Testosterone, weight loss, and other questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jpin22

Hey everyone, new to the forum.

Late 20s male, 3 weeks into trt with Defy and Dr Saya. On a 160mg a week twice a week and Hcg 350 mg 2x a week.

So far haven't really noticed anything but wasn't really expecting to.

A couple years ago started feeling awful and have had a host of symptoms. I went from a very good shape work out 5 day a week 185 pounds to around 205 today with less muscle and a lot more fat and rarely working out. My levels have been below normal for 2-3 years. My hope is that the weight gain is based solely on low test and not due to some underlying issue. If so, anyone have any thoughts on when I can start to expect maybe some improvement in weight loss?

Ive had some symptoms of muscle twitching especially after any kind of physical activity. Has anyone experienced this? ive had neuromuscular testing done and the neurologist just called it benign fasciculation syndrome yet I correlate it with when all this started for me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jpin22

Welcome to Excelmale. As far as weight loss, have you modified your diet, increased your activity/exercise? I'm sure Dr. Saya told you that those are essential elements to address.

Yeah my diet is on point, I eat a lower carb diet with a lot of healthy fats and moderate protein. I honestly haven't exercised because I simply feel really weak and don't have the energy. I don't get any kind of pump when working out like I used to. I'm hoping it's just a low testosterone thing

ERO

It takes 4-6 weeks to get stable on a new TRT protocol. If you don't feel anything by then, get your SHBG checked, guys with low SHBG (like me) often don't feel much from TRT. Google "TRT low SHBG" (no quotes)

Vince

Super Moderator
Jpin, I started feeling better immediately, clear mind and very strong libido. The nice thing is, it stayed that way, but I also got sick from my body adjusting to the testosterone. I had flu-like symptoms for about a week.
I do know we're all different and starting testosterone will affect us differently.

Last edited:

Jpin22

Any other thoughts on this?

Im trying to figure out if I can attribute my weight gain of 20+ pounds from my norm (weight fluctuated from 180-190 from age 18-26 with considerably more muscle then I have currently) to solely low T and if so, how long itll take to start to feel and look like my former self. Im quite uncomfortable right now at around 205 at age 28.

Essentially im carrying a lot more weight around my trunk (abdomen, back, and chest) and my extremities have thinned out... My hope is this is just having 2+ years of low testosterone (Total T ranged from 100-340, with probably 8 or so blood draws during this period).

ERO

As stated, it takes 4-6 weeks for most guys to start to notice anything. Some guys feel it right away, but for many, it takes awhile. You are working with one of the top TRT doctors in the country so relax and give it some time.

Jpin22 - give it at least 6 weeks for stabilization and if you feel you are not heading in the right direction at that point, we should draw follow-up labs and have a consult to make any necessary adjustments. TRT is more a marathon than a sprint and making appropriate adjustments is what separates success from failure.

Jpin22

As stated, it takes 4-6 weeks for most guys to start to notice anything. Some guys feel it right away, but for many, it takes awhile. You are working with one of the top TRT doctors in the country so relax and give it some time.
I know its going to take awhile to figure out just wanted to see if there were any others out there like me who experienced a good amount of weight gain and TRT ended up being the solution and how long it took to feel like themselves again. Going from a very active 25 year old in great shape to an overweight 28 year old with limited energy levels made me develop a tremendous amount of patience.

Ive had a wide array of symptoms that don't necessarily fit the low T profile; fasciculations all over, SIBO (very uncomfortable gastrointestinal disorder caused by an imbalance of bacteria in the gut), Tinea versicolor all over skin. All occurred during the same period of time so trying to connect the dots, if there are any connections to made, has been fun to say the least.

Jpin22

Jpin22 - give it at least 6 weeks for stabilization and if you feel you are not heading in the right direction at that point, we should draw follow-up labs and have a consult to make any necessary adjustments. TRT is more a marathon than a sprint and making appropriate adjustments is what separates success from failure.
Hi Dr. Saya, I understand 4 weeks is way too soon to expect results, didn't mean for that to be a focal point of the thread. Just wanted to introduce myself, my current protocol, and see if people who had already been through something similar had any insight.

Im thrilled with the level of care you and your staff have provided so far. Thanks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me