TRT w/ AI - Does insurance cover it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

RSM

Hi guys,

I recently brought up my concerns about managing Estradiol levels during my TRT treatment (200 mg cypionate once per week) with my doctor.

My doctor told me that insurance would not cover AI medication (HCG, Armidex, Nolvadex) for men receiving TRT treatment. Is this correct?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

In this day and age insurance coverage varies widely. Call and discuss it with your carrier or benefits department. However, if you are posting higher estradiol levels - and dealing with symptoms associated with high E2 - you should consider adjusting your protocol. You're at the upper end of dosing at 200mg of testosterone once per week. That may well be causing an estradiol spike; 100mg every 3.5 days might well result in lower, more consistent levels across the board.

warrior1

I insisted my doc write a letter and appealed the denial. I did get the T covered, not the HCG. You just need your doc to provide you some good service, sometimes they need alittle coaxing!

chrismez

Insurance should cover your T and AI. my anthem blue cross does. I get my HCG through oversees pharm and its like $13 for a 5000iu bottle. Cheap....

my insurance did cover Anastrozole I got a handful of 1mg tabs for just 2-3 dollars IIRC. The problem with HCG as I understand it's relation to insurance, and even some Dr's willingness to prescribe it is that it's an off-label use; Men.

Someguy

My insurance only partially pays for most meds, including testosterone. They fully paid for anastrozole. Insurance is weird and it's worth checking.

If your insurance doesn't cover it check out goodrx.com for discount coupons.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me