What can I expect stopping TRT after 4 months?

Buy Lab Tests Online
After a lot of careful consideration, I have decided to stop. My quality of life has gotten downright terrible.

Without getting into labs or further suggestions, at age 35 on 200mg/week, is it unreasonable to stop cold turkey?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You could, it will take time but you will recover. You should be able to get back to old levels in time. We do have some members that just stop cold turkey and some do okay that way. The only way you will know, is by trying it.

xqfq

Were you on HCG? If not that could prolong your recovery, as the testicles may need more time to start back up again. But there aren’t good studies on this kind of thing so it’s mostly anecdotal.

Charliebizz

At 200mg a week you’ll probably hit a point where you actually feel good coming off cold turkey. If trt is making you feel worse off you should have no problems coming off and going back to how you felt before trt. I’ve come off a bunch of times and using clomid to help ease me off made no difference. Trt has yet to really help me so that might factor in why coming off hasn’t been hard for me.

That said I’m trying transdermals and so far I do not feel much but I’m not having bad sides either. So that’s a start.

Were you on HCG? If not that could prolong your recovery, as the testicles may need more time to start back up again. But there aren’t good studies on this kind of thing so it’s mostly anecdotal.

I was for a while, and actually stopped HCG just a month ago. So there isn't much shrinkage.

At 200mg a week you’ll probably hit a point where you actually feel good coming off cold turkey. If trt is making you feel worse off you should have no problems coming off and going back to how you felt before trt. I’ve come off a bunch of times and using clomid to help ease me off made no difference. Trt has yet to really help me so that might factor in why coming off hasn’t been hard for me.

That said I’m trying transdermals and so far I do not feel much but I’m not having bad sides either. So that’s a start.

It's had its ups and downs but I'm going to take the input of those around me and go for it.

I have a pituitary adenoma and I'm wondering if that's the root cause, and worth treating instead. Going to go that route I decided.

Charliebizz

I don’t think 5mm would cause lower hormones. I have a 3mm. I did a lot of reading. Usually got to be over 10 to crush some of the pituitary to effect hormones. The smaller ones usually secrete excess hormones. Or do nothing at all.

I don’t think 5mm would cause lower hormones. I have a 3mm. I did a lot of reading. Usually got to be over 10 to crush some of the pituitary to effect hormones. The smaller ones usually secrete excess hormones. Or do nothing at all.

The prolactin is the part that really makes me wonder. Like it's not super high at all but it's clearly out of range (30-70, top of range being around 20). I guess I'm not expecting my T to improve from it but it'd be nice.

Charliebizz

Did you test your prolactin fasting? Dr crisler put me on to that when my prolactin came back high. He said make sure I do it fasting and it’s never came back high again.

Did you test your prolactin fasting? Dr crisler put me on to that when my prolactin came back high. He said make sure I do it fasting and it’s never came back high again.

Both fasting and not :/ I've probably had my prolactin tested 1-2 dozen times over the past couple years. It only came down on cabergoline BUT sexual function on that (and bromo) was greatly diminished.

BigBamBoo

I have stopped cold turkey 3 times now....no crash. In fact, about 3-4 weeks after stopping, I go through a “coming off honeymoon” phase and feel pretty darn good.

I have tried different protocols with injections and tried cream...TRT just doesn’t seem to work for me.

Good luck.

I have stopped cold turkey 3 times now....no crash. In fact, about 3-4 weeks after stopping, I go through a “coming off honeymoon” phase and feel pretty darn good.

I have tried different protocols with injections and tried cream...TRT just doesn’t seem to work for me.

Good luck.

This gives me a lot of hope, thank you.

How much were you on and roughly for how long?

BigBamBoo

This gives me a lot of hope, thank you.

How much were you on and roughly for how long?

I was on injections for over a year the first time and was on 240mg a week at my top protocol.

2nd time I was on 160mg a week.

This last time I was on two clicks a day of cream.

I am high SHBG....over 70. So higher doses were needed to get my free T up.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me