my libido be effected? It was on the upswing with the 175, but it's only been three weeks. This will be my 4th week on testosterone cypionate. I'm hoping with a lower dose that things will be more stable, but still improving.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

You might not feel anything for a few weeks until your body stabilizes on the new dosing protocol. You should have a more stable T and E level on twice a week dosing.

M

MarkM

Keep in my that since you just started TRT you were in the "honeymoon" period where the injected (exogenous) testosterone was combing with your normally produced (endogenous) testosterone which was about to run out. You are probably going to feel much more stable and could vey well have a great libido. in the long run you will be better served starting off on the lower end (100 mg) and moving upward if necessary. I'll have to go back to your previous post to take a look at your numbers.

CoastWatcher

In all honesty, what might present during the next six weeks is anyone's guess. It's safe to say you'll feel unsettled at times, both pleasantly and unpleasantly so. Four years ago, when I radically changed my protocol, there were days I wondered if it was worth it. Libido non-existent one day, returning the next, a vague sense of "being hypogonadal" once again. But stay the course - the changes were spectacularly successful in my case, and you have every reason to be solidly hopeful.

KenLowT

Keep in my that since you just started TRT you were in the "honeymoon" period where the injected (exogenous) testosterone was combing with your normally produced (endogenous) testosterone which was about to run out. You are probably going to feel much more stable and could vey well have a great libido. in the long run you will be better served starting off on the lower end (100 mg) and moving upward if necessary. I'll have to go back to your previous post to take a look at your numbers.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but the libido I had this week is now gone. Coincidence or is it all in my head?

HealthMan

Tough to say. But Coast offered really good advice. When I lowered my dosage from 180mg to 110mg initially i felt great (1 week into it) then it came a period where i didnt feel good at all (almost like hypogonadal). It took 6-8 weeks for things to stabilize. So don’t take any conclusions in the first couple of months.

CoastWatcher

Maybe I'm overreacting, but the libido I had this week is now gone. Coincidence or is it all in my head?
It could be any one of a number of things. Remember, libido is a complex factor that depends on more than testosterone to make its presence felt. There is a physiological component, which we understandably focus on because we believe we can control it more easily, and there is the emotional/psychological,component that is - at least - as significant. Both are undoubtedly at play here. Serum levels are in flux, won't become stable for six weeks, and you'll be experiencing a wide variety of possibilities.

HealthMan

Every single time I changed my protocol i felt amazing for the first week. Crazy libido erections etc. Then i feel off for a few weeks and then everything stabilizes to a point you can start to take conclusions about the new protocol.

madman

Super Moderator
Today is my first day of injections with a reduced dosage. I took everyone's advice and dropped from 175 mg every week to 100 mg, 50mg 2x weekly. I did the 175 for three weeks. What can I expect from lowering my dosage now? Will my libido be effected? It was on the upswing with the 175, but it's only been three weeks. This will be my 4th week on testosterone cypionate. I'm hoping with a lower dose that things will be more stable, but still improving.

I agree with Vince!

Regardless of it taking 6 weeks for levels to stabilize even though one may notice some positive/negative effects at 6 weeks on the new protocol and through blood work you will be able to see how your hormones (total t, free t, e2) among other health markers are impacted it can take a lot longer to truly gauge/see how the new dose is effecting you overall regarding low t symptoms and well being.

I had no libido for 15 years it took 8 months of TRT for me to get my libido back.
The problem was it was too strong and I have been reducing my T cyp dose ever since to find a happy medium one me and the wife will enjoy.

Blackhawk

I don;t remember how long you have been on 170, but the longer, probably the more likely you'll have symptoms. That is a large reduction.

I have been going through multiple smaller reductions of 10-12% each time and experience a rough period at around 3-5 weeks. This time I think I may have hit bottom in terms of dosage. It feels like before I had treatment.... very bad. Loss of energy, not able to exercise even at a minimal baseline, not recovering from exercise, libido has plummeted, mental status depressed and anxious.

KenLowT

I don;t remember how long you have been on 170, but the longer, probably the more likely you'll have symptoms. That is a large reduction.

I have been going through multiple smaller reductions of 10-12% each time and experience a rough period at around 3-5 weeks. This time I think I may have hit bottom in terms of dosage. It feels like before I had treatment.... very bad. Loss of energy, not able to exercise even at a minimal baseline, not recovering from exercise, libido has plummeted, mental status depressed and anxious.

I've only be on 175mg for three injections. So starting today this is my 4th injection. I'm hoping since I was on 175mg for only three weeks that it won't be so bad.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me