TRT + hCG: Acne and Fatigue. Should I stop hCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheCount

I have been on TRT for 18 months. It's been a rough ride.
My current script is:
- 50 mg/twice weekly of Test. Cyp.
- NEW is hCG 25 Units/twice weekly

I had been on Anastrozole and hCG in the beginning but had horrible acne (cystic), mood swings, fatigue, joint aches, facial flushing and decrease libido. I took away the AI and soon after the hCG. For the past few months I was only on the Test. and finally felt that I had hit my sweet spot BUT was concerned about my testicular shrinkage, low sensation during sex and possible long term effects without hCG (hormone cascade/disease). I'm not taking for fertility.

Within 48 hours I had increased acne/oily skin, mood drop, facial flushing and fatigue. The only positive was increased sensitivity during intercourse. Should I stop the hCG and just stay with the Test. or try a lower dose of hCG? I read here that the minimum dose would be 25 Units to receive benefits but not sure if it was just fertility benefits. I read and watched several videos on the site but couldn't get a definitive answer.
My current labs before the hCG:
- Test 945
- Free Test 20.1
- E Sensitive 30.8

Appreciate all the knowledge and experience. Please advise and thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your numbers look good. Some member you use a very low dose of HCG, something like 100 mg twice a week. Why don't you try something like that and see if it helps your testicles.

TheCount

Your numbers look good. Some member you use a very low dose of HCG, something like 100 mg twice a week. Why don't you try something like that and see if it helps your testicles.

It was suggested to me today by Defy RN that I should try 10 units daily but daily injections does not sound appealing to me at all. I may try your suggestion, 10 units twice a week but I'm nervous about those negative side effects that crush me. At least I know that Test. on its own works for me if this doesn't work out. I just don't like the idea of the testicles just lying there dormant. Thanks Vince!

Vince

Super Moderator
There's a lot of members that only use a low dose. I think you should try it, if it doesn't work you can always stop.

ratbag

Are you sure you mean 25 units and not 250 units? Just to clarify most HCG users use somewhere between 250iu to 500iu two to 3 times per week. Using only 25iu or 10iu hardly seems like it would do anything. HCG is always expressed in IU (international units)

1Draw

Count I had similar symptoms when using HCG, never could figure out why. Have you had a complete thyroid panel done? Could be a thyroid problem. I finally had one done this year and my Reverse T3 was 28.1 and felt awful. Symptoms of both low T and Hypothyroidism are very identical. Suggest you get Defy to run at the least TSH, FT4, FT3, RT3 and antibodies. I never felt good until I got my RT3 below 15.

TheCount

Going on 2 1/2 years on TRT, still trying to find my sweet spot. About to call it quits due to acne, increased ED issues. Only reason I'm still in this is because of my physical changes (less fat/more muscle) which is a huge positive for the self esteem and overall health.

My current set-up:
T35 EOD SQ injections for the past 3 months

My current numbers:
T-518
FREE T-11.7
E-23.6
SHBG-25.7

Just started to add back hCG 125U EOD (my research suggested lower doses were just as productive as higher doses) to combat the DECREASE in size of my testicles, penis and sensitivity. First dose this morning and by the afternoon, I have increased oily skin (= increased acne) and facial flushing.

AI never helped me so I'm looking for advice on where to go next or just stop. Should I try another doctor? Supplement with DIM?

Greatly appreciate the wisdom of this site and apologies if I didn't come across a thread that answered these questions.

TheCount

Count I had similar symptoms when using HCG, never could figure out why. Have you had a complete thyroid panel done? Could be a thyroid problem. I finally had one done this year and my Reverse T3 was 28.1 and felt awful. Symptoms of both low T and Hypothyroidism are very identical. Suggest you get Defy to run at the least TSH, FT4, FT3, RT3 and antibodies. I never felt good until I got my RT3 below 15.

Before starting TRT, I had a thyroid panel ran and all was well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me