Buy Lab Tests Online

testiculus

Glenn Cunningham, when asked by Dr. Abraham Morgenthaler, where did you come up with 54%? His answer was we actually don't have much data to say anything but we had to pick a number and it seemed like a reasonable number.
This gets back to how much risk is too much risk. It's a judgement call. Hence, whatever number is picked, even if it's done by an "expert" is still that. It's their individual opinion of what is too much risk.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
There are over 80 million people that live higher than 2,500 meters and they develop a secondary erythrocytosis. Men in parts of Bolivia have a normal range of HCT from 45-61%.

These men are not at an increased risk of thrombotic events nor do they have to undergo phlebotomies to manage their hematocrit.
Previously you "liked" the post with this quote:

In contrast, residing at high-altitude locations, especially above 3500 m, is associated with an apparent increased risk [of stroke, or dying from it], probably linked to the presence of polycythaemia and other factors such as increased blood viscosity, and the presence of a hypercoagulable state might increase the risk of developing stroke among those exposed to very high altitudes. It seems clear that short-term exposures to high altitudes are a risk factor for developing a stroke. The available scientific literature suggests that above 3500-4000 m, the risk of developing stroke increases, especially if the exposure is acute among non-adapted populations.

Could initiating TRT be likened to this "acute exposure"? If so then there's a parallel with the studies finding higher risk at the start of TRT.

I guess you also forgot about the graph @testiculus was alluding to, which makes 54% look less arbitrary:
1553269679618.png

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I guess you also forgot about the graph @testiculus was alluding to, which makes 54% look less arbitrary:
View attachment 40084
Interestingly, they only have 3 data points between 39 and 54% which are virtually identical and don't fit the curve. It does look like viscosity starts rising after 54% but not before that. Viscosity is slightly lower in the range of 25-38, which would correspond to anemia or toddlers perhaps. Not relevant to healthy adults, so it's unfortunate so many of their data points fell in that abnormally low range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me