Taking Testosterone with High Lipids level

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jayyy

I would not start at 200 mg/week as it is a large dose and many would never need such.

Always best to start low and go slow as you have no idea how your body will react and you may very well easily achieve great TT/FT levels using a much lower dose.

Most men achieve good TT/FT levels using 100-150 mg/week.....some even less and others more but 200 mg/week is not needed in most cases.
I agree with you that we have to start low but i thought 200 was low bcas i have seen people taking 500mg. Anyways, my idea was to reduce it gradually to 100mg once test levels become optimal in my body. I was thinking other way.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks Cataceous. So, after TRT, Your LDL remained almost same as before but triglycerides doubled and HDL reduced to half. Thats scary considering my lipids levels are already high.
Yes, and this is without any crazy testosterone numbers. Total testosterone averages 750-800 ng/dL and SHBG is around 30 nMol/L. SHBG did fall to 10 during that low estradiol period.

Jayyy

Yes, and this is without any crazy testosterone numbers. Total testosterone averages 750-800 ng/dL and SHBG is around 30 nMol/L. SHBG did fall to 10 during that low estradiol period.
Looks like i have to monitor my lipids levels every month to ensure it not severely affected. Do you think its a good idea to reduce the cholestrol level by taking statins or fenofibrates. I used to take fenofibrate but stopped it as i wasnt sure how long to take it.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Looks like i have to monitor my lipids levels every month to ensure it not severely affected. Do you think its a good idea to reduce the cholestrol level by taking statins or fenofibrates. I used to take fenofibrate but stopped it as i wasnt sure how long to take it.
I don't know enough about these treatments to have a useful opinion, but if I were considered to be at high risk then I probably could be persuaded to take a statin. Seems like outcomes with the fibrates are more questionable.

Jayyy

Even if you just watch the first 5 mins of the video it will open your eyes in reference to statins.

I knew about all these things and have done enough research. My question is should i just ignore even if my LDL and Triglycerides increases when i am on TRT or should i do something to decreases it. I know cholestrol not affect heart health and its inflammation in the arteries that actually causes blockage due to cholestrol bandaging it and stuff like that but my question is should i just start TRT and forget about LDL, Triglycerides and HDL bcas in my case, i already have high LDL and Triglycerides even before i start TRT, So wondering what will happen if i start TRT. Btw, I know there is a controversy about LDL but atleast everyone agrees that triglycerides is danger right?

Last edited:

Gman86

Yes Free T3, T4 and Thyroid Peroxidase are all normal. As per blood report, My only problem is high LDL and triglycerides.

How high? LDL isn’t the end of the world if it’s a little high. There’s two different types of LDL. One is much more beneficial than the other. The LDL test doesn’t specify between the two. How high are your triglycerides?

Paul M

LDL that is classed as 'a little high' nowadays would have been in the healthy range prior to pharmaceutical companies lowering the figures to get more people on statins and more sales.

Vtail

Yes Free T3, T4 and Thyroid Peroxidase are all normal. As per blood report, My only problem is high LDL and triglycerides.

There is quite a difference between normal and optimized thyroid levels. My thyroid numbers were all "normal" for the 10 years I was taking Lipitor. When I found a doc that really understood the Thyroid and started me on T3, my cholesterol numbers all came back to within the lab ranges.

Gman86

There is quite a difference between normal and optimized thyroid levels. My thyroid numbers were all "normal" for the 10 years I was taking Lipitor. When I found a doc that really understood the Thyroid and started me on T3, my cholesterol numbers all came back to within the lab ranges.

What was your T3 dose at the time, and did you feel subjectively any better?

Vtail

What was your T3 dose at the time, and did you feel subjectively any better?

I posted all my numbers here: HCG and/or Pregnenolone Effect on Cholesterol

Subjectively it cleared my brain fog and improved my mental energy. Sleep remains a problem in spite of trying everything mentioned on this board.

I recently switched from Extended Release T3 to cytomel because I wanted the ability to better control my dosing. After a number of months on the extended release I felt that I was starting to fade in the latter part of the day. So now I split the cytomel throughout the day, and so far so good. No blood tests yet on this protocol.

The doc also added synthroid, only because the lab value was so low. Subjectively I don't feel anything from the synthroid.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me