Started TRT 4 weeks ago - horrible gas

Buy Lab Tests Online

jessie02

Hey guys, Started on TRT 4 weeks ago. My rx is .7 ml per week. The first two weeks I took that as a single dose on Monday's. I have since split into two injections per week, .35ml on Monday's and Thursday's. This week marks the start of my 4th week. I'm not using an AI yet as I wanted to do labs after 4 weeks and see what my E2 is...even though my doc did give me Arimidex wanted to make sure I really need it first.

Anyways... I've been crazy gassy so not sure if it's a result of the testosterone or potentially elevated E2. My E2 was 24 when I started 4 weeks ago. Any input would be appreciated so thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Seriously I don't think it has anything to do with your testosterone levels or your estrogen levels. I bet something else is causing it, if you're married you can blame it on your wife's cooking. :)

Systemlord

Your hormones are fluctuating and your body is adjusting to testosterone, give it more time and before you know it you'll start feeling normal again. I had horrible gas and indigestion when I had low testosterone and it took awhile to work itself out.

M

MarkM

I'm not aware of testosterone or estradiol creating excess gas. Did you start taking any other supplement? Your smart not to start taking the arimidex until you need it. Don't just take it because of a number from the lab results, go by the symptoms. Also, make sure you get the right estradiol test, the Estradiol Sensitive test (LC/MS/MS assay).

M

MarkM

Your hormones are fluctuating and your body is adjusting to testosterone, give it more time and before you know it you'll start feeling normal again. I had horrible gas and indigestion when I had low testosterone and it took awhile to work itself out.

Well I just learned something......again..........

jessie02

Thanks guys for all the replies so far! I started taking a new probiotic but that was about 6 weeks ago.... Ill start by stopping that and see if anything changes...

madman

Super Moderator
Hey guys, Started on TRT 4 weeks ago. My rx is .7 ml per week. The first two weeks I took that as a single dose on Monday's. I have since split into two injections per week, .35ml on Monday's and Thursday's. This week marks the start of my 4th week. I'm not using an AI yet as I wanted to do labs after 4 weeks and see what my E2 is...even though my doc did give me Arimidex wanted to make sure I really need it first.

Anyways... I've been crazy gassy so not sure if it's a result of the testosterone or potentially elevated E2. My E2 was 24 when I started 4 weeks ago. Any input would be appreciated so thanks in advance.

Definitely a smart move holding off on the use of an aromatase inhibitor as one should only be implemented if ones estradiol is high (sensitive assay) along with experiencing high e2 symptoms.

As you may know too low/high e2 can cause negative issues and e2 is needed in healthy amounts in men as it has beneficial effects regarding (mood/libido/erectile function/immune system/bone health.

Have blood work done once testosterone levels have stabilized (6 weeks) than you will see how the dose of testosterone you are injecting weekly affects your TT, FT and e2 levels.

What is your SHBG as it will dictate ones dose/injection frequency and is critical to the effectiveness of your protocol.

Being gassy has absolutely no relation to testosterone.....if you were experiencing water retention/bloating than it would be related to high e2.

jessie02

If I were to have an issue with high E2 while not on an AI of course...which I don't think I do based on the way I feel..... how long could it take before any side effects of high E2 become permanent?

Dave B.

Thanks guys for all the replies so far! I started taking a new probiotic but that was about 6 weeks ago.... Ill start by stopping that and see if anything changes...

Bingo.

You're introducing who-knows-what into your gut microbiome with those probiotics. Gas is basically the output of all those microbes going to war with each other.

An acquaintance of mine runs a gut microbiome lab at a university. He told me straight out that he doesn't recommend probiotics of any kind. As a scientist, he says there is not enough data to know which strains of what are beneficial vs. harmful, not to mention that the products you buy in the store are not regulated and could contain many unknowns. What he did say is that the most beneficial thing you can do to help your gut flora is to eat fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me