Should I consider lowering my dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mike9876

About 8 weeks ago I had a blood test. I hadn't been feeling that great and felt like I may need to increase my dose. At that time I was on 87.5mg p/w injecting EOD. Yes, I know 87.5 seems like a wacky number. It's just that because I'm injecting EOD, its only a small amount per injection and it just works out easier to get to this number with the markings on the syringe, rather than trying to get to say 90mg, which would be part way between markings. I hope this makes sense.

So at that time, 8 weeks ago my numbers were.
Total T 17 (8.3-29)
Free T 483 (225-725)
SHBG 16 (11-71)
E2 Sensitive 120 (50-150)

So I increased my dose to 105mg p/w. It's now been 8 weeks and I just got the results of a blood test I had taken a few days ago. Here are the results.

Total T 31 (8.3-29)
Free T 896 (225-725)
SHBG 19 (11-71)
E2 Sensitive 120 Still waiting for the result however I 'feel' like my E2 is in a good place. Morning wood good and no signs of high or low E2.

Now, I have to say I'm very surprised that my Total and Free T jumped by such a large amount. Given that my Total T is at the very top of the range, and my Free T is above the top of the range, should I consider lowering my dose?

Now I do feel good at the moment, but I'm wondering if having levels that hight might not be the best idea long term.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Paul M

If you're feeling much better on the higher dose then I would stay on that. It's not as if your levels are way high and it will usually fluctuate slightly either way every time you test anyway. How you feel is much more important to what your numbers are to a certain extent.

madman

Super Moderator
About 8 weeks ago I had a blood test. I hadn't been feeling that great and felt like I may need to increase my dose. At that time I was on 87.5mg p/w injecting EOD. Yes, I know 87.5 seems like a wacky number. It's just that because I'm injecting EOD, its only a small amount per injection and it just works out easier to get to this number with the markings on the syringe, rather than trying to get to say 90mg, which would be part way between markings. I hope this makes sense.

So at that time, 8 weeks ago my numbers were.
Total T 17 (8.3-29)
Free T 483 (225-725)
SHBG 16 (11-71)
E2 Sensitive 120 (50-150)

So I increased my dose to 105mg p/w. It's now been 8 weeks and I just got the results of a blood test I had taken a few days ago. Here are the results.

Total T 31 (8.3-29)
Free T 896 (225-725)
SHBG 19 (11-71)
E2 Sensitive 120 Still waiting for the result however I 'feel' like my E2 is in a good place. Morning wood good and no signs of high or low E2.

Now, I have to say I'm very surprised that my Total and Free T jumped by such a large amount. Given that my Total T is at the very top of the range, and my Free T is above the top of the range, should I consider lowering my dose?

Now I do feel good at the moment, but I'm wondering if having levels that hight might not be the best idea long term.

Thoughts?

Your TT/FT levels are by no means very high and if you feel good and overall blood markers are in a healthy range than that is what truly matters.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the unbound active fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Most men do well having FT levels in the 30+ ng/dL range and with a TT 31 nmol/L (893.4 ng/dL), SHBG 19 nmol/L, Albumin 4.3 g/dL (mean) than your FT levels would be around 33 ng/dL when calculated using an accurate method.

TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT

Spend some time on here and you will see men running much higher FT levels in the 30-50 ng/dL range as some may feel better overall running higher levels and as long as blood markers are in a healthy range.....highly doubtful running levels on the higher end would be detrimental to ones overall health long-term.

Believe it or not some men do well running FT levels <30 ng/dL and feel great.

You need to find what is best for you as not everyone can tolerate running higher levels.

Key point is as long as you feel good and overall blood markers are in a healthy range.....no need to worry if your levels are over the top end of the reference range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me