Little help needed with labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

sladedog

Greetings wise men-
Started TRT in early Jan. The protocol I was given was Test Cyp 200mg once a week and an AI 1mg every other day. That lasted about a week because I felt so bad. After doing more homework I cut my test down to about 160mg a week, split into two doses, and ditched the AI altogether. I just got my three month follow up bloodwork and would love some opinions (my follow up appt isn't for another 3 weeks). First number is pre TRT, second number is about 12 weeks post-
Hemoglobin- pre 15.1 post 17.8 range 13-17.7
Hematocrit pre 44.5 post 52.1 range 37.5-51
LDL pre 105- post 114 range 0-99
Total Test- pre 342 post 1061 range 264-916
Free Test- pre 8.5 post 25.1 range 6.8- 21.5
Dihydrotest- pre 28 post 98 (just says high, no range)
Estradiol Sensitive- pre 26.9 post 76.1 range 8-35.0
AST pre 14 post 19 range 0-40
ALT pre 25 post 43 range 0-44
Prostate AG- pre .6 post 2.0 range .0-4
Feeling a bit better in general, more ambition, working out 5xs a week, some increased libido (morning wood) etc. I'd say a 30% improvement overall. But, a little concerned about the RBCs, the prostate AG going up, the liver enzymes going up, and not sure if that estradiol number warrants trying a small dose of AI. Should I give some blood? Should I drop the test dose a touch to bring the estradiol down a little? I know many are a hard no on AIs, which I now understand- but would love some opinions. I've got a very open mind and am enjoying the journey, just want to be smart and not do any damage to myself.

Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If your overall health is more important than good workouts and bigger muscles then cut your dose in half, ride out any withdrawal symptoms, and reevaluate in a few months. You owe it to yourself to experience more reasonable levels so you have a point of comparison. Legitimate TRT doses don't go much above 100 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. Average testosterone production in healthy young men is equivalent to 65 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. You don't need 160 mg to resolve hypogonadism. Testosterone interacts with a lot of other hormones and systems. Your blood work is revealing some of the consequences of excessive dosing. Others may crop up at any time.

sladedog

If your overall health is more important than good workouts and bigger muscles then cut your dose in half, ride out any withdrawal symptoms, and reevaluate in a few months. You owe it to yourself to experience more reasonable levels so you have a point of comparison. Legitimate TRT doses don't go much above 100 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. Average testosterone production in healthy young men is equivalent to 65 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. You don't need 160 mg to resolve hypogonadism. Testosterone interacts with a lot of other hormones and systems. Your blood work is revealing some of the consequences of excessive dosing. Others may crop up at any time.
thanks for the feedback. I certainly didn't think 160mg a week was "excessive dosing". I'm still learning as I go here it seems

Systemlord

Started TRT in early Jan. The protocol I was given was Test Cyp 200mg once a week and an AI 1mg every other day.
This is a really bad protocol, this is enough aromatase inhibitor to cause osteoporosis in several months to a couple of years. As far as dosing is concerned, the endocrine society recommends 75-100 mg weekly.

You talk about noticing a 30% improvement, I’ll bet you’ll improved further after reducing your dosage. Too much T can be as bad as not enough.

I was able to achieve a 697 ng/dL trough level 3.5 days after my shot while injecting 50 mg twice weekly, likely putting my Total T near 1000 ng/dL or higher at peak.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching