Quitting tobacco

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lancealot

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of trying to quit using tobacco. (Snuff). I've used copenhagen snuff for about 25yrs. I have cut back to 2 chews a day which is good for me. Nicotine is a powerful substance! Just curious if anyone on here has tried to quit nicotine and had any luck with the array of things available to help? (patches, gum, etc) This is a tough habit to kick for me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jay

I dipped Kodiak for 15 years and was able to quit (final time - going on 10 year now) by joining a support group. Sounds silly but it worked great for me

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I quit chewing back in 2007. I used the Nicorette gum for a few weeks and that was that. Got to say, that first week will be tough! Make it through that and you can beat it!!

eddydb

I dipped Skoal Straight for 25 years and took my final dip on 12-31-2013.

I quit by vaping or electronic cigarettes. Started off with a high concentration of nicotine juice (dip has more nic than cigs) and quickly worked my way down to nothing. I stopped vaping july of last year. So I have been nicotine free for the last 16 months.

Vaping kept the cravings at bay and it made it easy to ween myself off nic instead of going cold turkey. It worked for me!

captq

One word ZYBAN

Stunning in how effective it was.

I have not touched anything with nicotine in it for 15 years and am sickened at the mere thought of tobacco, have not even been tempted. I took it for sixty days and literally simply forgot that tobacco even existed after 30.

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of trying to quit using tobacco. (Snuff). I've used copenhagen snuff for about 25yrs. I have cut back to 2 chews a day which is good for me. Nicotine is a powerful substance! Just curious if anyone on here has tried to quit nicotine and had any luck with the array of things available to help? (patches, gum, etc) This is a tough habit to kick for me.

Lancealot

Stunning in how effective it was.

I have not touched anything with nicotine in it for 15 years and am sickened at the mere thought of tobacco, have not even been tempted. I took it for sixty days and literally simply forgot that tobacco even existed after 30.

I have considered the vaping thing. Been using this herbal dip that replaced my morning dip. No nicotine in it. I'm ok up till lunch time then I really crave it. I have not heard of zyban but will look into it. Thanks guys its good to know some of you have kicked the habit!

eddydb

I have considered the vaping thing. Been using this herbal dip that replaced my morning dip. No nicotine in it. I'm ok up till lunch time then I really crave it. I have not heard of zyban but will look into it. Thanks guys its good to know some of you have kicked the habit!

Just don't get hooked on vaping. Having never been a smoker, I think it's easier (for a dipper) to taper down with the vape, and then give it all up. Smokers will have a tougher time give up the vape.

chrismez

Having a dip of Copenhagen as I type this post. It is the worst shit ever for you. The nicotine blast jacks up your BP instantly but it is insanely hard to quit. For me its a routine thing, that's the hardest part. I did get Chantix from my Dr but it made me very nauseous. My give it a try again. I believe nicotine is out of your system in a few days but the cravings and habit is what messes u up. Sweedish snus is another option. The tobacco is pasteurized(steamed) not cured like American snuff. 98% less carcinogens and there has been no reports of oral caner from it...

Lancealot

Having a dip of Copenhagen as I type this post. It is the worst shit ever for you. The nicotine blast jacks up your BP instantly but it is insanely hard to quit. For me its a routine thing, that's the hardest part. I did get Chantix from my Dr but it made me very nauseous. My give it a try again. I believe nicotine is out of your system in a few days but the cravings and habit is what messes u up. Sweedish snus is another option. The tobacco is pasteurized(steamed) not cured like American snuff. 98% less carcinogens and there has been no reports of oral caner from it...

A fellow Copenhagen man! Yes it is very hard to quit for me. I've tried to move it around my lip to different areas but always settles where it always has. My gums are getting wore down after 25yrs of cope. I have cut back to about 2.5 cans a week from 5 so im making some progress. Slow and hard battle. I tried snus couple years ago and didn't get much out of it.

Lancealot

i quit about 2.5 years ago after nearly 2 decades of chewing. I used some nasty fake herbal snuff called Smokey Mountain.

This is the stuff im using to replace my morning dip. You are right, it is nasty. But it gets me through the morning till my regular dip of Copenhagen at lunch.

canatct

I actually have Copenhagen in right now! 51 years old. Dipped/chewed over 20 years, then quit for 12 yrs and started back. And married to a dental hygienist to boot! Nicotine is very powerful and addictive. Through those 12 years I wasn't dipping I was coaching football and would be around those dads with a dip in and the craving would start up. I finally gave in last winter and bought a can and now dip at least 1 can Cope/day. I know from my own experience to just stop doing it, but it is very hard.

ERO

My wife stopped a 25-year cigarette habit by vaping. Started with high nicotine and now just uses the stuff with zero nicotine in it once in awhile. I know it is not quite the same as dip, but might be worth a try.

James

I spit a can of Cope a day for 12 years. Like most, I quit a million times. I would quit, then break down and buy more, only to take a dip and dump the rest in the toilet. That stuff is crazy. I've been free 15 years already!

Lancealot

I spit a can of Cope a day for 12 years. Like most, I quit a million times. I would quit, then break down and buy more, only to take a dip and dump the rest in the toilet. That stuff is crazy. I've been free 15 years already!

Congrats man that is great to hear you quit for good! I wish I didn't enjoy it so much.

chrismez

Went back on Chantix and have been dip free for 3 1/2 week. This stuff works, BP has gone down tremendously, no more anxiety and mouth doesn't taste like crap every morning...Not craving dip at all....

Lancealot

Went back on Chantix and have been dip free for 3 1/2 week. This stuff works, BP has gone down tremendously, no more anxiety and mouth doesn't taste like crap every morning...Not craving dip at all....

Chrismez, good to hear! I'm still holding to 2 dips per day for now. One after lunch and one after dinner. Hard habit to break.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me