Running out of T early

Buy Lab Tests Online

tezip

Hello All,
I am currently injecting .5cc weekly. I use easy touch 27g 1cc 1/2” syringes. I get a 10ml vial Perrigo brand. This vial should 6 months? Correct? I have maybe 1 dose left with 3 needed til next appt. I ran into this with my last vial so for my current one I kept my dose at .4-.45 with an occasional .5 to “stretch” til the 6m mark. But I’m still short. I know there is some waste with each injection but didn’t believe it would be that much. Does anyone else run into this? Any suggestions for a brand that overfills to compensate for this? It’s either underfilled or my easytouch needles aren’t marked correctly.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hello All,
I am currently injecting .5cc weekly. I use easy touch 27g 1cc 1/2” syringes. I get a 10ml vial Perrigo brand. This vial should 6 months? Correct? I have maybe 1 dose left with 3 needed til next appt. I ran into this with my last vial so for my current one I kept my dose at .4-.45 with an occasional .5 to “stretch” til the 6m mark. But I’m still short. I know there is some waste with each injection but didn’t believe it would be that much. Does anyone else run into this? Any suggestions for a brand that overfills to compensate for this? It’s either underfilled or my easytouch needles aren’t marked correctly.

You need to keep in mind that you are injecting .5 ml every 7 days (2 ml every 28 days) so a 10 ml vial would last 140 days which would be roughly 4.5 months

There are more than 28 days in a month (30 or 31 days).

Big pharma also slightly overfills the vials.

There should be a minimal waste when using a fixed insulin syringe (low dead space).

Get your doctor to prescribe you extra Test as a buffer. My doc prescribes me an extra 50% on top of what I'm taking as a buffer for traveling, so I don't have to refill as often, in case something goes wrong, etc...

The sensible ones!

Exactly.

Alternatively, if your doc is not one of the sensible ones, one option is to take less than they initially prescribe and ask for more when your levels come back below optimal. Keep doing that until you get a prescription that includes a dose that makes you feel great/optimal + a good buffer so you never run out or have to refill your script every 10 weeks (unless you don't care about that. For me, I travel a lot and have to come back to the US to refill (pharmacy won't ship international), so the difference between having to refill every 10 weeks or every 6 months is significant).

madman

Super Moderator
Exactly.

Alternatively, if your doc is not one of the sensible ones, one option is to take less than they initially prescribe and ask for more when your levels come back below optimal. Keep doing that until you get a prescription that includes a dose that makes you feel great/optimal + a good buffer so you never run out or have to refill your script every 10 weeks (unless you don't care about that. For me, I travel a lot and have to come back to the US to refill (pharmacy won't ship international), so the difference between having to refill every 10 weeks or every 6 months is significant).

This is a piss poor way to go about it.

madman

Super Moderator

That is all we need is people coming on the forum thinking that it is ok to make their doctor think they are taking the dose which was prescribed by blatantly taking less than turning around once blood work is done and the labs show where supposed said dose has their TT/FT/e2 let alone hemoglobin/hematocrit levels and then go on to tell him they do not feel great on such dose meanwhile they may very well have achieved healthy FT levels.

You do understand that some men are started on the high-end dose for trt of 200 mg/week.

Most men can easily achieve a healthy FT level on much less!

That is all we need is people coming on the forum thinking that it is ok to make their doctor think they are taking the dose which was prescribed by blatantly taking less than turning around once blood work is done and the labs show where supposed said dose has their TT/FT/e2 let alone hemoglobin/hematocrit levels and then go on to tell him they do not feel great on such dose meanwhile they may very well have achieved healthy FT levels.

You do understand that some men are started on the high-end dose for trt of 200 mg/week.

Most men can easily achieve a healthy FT level on much less!

You completely missed what I was saying. I'm saying don't take more than what you need to be optimal, just get a buffer so you're never in a situation where you run out of T. You're putting words in my mouth.

madman

Super Moderator
You completely missed what I was saying. I'm saying don't take more than what you need to be optimal, just get a buffer so you're never in a situation where you run out of T. You're putting words in my mouth.

You clearly stated.....one option is to take less than they initially prescribe and ask for more when your levels come back below optimal

madman

Super Moderator
Again you do understand that many can hit really high FT levels and that is at trough using much less than 200 mg/week commonly prescribed by many of those T-mills!

I could hit a trough TT 1200 ng/dl and very high FT injecting 150mg/week (75mg every 3.5 days).

You clearly stated.....one option is to take less than they initially prescribe and ask for more when your levels come back below optimal

Do you not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying take less so you get a buffer, then take what you need to be optimal and keep the buffer. That's it.

Again you do understand that many can hit really high FT levels and that is at trough using much less than 200 mg/week commonly prescribed by many of those T-mills!

I could hit a trough TT 1200 ng/dl and very high FT injecting 150mg/week (75mg every 3.5 days).

I never mentioned anything about 200mg/week or any numbers, not sure where you're coming from with those numbers.

Not everyone's doctor is gonna prescribe them 200mg/week, or even 150mg/week. Good for you if your doc will, some don't have that luxury and can't afford private docs/clinics.

For those guys it makes sense to do what I said, then (once again) take whatever they need to be optimal and keep the rest as a buffer.

madman

Super Moderator
What do they do in a situation where they have been prescribed the lower dose and are still hitting a very high TT/FT level.....low SHBG?

madman

Super Moderator
Do you not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying take less so you get a buffer, then take what you need to be optimal and keep the buffer. That's it.

I see where you are coming from but I am trying to make the point that many can hit very high TT/FT levels on the lower doses.

Believe it or not, we have some that can hit high levels using <100mg/week.

bluerage

If you try to manipulate the results by underdosing how will you know your real numbers once you start increasing your dose until you "feel good"?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me