Lower leg pumps/tingles

Buy Lab Tests Online
I just started trt 2 weeks ago as my level was at 461, however I had many of the low t symptoms. I have noticed overall better mood and energy in the 2 weeks that I have been taking it.

I took 200mg the first week on Monday evening, and the second week I decided to lower it to 150mg on Monday morning, as I have read 200mg is the upper dose for trt. I did take arimidex .25mg twice since I have been on trt. The doc prescribed 1mg every other day which from reading is a huge dose when my estradiol was at 13.

I have noticed some leg tingling almost as if they have bad circulation and they continuously feel pumped or heavy in the legs under the knee area. Also it seems as if i have some head pressure or notice my pulse in my head. Any ideas what this could be, as these are really the only disadvantages so far that I have encountered?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I just started trt 2 weeks ago as my level was at 461, however I had many of the low t symptoms. I have noticed overall better mood and energy in the 2 weeks that I have been taking it.

I took 200mg the first week on Monday evening, and the second week I decided to lower it to 150mg on Monday morning, as I have read 200mg is the upper dose for trt. I did take arimidex .25mg twice since I have been on trt. The doc prescribed 1mg every other day which from reading is a huge dose when my estradiol was at 13.

I have noticed some leg tingling almost as if they have bad circulation and they continuously feel pumped or heavy in the legs under the knee area. Any ideas what this could be, as this is one of the main disadvantages so far that I have encountered?

Do your feet feel swollen? Are your socks leaving indentations? Do you feel bloated?

It's possible you're retaining water and it's putting pressure on the nerves leading to neuropathy.

CoastWatcher

Can you provide a few more details regarding your protocol? Your testosterone dose is once weekly, and you have quit using the Anastrozole? HCG? Was your estradiol level confirmed via the sensitive, LC, MS, MS lab test?

Last edited:
Can you provide a few more details regarding your protocol? Your testosterone dose is once weekly, and you have quit using the Anastrozole? HCG? Was your estradiol level confirmed via the sensitive, LC, MS, MS lab test?
Test cyp 200mg once per week on week 1, 150mg once per week starting week 2 (this week), and my next shot is tomorrow morning and was planning on sticking with 150mg again. No hcg yet.

I am not sure what estradiol test was run as it was at a doctor that I no longer see because they wouldn't treat me based on my total test being 461, even though I had all of the symptoms.

As far as the anastrozole is concerned I didn't take it on week 1, but it took 2 .25mg tablets this week 2 days apart.

Thanks

CoastWatcher

Test cyp 200mg once per week on week 1, 150mg once per week starting week 2 (this week), and my next shot is tomorrow morning and was planning on sticking with 150mg again.

I am not sure what estradiol test was run as it was at a doctor that I no longer see because they wouldn't treat me based on my total test being 461, even though I had all of the symptoms.

As far as the anastrozole is concerned I didn't take it on week 1, but it took 2 .25mg tablets this week 2 days apart.

Thanks

I would suggest a number of things.

Split your testosterone dose into two 75mg injections. Administer one dose on Monday morning and the second dose on Thursday evening. Maintain this schedule - a shot every 3.5 days.

Set the AI aside. No matter which test measured your estradiol, it is very, very low. Working with a split-dosing schedule your e2 should climb, but hopefully not to the point that you need to take action to control it.

I gather you are going to self direct your protocol. In four to five weeks, six is actually what my doctor would suggest, obtain total and free testosterone, estradiol/sensitive, SHBG, and a CBC from Discountedlabs.com. You will know how things are unfolding and can adjust your dose, add an AI...whatever needs to be done.

Your complaint about your knees may have nothing to do with your TRT protocol, or it may be water retention resulting from the changes in your serum levels. Obviously, you need to maintain a watchful eye - is there a clotting issue, or any history of phlebitis in your history or your family? Your CBC presented no issues prior to the start of therapy?

I had no cbc done unfortunately they just did vitamin deficiency, lipids, test, estrogen, psa and thyroid.

The first doctor I went to wouldn't treat me with the 461 even with me complaining of the symptoms which is what caused me to get tested in the first place. That's why I left the first doctor I got a blood test at, and took the test to the second doctor who said the CBC wasn't necessarily required prior to therapy but needs to be measured while on. No clotting in family, or anything like that. I am most active in my family and run 3-4 miles a few times per week for my cardio.

Taking shots twice a week is fine but the 25g needle seems intrusive for doing that protocol. I won't self direct, but the doc put me off starting me at the highest trt dose possible.

Does discounted labs take insurance for the blood tests? That is why I went to the doctor as my insurance covered it. The doc ordered me to come in for my first blood test after 10 weeks ( when the 200mg/ml would be finished).

Thanks again for the reply, I do appreciate it.

CoastWatcher

I had no cbc done unfortunately they just did vitamin deficiency, lipids, test, estrogen, psa and thyroid.

The first doctor I went to wouldn't treat me with the 461 even with me complaining of the symptoms which is what caused me to get tested in the first place. That's why I left the first doctor I got a blood test at, and took the test to the second doctor who said the CBC wasn't necessarily required prior to therapy but needs to be measured while on. No clotting in family, or anything like that. I am most active in my family and run 3-4 miles a few times per week for my cardio.

Taking shots twice a week is fine but the 25g needle seems intrusive for doing that protocol. I won't self direct, but the doc put me off starting me at the highest trt dose possible.

Does discounted labs take insurance for the blood tests? That is why I went to the doctor as my insurance covered it. The doc ordered me to come in for my first blood test after 10 weeks ( when the 200mg/ml would be finished).

Thanks again for the reply, I do appreciate it.

A CBC is a necessary blood test prior to beginning TRT as one wants a baseline hematocrit, hemoglobin, and RBC to use as a benchmark against future readings/possible elevations. What other tests were/were not run? Do you have the results? Hopefully, in regard to the thyroid, more than simply the TSH was run; t3, t4, rt3, antibodies? Your free testosterone? And what about your LH and FSH? Was the estradiol measured with the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) lab test? Finally, how old are you?

Last edited:
Hey Coast,

I am 30yrs old, going on 31 in couple months. My blood test was taken at the first doctor that I left, because he wouldnt treat me due to the total t number being in range 461 (their lab range was 132-813), and basically disregarded the fact I still had symptoms, so I researched and found another doctor that I took that blood test to and their lab range was 348-1197.

I expressed interest in the fact that I thought the entire CBC should have been done as well, and the new doc said it's not as important beforehand but will def monitor it going forward.

Below are my results for everything you inquired about...

metabolic panel was run with everything being in range, except calcium being .2 elevated.

Lipids -
CHOLESTEROL 201 (range 0-200 mg/dl)
HDL 64 (range 40-60 mg/dl)
LDL calculated 124 mg/dl (range <100)
TRIGLYCERIDE 63 (range 0-150 mg/dl).

Iron- everything in range
FERRITIN 223 (range 6.24-464 ng/ml)
IRON 130 (range 37-181 ug/dl)
TIBC 322 (range 261-497).

Thyroid -
T3 FREE 4.79 (Range 2.77-5.27 pg/ml)
T4 1.43 (Range 0.78-2.19 ng/dl)
TSH 3.3 (0.465-4.68 mIU/L)
PSA 1.11 (range 0-4 ng/ml)
VITAMIN B12 elevated 987pg/ml (range 211-911)
VITAMIN D 55ng/ml. (range 20-100)

Hormone Panel -
CORTISOL TOTAL 14.1 ug/dl (range 1.67-22.66 ug/dl)
PROGESTERONE 1.82 nmol/l (range 0.44-6.47)
ESTRADIOL 13.31 pg/ml (range 26.6-161)
TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 461ng/dl (range 132-813)
FREE TESTOSTERONE 96.0 pg/ml (range 46-224)
PTH INTACT 19.4 pg/ml (range 7.5-53.5)
PROLACTIN 9.3 mIU/l (range 2.1-17.7)
FSH 2.72 mIU/L (range 1.4-18.1)
LH 1.92 (range 1.5-9.3 mIU/L)
DHEA SULFATE 421.9 ug/dl (range 34.5-568.9)
HGH 0.3 ng/ml (range 0.00-0.99)
IGF1 250ug/dl (range 155-432)
IGF BINDING PROTEIN-3 5210 ng/ml (5806-2500) (weird range)
SHBG 30.9 (range 11.7-137.2 nmol/L)

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Hey Coast,

I am 30yrs old, going on 31 in couple months. My blood test was taken at the first doctor that I left, because he wouldnt treat me due to the total t number being in range 461 (their lab range was 132-813), and basically disregarded the fact I still had symptoms, so I researched and found another doctor that I took that blood test to and their lab range was 348-1197.

I expressed interest in the fact that I thought the entire CBC should have been done as well, and the new doc said it's not as important beforehand but will def monitor it going forward.

Below are my results for everything you inquired about...

metabolic panel was run with everything being in range, except calcium being .2 elevated.

Lipids - cholesterol 201,hdl 64, ldl calculated 124, triglyceride 63.

iron- everything in range

thyroid - t3 free 4.79, t4 1.43, tsh 3.3, psa 1.11, vitamin b12 elevated 987pg/ml, vitamin d 55ng/ml.

hormone panel - cortisol total 14.1 ug/dl, progesterone 1.82 nmol/l, estradiol 13.31 pg/ml, test total 461ng/dl, test free 96.0 pg/ml, pth intact 19.4 pg/ml, prolactin 9.3miu/l, follicle stimulating hormone 2.72, LH 1.92, dhea-sulfate 421.9 ug/dl, hgh 0.3 ng/ml, igf1 250ug/dl, igf binding protein-3 5210 ng/ml, shbg 30.9.

I hope this helps!

Thoucally, we need the lab ranges - which I didn't remind you of earlier. Were these run at LabCorp or Quest by any chance?

Updated post with ranges, also did my best to make it a bit easier to read.

Also I noticed more pumps overall everywhere as well as some tingle/numbness, and have been getting some headaches (noticing my pulse in my head as well). Other then These sides my mood is better and have more energy and less fatigue.

I don't think they were run at either lab company.
The new doctor uses labcorp for their Test range, but I am not sure if that's where they send everything?

I see ARUP Laboratories, Med fusion, and Diagnostic Lab services listed on the sheet.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

You are a young man to begin TRT, typically for life, and while your level is undeniably low, it's not a basement level value. Was there any discussion of using Clomid to see if you could restart your axis? Your estradiol was measured with the incorrect test (the reference range is a dead giveaway). Future measurement should always be undertaken with the "Sensitive" (LC, MS/MS) lab test. No potassium levels?

No clomid was not talked about, however I have heard bad things in regards to it.

Potassium - 4.6 (range 3.5-5.1 mmol/L)

I picked up a blood pressure monitor today and noticed my blood pressure has gone up significantly which is probably the cause for my headaches everyday. 144/93 Pulse was 65.

CoastWatcher

No clomid was not talked about, however I have heard bad things in regards to it.

Potassium - 4.6 (range 3.5-5.1 mmol/L)

I picked up a blood pressure monitor today and noticed my blood pressure has gone up significantly which is probably the cause for my headaches everyday. 144/93 Pulse was 65.

Your blood pressure is in a range that indicates hypertension. Don't ignore that.

I am freaked out because usually i am in the 120/60 range. What from TRT would cause this? I am going to get a CBC done today with the current doc since the first doc didn't run one.

CoastWatcher

I am freaked out because usually i am in the 120/60 range. What from TRT would cause this? I am going to get a CBC done today with the current doc since the first doc didn't run one.
Some men see an increase in blood pressure when TRT is initiated. Central nervous system issues, water retention, but not necessarily estradiol. It could well be part of the same picture with the issues in your legs. You are taking a large, single dose of testosterone which also may be a factor.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me