Shortness of breath, relation to high e2?

Buy Lab Tests Online

PushrodV8

I got my recent blood work after I went to daily injections, 20mg a day/140mg week

Before my injection blood work showed 906 total, 27 free and 62 E2. Hematocrit was 46. I recently did a double rbc donate as I'm type o neg and they asked me too. I hydrate and take baby aspirin daily

I haven't had any adverse symptoms except a faster resting heart rate up until recently.

Now I'm starting to notice slight shortness of breath nothing crazy but noticeable when say walking up stairs at a moderate pace. Granted I'm at work as a mechanic so I'm go go go. Its nothing like lean over and omg I cant breathe but more like a I need to take a deep breath

I've changed my diet considerably, been lifting and I'm still hovering around 267lbs and 6'3. I know the weight is an issue and im sure the estrogen isn't helping things

Can high e2 cause what feels like shortness of breath? I plan on going to the doctor or a walk in clinic but I was going to call defy and ask them their thoughts

Granted this is week 4 of a new protocol change, I just wanted to ask before I let my anxiety run wild.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mooseman109

High e2 created chest tightness and shortness of breath in me. Ome of the things high estrogen can do in men is create anxiety whxih can manifest in chest tightness shortness of breath. Just my 2 cents

PushrodV8

I have noticed I'm super anxious which isn't usually the case. I'm hoping my e2 is just high from the switch from 180mg(mwf) week to 140mg/20mg daily and since it's still a relatively new protocol I was going to let it run another couple weeks and retest.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking some dire health concern. I've had ekgs, stress tests before so I'm comfortable on that front

Vince

Super Moderator
Estrogen levels of 62 shouldn't be high enough to cause issues like shortness of breath, I would say something else is causing it.

mooseman109

Estrogen levels of 62 shouldn't be high enough to cause issues like shortness of breath, I would say something else is causing it.[/QUOTE

Vince my E2 went from 15 to 32and it created shortness of breath amd chest tightness in me. That, coupled with family history, sent me to get echo stress test done.

if high e2 gives you symptoms then you maybe one of the fellas who don't tolerate high e2 levels... in this case just start that goddamn anastrozole hopefully low dose to not risk crashing your estradiol levels (might be much worse then your current high e2 symptoms:D)

M

MarkM

I think it might be low iron and ferritin. When you donate blood it lowers your iron and ferritin levels. You did a "Double Red" which removed twice the red blood cells. It is the red blood cells that carry the oxygen in your blood. About 70% of your iron is carried in your red blood cells too. If your iron gets real low it can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, and chest pain.

Many people on TRT have low iron and low ferritin in part due to donating too much blood. Donating blood becomes a viscous circle. Donate low, lower iron and ferritin which effects us in many ways and can impact our thyroid function. Then we supplement iron which can increase our hemoglobin and hematocrit by making our iron thicker. So we donate blood again and start the cycle all over again. It's best not to donate blood more than three times a year and stay away from the "Double Red" donations.

PushrodV8

if high e2 gives you symptoms then you maybe one of the fellas who don't tolerate high e2 levels... in this case just start that goddamn anastrozole hopefully low dose to not risk crashing your estradiol levels (might be much worse then your current high e2 symptoms:D)
I have .125mg I was debating 2 times a week but during a protocol change I wanted to avoid it if at all possible

I think it might be low iron and ferritin. When you donate blood it lowers your iron and ferritin levels. You did a "Double Red" which removed twice the red blood cells. It is the red blood cells that carry the oxygen in your blood. About 70% of your iron is carried in your red blood cells too. If your iron gets real low it can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, and chest pain.

Many people on TRT have low iron and low ferritin in part due to donating too much blood. Donating blood becomes a viscous circle. Donate low, lower iron and ferritin which effects us in many ways and can impact our thyroid function. Then we supplement iron which can increase our hemoglobin and hematocrit by making our iron thicker. So we donate blood again and start the cycle all over again. It's best not to donate blood more than three times a year and stay away from the "Double Red" donations.

Thanks mark, yeah I don't want to get in that feedback loop of supplement/donate because my hematocrit is too high. Is it safe to let it ride and just stick to single donations? Or should I add in some iron rich food in the interim

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Possible causes of feeling out of breath:
  1. Water retention/high blood pressure
  2. Heart issues (get a cardiovascular work up)
  3. Allergies
  4. High altitude

Last edited:

PushrodV8

This is not caused by estradiol at all.
Possible causes:
  1. Water retention/high blood pressure
  2. Heart issues (get a cardiovascular work up)
  3. Allergies
  4. High altitude

Thanks Nelson!

1. My BP was 138/91 yesterday, I probably am holding a decent amount of water because of the 63 E2.

2. I plan on going to the doctor as a prelim, but I have done an ekg/stress test before and all was well.

As for 3 and 4, I have no known allergies and I live in Florida, so that rules out high altitude.

M

MarkM

I have .125mg I was debating 2 times a week but during a protocol change I wanted to avoid it if at all possible

Thanks mark, yeah I don't want to get in that feedback loop of supplement/donate because my hematocrit is too high. Is it safe to let it ride and just stick to single donations? Or should I add in some iron rich food in the interim

You can find a tremendous amount of iron rich food and be careful with the donations. Even a normal "single" donations should be kept to 3 times a year.

PushrodV8

You can find a tremendous amount of iron rich food and be careful with the donations. Even a normal "single" donations should be kept to 3 times a year.

ok, I called defy and was told emergency room or mini consult. Their response was surprising....I'll just try the iron rich food. From what i'm reading it seems like it might take awhile to build itself back up.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If you are holding water, try to do these in the meanwhile (one or more may apply):

1. Lower your dose
  2. Sweat (cardio workouts etc)
  3. Decrease sugar and salt intake
  4. Avoid creatine supplements
  5. Drinks lots of water to dilute the sodium retention that causes water retention induced by TRT
  6. Take a diuretic for a day or two.

M

MarkM

ok, I called defy and was told emergency room or mini consult. Their response was surprising....I'll just try the iron rich food. From what i'm reading it seems like it might take awhile to build itself back up.
Building up iron and ferritin does seem to be a slow process. I am supplementing right now and have stopped donating for a while. Once I get my levels back up I may donate because it’s a good thing to do but I’d like to get my hemoglobin and hematocrit to stabilize first.

PushrodV8

If you are holding water, try to do these in the meanwhile (one or more may apply):

1. Lower your dose
  2. Sweat (cardio workouts etc)
  3. Decrease sugar and salt intake
  4. Avoid creatine supplements
  5. Drinks lots of water to dilute the sodium retention that causes water retention induced by TRT
  6. Take a diuretic for a day or two.

Thanks Nelson. I will give those a shot.

I definitely think I am experiencing high E2 symptoms, facial flushing, sweating easier.

I think I may drop down my dose from 20mg/day to 15/mg day. Reading the syringe will be a PITA at .07 lol

Would taking an AI a few times and then stopping be ill advised? Should I ride out the change on the lower dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me