Restart without meds?

Buy Lab Tests Online

shilda

Would it be harmful to stop TRT after 1year, and see if my body will restart on its own? Has anyone tried this, or is it only possible with meds?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Why do you want to do this? After a year, your system has been totally shut down - no natural production of testosterone. A restart, even under a doctor's care, is not a given. To think your body will naturally begin producing testosterone on its own is, well, fanciful.

Vince

Super Moderator
Would it be harmful to stop TRT after 1year, and see if my body will restart on its own? Has anyone tried this, or is it only possible with meds?

What was your levels before TRT, I also believe age will play a role. I do think you can restart on your own, the only way you will know for sure is by trying.

HoustonTX

Why do you want to do this? After a year, your system has been totally shut down - no natural production of testosterone. A restart, even under a doctor's care, is not a given. To think your body will naturally begin producing testosterone on its own is, well, fanciful.

I disagree. I have spoken with 2 docs that say that a restart is always possible and the likelihood that you will not be able to restart is closer to fanciful. I have restarted myself. It was miserable though, and I don't recommend. There is a national TRT clinic out there that has a specific program for it. It's mostly for body builders who don't have low T naturally. Some T clinics recommend a restart at a point.

shilda

So it wouldn't hurt to try, and if not successful, do it under a doctors care with meds? My starting level was 400, not too low, but low enough to cause me to try TRT.

HoustonTX

Why do you want to attempt a restart? If you do, I wouldn't do it without meds, hcg and chlomid are needed for a restart. Dr. scallys protocol has been proven effective. Doing it under medical supervision is always preferable. I know that IMT has a specific program for it, but it's not cheap. Even they recommend that you take semorelin while restarting just to lessen how miserable you will feel

shilda

Too many side effects: insomnia, anxiety, hematocrit, BPH, etc. It's too much to handle. I felt better with Test at 400 begfore TRT.

CoastWatcher

Would you let us know the protocol you were following that resulted in the problems you mentioned? Were you working with a physician who understood TRT best practices, and treated you as a partner in the battle?

shilda

My Dr. is a NP who specializes in TRT, and I think he is good. Prescribed Test Cyp, HCG, and Anastrazol. I had started at 200mg a week, and felt great, but my TT was over 1500. I am now at 120mg a week, TT is 1060, and E2 was 43. I did not feel good, and my Dr. adjusted my AI .5mg-.75mg to dial me in. It has been several months now, and it is still bad. I want it to work, but not sure what else can be done.

CoastWatcher

My Dr. is a NP who specializes in TRT, and I think he is good. Prescribed Test Cyp, HCG, and Anastrazol. I had started at 200mg a week, and felt great, but my TT was over 1500. I am now at 120mg a week, TT is 1060, and E2 was 43. I did not feel good, and my Dr. adjusted my AI .5mg-.75mg to dial me in. It has been several months now, and it is still bad. I want it to work, but not sure what else can be done.

You could split your dose, 60mg every 3.5 days. Many of the top doctors in the field, and lots of members here, believe smaller doses, more frequently, produce better results. Consider it.

Vitamin_C

I would also disagree with this as the body is pretty good at returning to homeostasis. I quit cold Turkey after 5 weeks and was back to baseline within weeks, I know a guy who documented coming off cold turkey after almost 2 years on TRT bydoing posture exercises in the gym and went from 0 to 200 very quickly then from 200 to 675 TT within a few months. You will most likely go back to your baseline but help your body out by lifting weights, getting enough macros, sleep, avoiding toxins etc.

Helboi

I would also disagree with this as the body is pretty good at returning to homeostasis. I quit cold Turkey after 5 weeks and was back to baseline within weeks, I know a guy who documented coming off cold turkey after almost 2 years on TRT bydoing posture exercises in the gym and went from 0 to 200 very quickly then from 200 to 675 TT within a few months. You will most likely go back to your baseline but help your body out by lifting weights, getting enough macros, sleep, avoiding toxins etc.

If you're on TRT, your baseline is terrible to begin with, which is why you're on TRT...so why would you want to go back there? Mine was 61...would never want to be anywhere near that number again.

Vitamin_C

If you're on TRT, your baseline is terrible to begin with, which is why you're on TRT...so why would you want to go back there? Mine was 61...would never want to be anywhere near that number again.

Depends on your baseline. Mine was high 400's to low 500's which isn't ideal but its also not terrible. If I had to come off TRT or decide to in the future, I am ok with returning back to baseline. A baseline of 61 represents some serious endocrine dysfunction, are you primary are secondary?

Helboi

A baseline of 61 represents some serious endocrine dysfunction, are you primary are secondary?

Secondary. Not sure the exact reasons, but I was on opiate therapy for chronic pain for 6-7 years (no longer), so surely that's part of it. Also had a head injury as a child and I've always wondered what it might have contributed to my mood disorder issues (and now to hypogonadism).

Vitamin_C

Opiates will do it, I know another guy who had really low T levels because of opiate usage for chronic back pain. I believe that with the right combination of lifestyle change, diet and nutrition you can get those numbers up. I went from 199 to 519 by diet/life style changes, it is entirely possible.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me