TruT Free Testosterone Calculator

Buy Lab Tests Online

jacb

Hi

I wanted to check my numbers and looked at the TruT Free Testosterone Calculator website.

The Albumin Window use to be variable and is now it fixed. They ask you to contact them if you wish to use a different value. The contact window then produces an error!?

What's going on with them?

This is how it used to look .....

Trut.JPG

and today it looked like this:

Trut1.JPG

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jacb

The calculator works for me as well …. But it won’t let me change the Albumin? I have tried the link above on a windows 10 machine and an iPad with the same outcome. Did you use the link in my post and what operating system are you using? If you clicked on the contact link, did it work?

T

tareload

Are those your Total T and SHBG values or did you just choose them off the top of your head?
Example but not too far off from where I was pre TRT (minus the fT estimate which looks way high haha) and why I don't use that calculator (hahaha).

For comparison:

1665070449251.png

Poor bastard doesn't get TRT when his provider uses the TruT estimator (unless provider clued in on TruT range). And people accuse me of being too conservative :) . Get those LH/FSH numbers guys before making any life altering decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacb

I used your link and was able to change albumin and I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.

It even worked perfectly on my Android phone.
Thanks for that …. I tried again and it still didn’t work ….. but due to what you said, I persevered and using a VPN moved myself to the USA …. It worked! I can now change all values. Hu Rah.

jacb

Readalot thank you for showing us the difference between the two Free Testosterone calculators:

1: The University Hospital of Ghent, Belgium - LINK

2: The TruT by FPT - LINK

I thought that the best calculator debate had been fought on this forum and the TruT calculator was the winner?

@madman @Nelson Vergel

T

tareload

I thought that the best calculator debate had been fought on this forum and the TruT calculator was the winner?
Haha. I must have missed class that day. @madman and I have a steak dinner bet on that (no not really).

Plenty of posts on here going back and forth. We do not know YET.

jacb

This Calculator situation makes things difficult.

EG: I believe that a good "Free Testosterone" range is: 20-30 ng/dL

One of my past results was:
Total Testosterone = 33.0 nMol/L
Albumin = 4.3 g/dL (43 g/L)
SHBG = 30 nMol/L

TruT Free Testosterone Calculator = 33.11 ng/dL
Ghent
Free Testosterone Calculator = 0.834 nMol/L or 24.05 ng/dL

The Balance my Hormones Unit Converter used to convert
nMol/L to ng/dL - LINK

So, am I above or within my chosen range?

An Equilibrium Dialysis Free Testosterone Blood Test is not available in NZ.

These calculators must have been compared with real world test data by now .... Is there no firm winner regarding which is closest to actual blood test results?

@madman

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Example but not too far off from where I was pre TRT (minus the fT estimate which looks way high haha) and why I don't use that calculator (hahaha).

For comparison:

View attachment 26148

Poor bastard doesn't get TRT when his provider uses the TruT estimator. And people accuse me of being too conservative :) . Get those LH/FSH numbers guys before making any life altering decisions.

For the time being no provider should be using/relying on the cFTZ!

Again the data/results from the completion of PHASE II have not even come out yet.

FT should be tested using the most accurate assays (ED/UF), especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Even when using the newer calculated method anyone presenting with symptoms and an FT<16 ng/dL would be considered low.

In one aspect, described herein is a non-transitory computer-readable storage medium storing one or more programs for determining a need for adjustment of a dose of sex hormone, such as testosterone or estrogen, administered to an individual, the one or more programs for execution by one or more processors of a computer system, the one or more programs comprising instructions for: a) receiving data from determining the concentration of free sex hormone, such as free testosterone or free estrogen, in an individual receiving sex hormone therapy at a first dose, wherein the concentration of free sex hormone is determined by measuring i) a total SHBG concentration, ii) a total sex hormone concentration, such as total testosterone or estrogen concentration, and iii) a total albumin concentration in a biological sample obtained from an individual, to determine free sex hormone concentration from the individual; b) attributing at least two distinct interconverting microstates of an unliganded SHBG dimer having a first monomer and a second monomer by applying the New Multi-Step Dynamic Binding Model with Complex Allostery to the data of step a); c) calculating the free sex hormone concentration in the individual using the New Multi-step Dynamic Binding Model with Complex Allostery encompassing readjustment of a first equilibria between the microstates upon binding of a first sex hormone molecule to the first monomer and an allosteric interaction between two binding sites of the SHBG dimer, d) sending a signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is higher than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is below the lower end of the target therapeutic range (e.g. 164 pg/ml); and e) sending a signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is lower than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is above the upper end of the target therapeutic range (e.g. 314 pg/ml). In specification: In another embodiment, the target therapeutic range could vary with the age of the patient, co-morbid conditions, and the types of assays used for measuring total sex hormone, SHBG, and albumin. in which case sending the signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is higher than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is below the lower end of the target therapeutic range for that age, co-morbid conditions, and assay.

"Based on the new data on the distribution of free testosterone levels in healthy men the target range of free testosterone has been determined to be 164 to 314 pg/ml (mean+/−1SD)"

Example 3

In one aspect, described herein is a personalized exogenous steroid delivery dosimeter.
Time-dependent drug delivery/clearance models can be incorporated with the calculator of free T described herein (FIG. 10). T administration, redistribution, and clearance rates can be accounted for. In some embodiments, an experiment, a model, and a set of parameters are present and the model described herein can be used to obtain results. In some embodiments, a set of datasets and experiments are present, and the model described herein can be used to determine initial model parameters.

The methods and systems described herein can include the total T level. SHBG level, albumin level, SHBG polymorphisms, clearance rates, circadian rhythms, and metabolism levels. LH level, FSH level, T degradation, T diffusion/permeability coefficient, and release speed.

[0029] Fig. 10 depicts a schematic of the control of testosterone levels.
Screenshot (17972).png

[0030] Fig. 11 depicts a schematic of an exemplary system of determining free testosterone levels and/or dosages.
Screenshot (17973).png

[0031] Fig. 12 depicts a device or a computer system 1000 comprising one or more processors 1300 and a memory 1500 storing one or more programs 1600 for execution by the one or more processors 1300

Screenshot (17974).png

madman

Super Moderator
This Calculator situation makes things difficult.

EG: I believe that a good "Free Testosterone" range is: 20-30 ng/dL

One of my past results was:
Total Testosterone = 33.0 nMol/L
Albumin = 4.3 g/dL (43 g/L)
SHBG = 30 nMol/L

TruT Free Testosterone Calculator = 33.11 ng/dL
Ghent
Free Testosterone Calculator = 0.834 nMol/L or 24.05 ng/dL

The Balance my Hormones Unit Converter used to convert
nMol/L to ng/dL - LINK

So, am I above or within my chosen range?

An Equilibrium Dialysis Free Testosterone Blood Test is not available in NZ.

These calculators must have been compared with real world test data by now .... Is there no firm winner regarding which is closest to actual blood test results?

@madman

Where have you been?

Unreal.

post #36

jacb

Thanks Madman … I think?

Where have I been? … In the real world.

Whilst I do appreciate all the material you have provided, I feel there is enough study material there to become a Dr. I don’t want to be a Dr, I wish to be an informed patient able to discuss my own treatment with some understanding of the subject. I have my own complex work to fully understand.

It’s a bit like taking your car to the garage and discussing the bill when you pick it up …. If the technician has to start with, “the wheel is round”, you are not going to have a meeting of the minds. Equally well studying the flame propergation path of a hemispherical combustion chamber, might be something of an overkill.

Previously I believed that the TruT FT Calculator was the best of an imperfect set of Free Testosterone calculators that was available to us, it’s a developing science. What I wasn’t certain about was the error margin between them in % terms … it seems in my example to be huge. Maybe the lesser Free Testosterone blood tests have a smaller error margin?

If due to the lack of available Equilibrium Dialysis FT tests, I am forced to use a FT Calculator, in your opinion, which (all things being considered) is currently best to use and with what caveats?

@madman

Thanks again.

Last edited:
T

tareload

They have been and there is no winner since the fT measurements via equilibrium dialysis do not agree across labs and publications. I will spare you the details but there are plenty on this forum.

Wrap your head around the data in this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

For the time being no provider should be using/relying on the cFTZ!

Again the data/results from the completion of PHASE II have not even come out yet.

FT should be tested using the most accurate assays (ED/UF), especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Even when using the newer calculated method anyone presenting with symptoms and an FT<16 ng/dL would be considered low.

In one aspect, described herein is a non-transitory computer-readable storage medium storing one or more programs for determining a need for adjustment of a dose of sex hormone, such as testosterone or estrogen, administered to an individual, the one or more programs for execution by one or more processors of a computer system, the one or more programs comprising instructions for: a) receiving data from determining the concentration of free sex hormone, such as free testosterone or free estrogen, in an individual receiving sex hormone therapy at a first dose, wherein the concentration of free sex hormone is determined by measuring i) a total SHBG concentration, ii) a total sex hormone concentration, such as total testosterone or estrogen concentration, and iii) a total albumin concentration in a biological sample obtained from an individual, to determine free sex hormone concentration from the individual; b) attributing at least two distinct interconverting microstates of an unliganded SHBG dimer having a first monomer and a second monomer by applying the New Multi-Step Dynamic Binding Model with Complex Allostery to the data of step a); c) calculating the free sex hormone concentration in the individual using the New Multi-step Dynamic Binding Model with Complex Allostery encompassing readjustment of a first equilibria between the microstates upon binding of a first sex hormone molecule to the first monomer and an allosteric interaction between two binding sites of the SHBG dimer, d) sending a signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is higher than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is below the lower end of the target therapeutic range (e.g. 164 pg/ml); and e) sending a signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is lower than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is above the upper end of the target therapeutic range (e.g. 314 pg/ml). In specification: In another embodiment, the target therapeutic range could vary with the age of the patient, co-morbid conditions, and the types of assays used for measuring total sex hormone, SHBG, and albumin. in which case sending the signal for providing a second dose of sex hormone that is higher than the first dose when the free sex hormone concentration is below the lower end of the target therapeutic range for that age, co-morbid conditions, and assay.

"Based on the new data on the distribution of free testosterone levels in healthy men the target range of free testosterone has been determined to be 164 to 314 pg/ml (mean+/−1SD)"

Example 3

In one aspect, described herein is a personalized exogenous steroid delivery dosimeter.
Time-dependent drug delivery/clearance models can be incorporated with the calculator of free T described herein (FIG. 10). T administration, redistribution, and clearance rates can be accounted for. In some embodiments, an experiment, a model, and a set of parameters are present and the model described herein can be used to obtain results. In some embodiments, a set of datasets and experiments are present, and the model described herein can be used to determine initial model parameters.

The methods and systems described herein can include the total T level. SHBG level, albumin level, SHBG polymorphisms, clearance rates, circadian rhythms, and metabolism levels. LH level, FSH level, T degradation, T diffusion/permeability coefficient, and release speed.

[0029] Fig. 10 depicts a schematic of the control of testosterone levels.
View attachment 26152

[0030] Fig. 11 depicts a schematic of an exemplary system of determining free testosterone levels and/or dosages.
View attachment 26153

[0031] Fig. 12 depicts a device or a computer system 1000 comprising one or more processors 1300 and a memory 1500 storing one or more programs 1600 for execution by the one or more processors 1300

View attachment 26154
Good point. If provider is clued in on TruT range then in my example the poor bastard does qualify. Constant vigilance, thanks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me