My journey so far with low testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
My thoughts are that you'r eon a minimal dose, 100mg/wk, and an SHBG of 22 isn't quite what I'd call compatible with the E3.5D protocol and I think it shows in your total, you're only pushing a 563 trough. I think from here that you're going to have to consider a few things, I would go EOD with your dosing, or, you're going to have to up your shots to 60 or 70mg/ea if you're intending to stay on E3.5D.

CoastWatcher

I see no reason to adopt a protocol that gives you a total of 200mg of testosterone every week - doubling your total, weekly dose. Starting low and going slow is a mantra that pays off in the long term. It is always easier to ramp up a protocol as opposed to backing one down. I would move no higher than 120mg/week in an eod delivery protocol.

CSI007

I see no reason to adopt a protocol that gives you a total of 200mg of testosterone every week - doubling your total, weekly dose. Starting low and going slow is a mantra that pays off in the long term. It is always easier to ramp up a protocol as opposed to backing one down. I would move no higher than 120mg/week in an eod delivery protocol.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing after reading his comment but just wanted him to clarify. Do you think my peak and next day would be sufficient if I stuck with the 100mg per week? I realize it's a guess but.... :)

I know I cant really go off previous tests because I would in effect be cutting my dose in half EOD from 50mg to 25mg. So should I expect a value of around half f what it was when injecting the full 50mg?

CoastWatcher

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing after reading his comment but just wanted him to clarify. Do you think my peak and next day would be sufficient if I stuck with the 100mg per week? I realize it's a guess but.... :)

I know I cant really go off previous tests because I would in effect be cutting my dose in half EOD from 50mg to 25mg. So should I expect a value of around half f what it was when injecting the full 50mg?

I went from injecting 60mg/3.5 days to 16mg/daily. My level, on a daily protocol there is no peak or trough, it's a steady-state, went up slightly and remains at 1000. The total weekly amount I injected actually declined from 120mg weekly to 112mg weekly. So, adjusting your delivery of 100mg to an eod schedule might well do the trick. If it were me, that's what I would do. It might well keep your estradiol from spiking. But...I'm conservative in my approach to TRT (I start low and go very, very slow). Other, very capable members here would probably urge an overall increase.

CSI007

I'm with you on the go slow approach. I am waiting to speak with my Doctor but I think that this is the approach I want to take.

Any ideas on the increase in Estradiol from my 6 week test? Maybe it needed more time to adjust and ramp up in my system? The only other thing I can think of is the needle size. Pure speculation though without capturing my T levels right after a shot.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

I'm with you on the go slow approach. I am waiting to speak with my Doctor but I think that this is the approach I want to take.

Any ideas on the increase in Estradiol from my 6 week test? Maybe it needed more time to adjust and ramp up in my system? The only other thing I can think of is the needle size. Pure speculation though without capturing my T levels right after a shot.
You have room to float your estradiol. There's no way to really determine who will have to deal with estradiol issues and who doesn't. I suppose the needle could make a difference, but I've been subQ and IM, and saw no changes in my labs (though others here have).

Yeah I was thinking in a EOD protocol and given that you're already on a minimum dosage that 120-140/week, ~35mg EOD would be a good starting pointing.

CSI007

Good luck with it I hope you see a positive change!

Me too! I feel very good. My mood is good, energy level is better then it's been in years, libido comes and goes but at least I have one now! ...Just the hot flashes are annoying. Maybe I will have to deal with them but if I can resolve it through a slight change I am welcome to it.

CSI007

So, I have not done the change yet. Still waiting to hear from my Doctor. It seems like he is very busy at the moment. Tomorrow is shot day.

Quick question... Once I switch to EOD, is there a chance that some of the benefits I am already seeing will diminish (i.e. libido) I am thinking that it should only improve the situation because my T level will be more consistent with less swings but I am not sure. How about when I switch, will there be a period of decrease or do I have enough reserves built up now that the switch to the new protocol won't have any crazy swing downward in any of my levels.

Also, just looking around at stuff. I am betting that my hot flashes are directly related to my free T levels. Wondering if they are just in the tank even when I get the injection. For instance, today (day 2 after a shot) according to johndoesmiths graphs should be my highest point with both free and total T. Yet still experiencing these weird hot flashes. The only other thing that I can think of this being is elevated E2 But at what level would one experience something like this with E2 levels above the normal 35.

So, I have not done the change yet. Still waiting to hear from my Doctor. It seems like he is very busy at the moment. Tomorrow is shot day.

Quick question... Once I switch to EOD, is there a chance that some of the benefits I am already seeing will diminish (i.e. libido) I am thinking that it should only improve the situation because my T level will be more consistent with less swings but I am not sure. How about when I switch, will there be a period of decrease or do I have enough reserves built up now that the switch to the new protocol won't have any crazy swing downward in any of my levels.

Also, just looking around at stuff. I am betting that my hot flashes are directly related to my free T levels. Wondering if they are just in the tank even when I get the injection. For instance, today (day 2 after a shot) according to johndoesmiths graphs should be my highest point with both free and total T. Yet still experiencing these weird hot flashes. The only other thing that I can think of this being is elevated E2 But at what level would one experience something like this with E2 levels above the normal 35.

You're worrying too much. Going to EOD will not lower levels unless dose is lowered.

The hot flashes thing is odd, IIRC didn't you have hot flashes for other reasons that weren't hormonal? I don't want to confuse you with someone else but I am pretty sure it was you.

E2 is a bit high relative to testosterone and free, so that could potentially do it. I've talked to people with pruritic hot flashes mostly from low E2 but also high E2 as well. Still don't understand the physiology behind it completely yet.

CSI007

Nah,
I had the hot flashes before starting. Of course I had low T, low E2 and free T etc. No idea what would cause it. About a week in starting TRT the hot flashes faded. Only to return after about 8 to 10 weeks after starting again.

You can have an apparent "normal" sensitive e2 number, say 30, but be out of ratio T/FT and still have an E problem...the total picture if you will. Hot flashes are one thing that I'm yet to beat...much less than previous and less bothersome, but I still have a flash or overly warm in bed at nite, the occasional sweating, despite the heat set at only 60degress in my house.

CSI007

Just did 120.5iu this morning along with my regular 500iu of HCG. I will do the next dose on Sat. Then Mon etc. etc.

Recheck in 6 weeks and see where I am at.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me