SubQ experience?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Coltsblue1844

Yes. It can be a little slow, so I use a simple autoloader. For oil-based injections much over 0.1 mL it might make sense to go with larger needles. Water-based drugs such as hCG are fine in the small needles.
Thanks for the quick reply...I plan to order my pins today and start TRT when they arrive, but want to make sure I get the right thing!

madman

Super Moderator
I dont drink smoothies...or coffee! Lol what would you reccomend for daily subQ?

27-29 gauge would be the most common regardless of whether one injects daily, EOD, M/W./F, twice weekly (every 3.5 days), or once weekly!

Sure you can use a 30-31 gauge.....oily solution may take a little longer to draw/inject.

Doubt there would be a big difference in pain/tissue damage when using 27-29 vs 31.

When using insulin syringes (fixed needles) they are meant to be used for drawing/injecting.

madman

Super Moderator

Coltsblue1844

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Doubt there would be a big difference in pain/tissue damage when using 27-29 vs 31.
Not sure how much difference it would be subjectively, but if you run the numbers you find that the 27-gauge needle makes a hole that is 2.5 times greater in area than that of a 31-gauge needle. The hole from a 29-gauge needle has 70% more area.

madman

Super Moderator
Not sure how much difference it would be subjectively, but if you run the numbers you find that the 27-gauge needle makes a hole that is 2.5 times greater in area than that of a 31-gauge needle. The hole from a 29-gauge needle has 70% more area.

"Doubt there would be a big difference in pain/tissue damage when using 27-29 vs 31"

Coltsblue1844

I ordered a box of 29g 1/2" and also a box of 30g 5/16". Will see which i prefer and go from there! I've been putting off therapy for a few years, so this is a big step for me lol

In all honesty, with a total T of 315 and Free T of 62 at 39 years old... my Vitamin D was at 30 and my B12 was in the 260s... i am 6'4" - 6'5" and mid 250s... say i double my D3 to 60, get my B12 over 400 and cut my bodyweight down to 220... how much higher than my current #s would you think i could reach, without TRT?

6 months ago i was at 252 Total T and 47 Free T at 280lbs and D3 was at 23, B12 was 212...so i did make a good bump in 6 months time, without being super strict with diet and exercise... just curious at my age if you think it is worth it to keep trying (more seriously) to bump it up on my own?

fifty

31g is a little extreme. Do you also drink smoothies through a coffee stirrer? :)
I would use 27. I felt 28 was small and more troublesome to draw/inject. If you’re injecting daily you will find out what works best for you within a year. Try them all over time if you like.

pmgamer18

Hi All,

I have bee n on TRT over 35 yrs. I tried shots of test C everyday for 6 months felt up and down from week to week. At the time my Dr. tried this he did labs once a month. And they were all over the place up then down. My Dr. said this is no good the half life is stacking up on me.

So today I do 80 mgs shots of test C E3D subQ into my belly fat using a 27g X 1/2" lg. needle E3D the day before my T shot.
pmgamer18

madman

Super Moderator
Video gallery
Screenshot (647).png

BJE

I’ve been doing sub q almost from the beginning seven years ago. I did IM a few times and the injection was painful and my muscle hurt for days. I do my sub q injections into my butt fat and I’ve never had any problems with it.

Jon H

I tried SubQ a few times, and it simply didn't work for me. Huge red lumps that took several days to go away, and I simply didn't feel good with that method. IM was 100x better for me. This is another example of an aspect of TRT that works great for some, and is terrible for others. I've learned over the years, especially with the great information on this forum, to look at the advice/input from everyone so you can make an informed decision. If what you're doing doesn't work, try something else that seems to work for others But, at the end of the day stick with what works best for you.

madman

Super Moderator
I tried SubQ a few times, and it simply didn't work for me. Huge red lumps that took several days to go away, and I simply didn't feel good with that method. IM was 100x better for me. This is another example of an aspect of TRT that works great for some, and is terrible for others. I've learned over the years, especially with the great information on this forum, to look at the advice/input from everyone so you can make an informed decision. If what you're doing doesn't work, try something else that seems to work for others But, at the end of the day stick with what works best for you.

Well said!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching