Melatonin usage during daytime

Buy Lab Tests Online

Chrander

Hi.

I want the benefits of using Melatonin as an antioxidant, but I can not take it pre bed. I get restless legs every time and it disturbs my sleep.

I have read some information regarding use during the day on other sites, but can not find i anymore. Does anyone have experience with usage during the day?

Thanks replies.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi.

I want the benefits of using Melatonin as an antioxidant, but I can not take it pre bed. I get restless legs every time and it disturbs my sleep.

I have read some information regarding use during the day on other sites, but can not find i anymore. Does anyone have experience with usage during the day?

Thanks replies.
Yes, I have and I have friends that do. I've taken over 200 mg daily throughout the day. No issues for me. As you know though, Melatonin affects everyone differently.

Presently I'm taking 60 mg before bed and none during the day.

Chrander

Yes, I have and I have friends that do. I've taken over 200 mg daily throughout the day. No issues for me. As you know though, Melatonin affects everyone differently.

Presently I'm taking 60 mg before bed and none during the day.
Hi! Thanks for your reply.

200-60mg. That is an significant amount. 1mg- 0.2mg from drops is what I take. Must read more in order to fully understand the positive effects at different dosages.

Any advice as to when to take during the day? I understand, from what you say, it can be taken whenever. In the morning is convenient, but I must read more.

Again, thanks

ajax31

Here's a caution about dosing melatonin during the day.

However, a new Danish study shows that this conclusion may be somewhat hasty. Melatonin can reduce insulin sensitivity, which is key to developing type 2 diabetes.

“Melatonin benefits the body at the right times of the day, but our results indicate that people should not have high concentrations of melatonin in the body during daytime because it can affect glucose metabolism
. People who are already predisposed to developing type 2 diabetes could consider avoiding taking melatonin regularly until more is known about its potential impact,” explains a researcher behind the new study, Julie Støy, physician and PhD, Steno Diabetes Center Aarhus.

Vince

Super Moderator

However, a new Danish study shows that this conclusion may be somewhat hasty. Melatonin can reduce insulin sensitivity, which is key to developing type 2 diabetes.

“Melatonin benefits the body at the right times of the day, but our results indicate that people should not have high concentrations of melatonin in the body during daytime because it can affect glucose metabolism
. People who are already predisposed to developing type 2 diabetes could consider avoiding taking melatonin regularly until more is known about its potential impact,” explains a researcher behind the new study, Julie Støy, physician and PhD, Steno Diabetes Center Aarhus.

Vince

Super Moderator

I'm sure it's different for everyone, my A1C is 4.8

seppuku

Bit late to this thread but thought i'd comment anyhow. The insulin sensitivity issue is why i stopped taking melatonin before bed - i fast during the day, and eat my last (2nd) meal around 9pm. I used to take 3 to 6mg after that before going to bed, and stopped after reading melatonin's affect on insulin sensitivity. But people eating like me would be ok using melatonin during the day time if they wanted. I did see a study somewhere showing melatonin taken pre workout (fasted state) raises growth hormone much higher than without.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me