Many overfixate on testosterone -the thyroid is just as important

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hormetheus

How did the semaglutide turn out? About to try my own run with it monitoring blood sugar and such of course and starting out super low. I'm on a low 110/wk or so of cypionate and not much else right now for trt not cycling.
Best drug I have ever tried. Still on it and if possible I will never come off :) Hormones are back to normal (and much else improved)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TRicker

Best drug I have ever tried. Still on it and if possible I will never come off :) Hormones are back to normal (and much else improved)
My endo discussed possibly prescribing semaglutide, but I've read that there is a risk of thyroid tumors and/or thyroid cancer. I know you said you considered if very safe, so I was wondering if you have any insight on this?

T

tareload

Also, it is certainly worth a try and there is almost no risk to that other than the cost of getting the drug

From the references linked:

====

What is new and conclusions: Our findings showed disproportionality for thyroid cancer, medullary thyroid cancer and thyroid neoplasm in patients treated with GLP-1 analogues. We have found evidence from spontaneous reports that GLP-1 analogues are associated with thyroid cancer in patients with diabetes.
====

Conclusion​

Over the years, the use of GLP-1RAs has first been associated with several adverse events, which were later mostly nuanced or refuted. As one of the newer agents within the class, the safety of semaglutide—both the subcutaneous and oral formulation—has been scrutinized in the phase 3 programs and CVOTs. Compared with placebo and active comparator, semaglutide induces mostly mild and transient gastrointestinal disturbances, and increases the risk of cholelithiasis. However, no major safety concerns have arisen to date, although definitive conclusions for pancreatic cancer, thyroid cancer and DRP complications cannot be drawn at this point. When compared with the beneficial effects of these drugs on glucose metabolism, blood pressure, body weight and cardiovascular (and potentially even renal) endpoints, these agents have an overall beneficial risk/benefit-profile for treatment of patients with T2D.
====

T

tareload

Treating hypothyroidism is not always easy: When totreat subclinical hypothyroidism, TSH goals in theelderly, and alternatives to levothyroxine monotherapy

1647364995881.png

1647365048392.png

T

tareload

What about dosage?

dosages needed vary widely depending on patient needs, cortisol levels, ability to derive T3 by deiodination, thyroid sensitivity, IGF1 levels, and esp. the endogenous residual output by the individual's own thyroid gland.
  • T4: 50mcg-200mcg (average: 120mcg; once per day)
  • NDT: 1–2.5 grains (average: 1.5 grains; twice per day)
  • T3: 40–80mcg T3 (average: 60mcg T3; split into at least 3 daily doses)

You really should put a disclaimer on these bullet points. For those reading all this take your concerns to a board-certified endocrinologist and have him/her/they give their opinion of taking 40-80 mcg/day of liothyronine to address hypothyroidism.

Ok, I see you have one on your website:
1647365782775.png

Fair enough.

T

tareload

Last edited by a moderator:

butter.bb

I agree 100%.
Starting TRT was really only the beginning for me.
Once I got the adrenals fully good to go and thyroid dialed the change was far greater than when I first got on testosterone.
If your thyroid/adrenals are out of whack, getting those treated as well is a complete game changer.
Would you mind expanding on how you got your adrenals fully good to go? I’m having some troubles myself with adrenal insufficiencies

Sean Mosher

Well, without getting into the whole backfilling of the pathways argument, I fully believe that using hCG along with DHEA & Pregnenolone was critical. I experimented with using all 3 and then not and for me it's clear cut. Dosing is individualized so I'd be hesitant to give advice there.
Also, I enjoy the weightroom and lifting on the heavier side so I had to layoff that aspect for a bit.
And then honestly, just going by feel and paying attention to my body, I started to slowly add back in thyroid from there.
Thyroid/Iodine can be very hard on someone with adrenal insufficiency as was me so adding those back in can be tricky.

Sean Mosher

Nope.
I was "in range".
Simply have to try a therapeutic trial to see if your symptoms get resolved.
The only thing that was obviously out of whack for me was a fairly elevated RT3.

TRicker

The only thing that was obviously out of whack for me was a fairly elevated RT3.
I have the exact same situation going on, and have been discussing this on another thread. I have high RT3 (25), and all other thyroid labs looked good, however supplementing with T3 (all the way up to 50mcg's/day) had no impact on how I felt. Everything I've read states that high cortisol instead of low cortisol leads to high RT3.
When you stated you fixed your adrenals, did you lower your cortisol or raise it with hydrocortisone?

butter.bb

Well, without getting into the whole backfilling of the pathways argument, I fully believe that using hCG along with DHEA & Pregnenolone was critical. I experimented with using all 3 and then not and for me it's clear cut. Dosing is individualized so I'd be hesitant to give advice there.
Also, I enjoy the weightroom and lifting on the heavier side so I had to layoff that aspect for a bit.
And then honestly, just going by feel and paying attention to my body, I started to slowly add back in thyroid from there.
Thyroid/Iodine can be very hard on someone with adrenal insufficiency as was me so adding those back in can be tricky.
Good to know regarding the Iodine!

Ive been using HCG for years now on trt but I feel it’s not enough. I use 25mg preg cream every other day as too much seems to increase fatigue.
DHEA is on the lower end about 211.

Do you think oral or sublingual Preg works better for helping low cortisol? I. Struggling with daily low c and low aldosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me