Question about the "range" of the results

Buy Lab Tests Online

ionicdev

Hi, over the last year I've had some issues and asked my GP to test my testosterone, I was then referred and have been retested again.

Last June 7.89 nmol/l
Last July 12.6 nmol/l
This week 9.55 nmol/l

The range says 8.64 - 29

Can someone explain to me what the range is (stupid question), because when I received the 12.6 result, the doctor said I was fine, even though I was having mild symptoms still.

Does it work as in the median is the goal i.e it should be 18.82 and I'm on the low end of the scale
Or do I have my own level at what it should be for my body and this is either normal or low for me
Or is it that everyone in this range is ok

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Or is it that everyone in this range is ok
This is false! The ranges were originally designed to give a doctor an idea what normal “might” look like for an individual. It’s a guide, not a rigid set of rules governing who gets treatment and who doesn’t.

I can provide multiple studies showing healthy normal ranges above (550/19 nmol/L) reduces risk of major cardiovascular events by 30%. A lot of experts say low normal may be a sign of hypogonadism in younger men.

Forget about median levels, the population is under assault by EDC’s and environmental toxins and the population isn’t as healthy as it once was. Sperm rates have dropped 50% since the 1970’s and testosterone levels are declining in men.

Your last result is low and if you’re consistently low, then that’s a sign you may have hypogonadism.

Last edited:

Charliebizz

This is false! The ranges were originally designed to give a doctor an idea what normal “might” look like for an individual. It’s a guide, not a rigid set of rules governing who gets treatment and who doesn’t.

I can provide multiple studies showing healthy normal ranges above (550/19 nmol/L) reduces risk of major cardiovascular events by 30%. A lot of experts say low normal is a sign of hypogonadism in younger men.

Forget about median levels, the population is under assault by EDC’s and environmental toxins and the population isn’t as healthy as it once was. Sperm rates have dropped 50% since the 1970’s and testosterone levels are declining in men.

Your last result is low and if you’re consistently low, then that’s a sign you may have hypogonadism.
Don’t forget the pool of people that are getting tested either. I would assume most people that get t levels checked have some sort of health issues or don’t feel well. Not many healthy men are going to get hormone levels checked.

Systemlord

Don’t forget the pool of people that are getting tested either. I would assume most people that get t levels checked have some sort of health issues or don’t feel well. Not many healthy men are going to get hormone levels checked.
If what you’re saying is true, Kaiser’s reference ranges are 240-716. If this is reflective of the type of care one could expect to receive, one should look somewhere else for care.

The Kaiser guidelines clearly state, both the Total and Free T must be below the normal ranges to quality for TRT! Even Kaiser’s normal ranges for SHBG is 11-78. That must include people with hypothyroidism and or low-T, metabolic syndrome, diabetes.

I’ll wager a lot of Kaiser members are walking around with untreated hypothyroidism, and low-T, and or type two diabetes combined with low-T.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching