Protocol to reduce TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

ffr3247r

I’ve been on every 3.5 days for @5 months using test cyp 200 per week.
My levels last blood test were >1500 on the LabCorp scale and E2 was 69.
Mind you I don’t really think i have encountered any sides. Is the E2 or 69 alarming at all

I’m 48 years old and live a pretty active lifestyle. Workout min 5 days a week.
I have noticed that my body comp has changed quite a bit in the year total I’ve been on TRT. I feel really good. Not lethargic and loads more energy.

Libido is up which is main reason for TRT. Lack of was causing issues at home.

Previous protocol was. .5 per week and labs at that time were t-787 and E2 was 35.
I feel as though I may have had a bit more motivation at those levels but it isn’t a huge difference.

I guess my question about TRT is that is there any reason to back off of my current dose if I’m not having any sides?

I’ve read for hours on this site and I understand there are other variables involved and I didn’t have all my labs in front of me so if you need something else I can dig it up.

Thanks To all the veterans willing to help us new guys out.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

Is there any reason you don't use your prior protocol? Are you just trying to take the highest feasible dose?

fifty

So you were on .5 per week meaning 100mg/wk?

I say you would want to use the lowest dose that still gets very good results. If it were me, I might back down from 200 to 180 then re-evaluate every 6 weeks.

ffr3247r

Yes sir. Sorry I’m not real good with the dosing units and measurements. I mean I know what I’m injecting just unsure of how to express in writing.

swoops36

Yes sir. Sorry I’m not real good with the dosing units and measurements. I mean I know what I’m injecting just unsure of how to express in writing.
If your other labs look good, CBC cholest H/H, blood pressure is good, then there’s no need to worry about your dose

Vince

Super Moderator
Mind you I don’t really think i have encountered any sides. Is the E2 or 69 alarming at all

I have noticed that my body comp has changed quite a bit in the year total I’ve been on TRT. I feel really good. Not lethargic and loads more energy.

Previous protocol was. .5 per week and labs at that time were t-787 and E2 was 35.
I feel as though I may have had a bit more motivation at those levels but it isn’t a huge difference.

I guess my question about TRT is that is there any reason to back off of my current dose if I’m not having any sides?

I’ve read for hours on this site and I understand there are other variables involved and I didn’t have all my labs in front of me so if you need something else I can dig it up.

It’s great that trt is helping you in your life. There’s really no need to have that high of testosterone level. I would just go back to your old protocol, no need to taper off. Your body will adjust on its own. My main concern with higher levels, cholesterol and higher hct.

ffr3247r

If your other labs look good, CBC cholest H/H, blood pressure is good, then there’s no need to worry about your dose

Is there any reason to try a AI to bring E levels down or is it proportionaly close for my high T levels?
My other labs look good. My BP has always been a little on the high side but no higher while on TRT.

madman

Super Moderator

Most would say treating symptoms is what truly matters not numbers.

If you feel good overall and blood markers are in a healthy range then there should be no reason to change anything.

Mind you depending on how high you are running your TT/FT levels you may very well have room to lower your dose slightly and still maintain all the benefits.

Keep in mind you made a drastic change in your protocol going from 100mg/week--->200mg/week (100 mg every 3.5 days) which is a massive dose increase let alone your previous/current TT levels are like night and day.

You went from a TT 787 ng/dL--->to an absurd 1500+ ng/dL or is it 1600/1700/1800 ng/dL?

Now if these are your true TROUGH levels on 200mg/week (100mg every 3.5 days) than it is way too high and your peak T levels would be much higher let alone it would have our T levels through the roof.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Again if these are your true trough levels than you would easily have room to lower your dose slightly as the protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) will most likely have your FT level very high.

Absolutely no need to run 1600+ ng/dL trough levels to experience the benefits of trt.

You need to post full labs and have your FT tested using the most accurate method such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Bet your RBC's/hemoglobin/hematocrit is elevated!

ffr3247r

Most would say treating symptoms is what truly matters not numbers.

If you feel good overall and blood markers are in a healthy range then there should be no reason to change anything.

Mind you depending on how high you are running your TT/FT levels you may very well have room to lower your dose slightly and still maintain all the benefits.

Keep in mind you made a drastic change in your protocol going from 100mg/week--->200mg/week (100 mg every 3.5 days) which is a massive dose increase let alone your previous/current TT levels are like night and day.

You went from a TT 787 ng/dL--->to an absurd 1500+ ng/dL or is it 1600/1700/1800 ng/dL?

Now if these are your true TROUGH levels on 200mg/week (100mg every 3.5 days) than it is way too high and your peak T levels would be much higher let alone it would have our T levels through the roof.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Again if these are your true trough levels than you would easily have room to lower your dose slightly as the protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) will most likely have your FT level very high.

Absolutely no need to run 1600+ ng/dL trough levels to experience the benefits of trt.

You need to post full labs and have your FT tested using the most accurate method such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Bet your RBC's/hemoglobin/hematocrit is elevated!

I agree 100% with you. I inject say and tues. the last labs were taken on a Thursday AM.

hematocrit is 48.4 which is unchanged from the prior labs on the smaller dose.

Hemoglobin was 16.2 up from 14.8and RBC is 6.05 Up from 5.96

soooo lower the dose and have labs done after 6 weeks?
Take a stab at where to lower to or go back to old protocol?

Thanks again appreciate the help

swoops36

Is there any reason to try a AI to bring E levels down or is it proportionaly close for my high T levels?
My other labs look good. My BP has always been a little on the high side but no higher while on TRT.
No, it looks good in proportion. In my case, TT 1400ng e2 78pg and I felt amazing. I believe that as long as TT is high then higher e2 is fine, to a point

Gman86

No, it looks good in proportion. In my case, TT 1400ng e2 78pg and I felt amazing. I believe that as long as TT is high then higher e2 is fine, to a point

U said u “felt” amazing with those numbers, like as in past tense. Did u switch up ur protocol? Do u no longer feel amazing?

swoops36

U said u “felt” amazing with those numbers, like as in past tense. Did u switch up ur protocol? Do u no longer feel amazing?
Yes, I had to change a few things: My provider thought my levels were too high. I tried to protest, but they insisted. In fairness my HCT was pretty high at 54. They told me to take 175mg weekly, which I did and changed from SQ/shallow IM to deep IM. Still felt good, not as ‘amped’, less energy, but still good. Then I lowered my dose to 140mg weekly and added 25mg Anavar. I lowered it just to see if I’d still feel good, and I actually do. I’d like to see what my HCT is at this dose, but plan to go back up to 175mg once the Var is done.

madman

Super Moderator
I agree 100% with you. I inject say and tues. the last labs were taken on a Thursday AM.

hematocrit is 48.4 which is unchanged from the prior labs on the smaller dose.

Hemoglobin was 16.2 up from 14.8and RBC is 6.05 Up from 5.96

soooo lower the dose and have labs done after 6 weeks?
Take a stab at where to lower to or go back to old protocol?

Thanks again appreciate the help

What @fifty recommended.

Trust me when I tell you tweaking your T dose (increasing/decreasing) that 10-20mg of esterified T can have a big impact on your TT/FT levels.

If I were to increase/decrease my dose 10-20mg/week then it would result in a TT 300 ng/dL difference.

100mg TC (esterified T)= 70mg active T (no ester)

20mg TC = 14mg active T (no ester)

Also keep in mind when injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) than it would be 84hrs between your injections.

If you were injecting Tuesday morning at 8 am then your second weekly injection would be Friday evening at 8 pm (84hrs between injections) and your blood work should be done Tuesday morning before your 8 am injection which would be your true TROUGH.

* post-injection testosterone levels will begin rising within 2hrs and peak will be achieved in 8-12hrs give or take.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me