Advice for quitting trt after 2 months?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jonny2023

Thinking of quitting trt and prioritising my own production of testosterone. Before going on I done 2 tests, one was 9nmol and one was 14nmol however at the times of those tests I was under a lot of stress and mental health was on the deck. I have seen it as high as 27nmol with supplements but average without supplements seems to be around 18nmol. Feel like I got 'lured' in with the possible life changing benefits of trt however its 2 months in and I apart from stable sleep I'm not seeing any more benefits. And sleep could even be from less stess atm. Instead of benefits I've noticed my balls seem smaller even with HCG, my ejaculate volume has decreased and libido is down. Even off trt the libido seems to come and go! Can get higher with supplements but usually is a temporary boost. Had some success with supplements like ecdysterone and tongkat ali.

So thinking of quitting after 2 months. I wanted to go on to keep levels up with the hopes I would see massive benefits but it's been a bit of a let down so far. I feel like I may have a better chance coming off and prioritising sleep, diet, mental health, phsical helath etc.. had lots of symptoms of low t but could just be related to stess and anxiety as well!

I suppose I'm worried about coming off and everything just deteriorating. Worried about sleep taking a hit and spiraling into a state of fatigue, insomnia and anxiety then thinking this wasn't so bad after all. Been thinking of quitting my job to focus on full recovery although only working 2 days a week in the gym atm so may be able to power through. On the other hand I could come off and feel good after a while and get back to my average level and start introducing supplements again possibly reaching 27nmol naturally and feel pretty good. Life for me seems to be up and down in general. Libido comes and goes and energy levels change. Anxiety levels go up and down. Happyness levels fluctuate. Tesosterone (for me) seems to fluctuate. Just want to get off this and put this trt obsession behind me and prioritise my own helath and production of testosterone. I know some guys need this but maybe I made a mistake and didn't really need it. Maybe I had to go on to see that it wasn't the 'holy grail' I thought it would be. I appreciate some guys really need this and I thought I might as well but now I'm having second thoughts.

Dose has been 75mg a week split into 2 with hcg 500iu twice a week but recently changed to 100mg a week split into 2 with hcg 750iu split into 3. Levels after 7 weeks were 19nmol TT and FT 0.385. Oestradiol 136pmol.

I'm basically looking for advice about coming off. Should I just stop testosterone and continue with hcg for a while? Should I ask for enclomiphene to trigger LH and FSH? I feel like the dr is going to be reluctant to prescribe enclomiphene as I've mentioned it before and he said to just continue with hcg if I stop.

Would appreciate any advice!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Sorry this is short but the best way is just stop cold. Turkey. 2 months is a very long and I think you will recovery your levels fast. Keep a clean diet, sleep and workout. Plus I wouldn't quit my job.

Systemlord

one was 9nmol and one was 14nmol however at the times of those tests I was under a lot of stress and mental health was on the deck.
Low-T can make one less able to deal with normal stress, the cause of stress could be directly related to having low-T and not the other way around.
Feel like I got 'lured' in with the possible life changing benefits of trt however it’s 2 months in and I apart from stable sleep I'm not seeing any more benefits.
2 months is very early in treatment to be expecting significant results, at this point your levels have only been at a steady state for 2 weeks! In reality it’s going to take several months to start seeing significant changes.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Thinking of quitting trt and prioritising my own production of testosterone. Before going on I done 2 tests, one was 9nmol and one was 14nmol however at the times of those tests I was under a lot of stress and mental health was on the deck. I have seen it as high as 27nmol with supplements but average without supplements seems to be around 18nmol. Feel like I got 'lured' in with the possible life changing benefits of trt however its 2 months in and I apart from stable sleep I'm not seeing any more benefits. And sleep could even be from less stess atm. Instead of benefits I've noticed my balls seem smaller even with HCG, my ejaculate volume has decreased and libido is down. Even off trt the libido seems to come and go! Can get higher with supplements but usually is a temporary boost. Had some success with supplements like ecdysterone and tongkat ali.

So thinking of quitting after 2 months. I wanted to go on to keep levels up with the hopes I would see massive benefits but it's been a bit of a let down so far. I feel like I may have a better chance coming off and prioritising sleep, diet, mental health, phsical helath etc.. had lots of symptoms of low t but could just be related to stess and anxiety as well!

I suppose I'm worried about coming off and everything just deteriorating. Worried about sleep taking a hit and spiraling into a state of fatigue, insomnia and anxiety then thinking this wasn't so bad after all. Been thinking of quitting my job to focus on full recovery although only working 2 days a week in the gym atm so may be able to power through. On the other hand I could come off and feel good after a while and get back to my average level and start introducing supplements again possibly reaching 27nmol naturally and feel pretty good. Life for me seems to be up and down in general. Libido comes and goes and energy levels change. Anxiety levels go up and down. Happyness levels fluctuate. Tesosterone (for me) seems to fluctuate. Just want to get off this and put this trt obsession behind me and prioritise my own helath and production of testosterone. I know some guys need this but maybe I made a mistake and didn't really need it. Maybe I had to go on to see that it wasn't the 'holy grail' I thought it would be. I appreciate some guys really need this and I thought I might as well but now I'm having second thoughts.

Dose has been 75mg a week split into 2 with hcg 500iu twice a week but recently changed to 100mg a week split into 2 with hcg 750iu split into 3. Levels after 7 weeks were 19nmol TT and FT 0.385. Oestradiol 136pmol.

I'm basically looking for advice about coming off. Should I just stop testosterone and continue with hcg for a while? Should I ask for enclomiphene to trigger LH and FSH? I feel like the dr is going to be reluctant to prescribe enclomiphene as I've mentioned it before and he said to just continue with hcg if I stop.

Would appreciate any advice!

Thanks.
Based on your average 18 nmol (519 ng/dl) total T baseline, you probably didn't need TRT unless your SHBG was very high. You are still very early in the process when it comes to waiting for results and making changes to dial in. It's likely you could arrive at a better state than you're currently in with more time and protocol adjustments.

However, when you start with healthy baseline levels of testosterone, TRT has less to offer you than someone who was actually hypogonadal. You can count on improved physical function in terms of strength, size, recovery and maybe a more confident, self-assured attitude. Be prepared for many other things to get worse in exchange for those limited benefits though.

If you want to abandon ship, I would stop the TRT, continue the hCG for two more weeks until the cypionate drops to a low level, and then stop hCG. Enclomiphene at this point would accelerate recovery a little but you'll be fine without it too, it might just take an extra week or two.

Jonny2023

Based on your average 18 nmol (519 ng/dl) total T baseline, you probably didn't need TRT unless your SHBG was very high. You are still very early in the process when it comes to waiting for results and making changes to dial in. It's likely you could arrive at a better state than you're currently in with more time and protocol adjustments.

However, when you start with healthy baseline levels of testosterone, TRT has less to offer you than someone who was actually hypogonadal. You can count on improved physical function in terms of strength, size, recovery and maybe a more confident, self-assured attitude. Be prepared for many other things to get worse in exchange for those limited benefits though.

If you want to abandon ship, I would stop the TRT, continue the hCG for two more weeks until the cypionate drops to a low level, and then stop hCG. Enclomiphene at this point would accelerate recovery a little but you'll be fine without it too, it might just take an extra week or two.
Good advice! Thanks. Just feel like I'll probably end up coming off eventually so why keep swimming further out to sea? I could maybe go back on later in life if need be! At least now I know what it's like to be on trt! However I could also give it another month or 2 and see how I get on with this slight dose increase.

Zaskar

Good advice! Thanks. Just feel like I'll probably end up coming off eventually so why keep swimming further out to sea? I could maybe go back on later in life if need be! At least now I know what it's like to be on trt! However I could also give it another month or 2 and see how I get on with this slight dose increase.
I’ve been on and off a few times in my life . I recovered just fine after 3 months. No matter how low of dose I took my T levels were over 1500 . I make T but had a high SHBG .

Zaskar

Honestly, I didn’t fell much difference . I was expecting the worst after reading the horror stories of coming off . Is what made the most difference in my health , is calorie deficit and upping protein . Game changer as far as body fat , energy … libido comes and goes .. I’m 57 . Good luck

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me