Lifestyle changes and T levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
Just curious, has anyone or anyone that you know, went from low T to normal range (even if it's just 500-600) by making significant lifestyle changes instead of TRT?

I know everyone is different, just trying to explore every option before hopping on for the rest of my life.

I’m 50 lbs overweight if not 60, at 6’4" 270…have a desk job…haven’t exercised or lifted or followed a good diet in about 3 1/2 years (finding out i was gonna be a first time dad…getting everything ready and now being a dad).

If changing all of that could get me to 500-600, then I wouldn’t want to start TRT until I really need it…

I've been in the 300s the past couple years for total T... 60s for free T and low 20s for SHBG and E2...all other bloodwork looks good. I am secondary and not primary, by the way.

My main symptoms are brain fog, low motivation/energy and low libido, even though I don't have ED and I do frequently have morning wood...

Maybe none of that will work and I DO need it, or maybe all of that will put me into range…those are the opinions and experiences I need to hear...I see stuff online about guys who have done the above with success, but what has worked for those of you that have actually done this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rabbit91476

I went from 220 to 160 trrying to make a life style change. I was always exhausted. Brian fog despite the changes. Even quit drinking.. then realized I was low t. 180-230. So life style changes don’t always help. But I never tested when I was over weight

Vince

Super Moderator
I’m sure losing weight would help increase your testosterone. Also working out with weights will help. Good chance it won’t be enough.

I know several times (via labwork and shown via elevated libido, energy, endurance at gym, etc) over the years I was able to bump up my T pretty significantly WHILE ON TRT (including HCG) from 700 to 800 to over 1,000 (1089, 1155, 1313) making pretty strict lifestyle changes (I have been on the same TRT dose/protocol for years of 35-40ml T shots twice a week ad 250IU hcg three times a week).

Your mileage may vary, but my lifestyle changes included:
- sleep - getting QUALITY ~8 hrs sleep nightly (doing whatever it takes - I did a sleep study and had mild sleep apnea caused primarily by my overbite (which was fixed by a pricey custom-made dental appliance vs. CPAP machine)
- food - I traked my caloric intake and macros for my body size & activity. I did well on a 40/30/30 carb/prot/fat mix (healthy foods like: chicken, canned tuna, yams, orange, apples, peanut butter, olive oil, etc). I ate much of my foods from the Dr Life plan book: Dr Life Book. YES, I MEASURED MY FOOD MUCH OF THE TIME. You can't eyeball fats - being off by just a tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories.
- workouts - I know the BeachBody P90X program worked great for me. There are hundreds of workout programs (and millions of opinions), but I know this program just works for me for muscle gain, endurance, weight loss and flexibility - overall health. I did also have great gains using the muscle for life program of weights and just HIT cardio: Muscle for Life Book and am still on that now. Oh, and I had my best endurance using the Insanity Max:30 program for cardio a couple days a week. Lastly, I did NOT over-train and used plenty of rest/recovery days as needed.

From my experience if someone won't commit to changes like this, then they are not serious about taking personal control of their health and won't get ideal/best potential results. From talking to numerous doctors, I think only 1-5% of TRT patients have the fortitude and motivation to implement these changes, which is why so many on TRT never reach their highest potential results.

Last edited:

fifty

Women normal testosterone is <100. Many of them are in great shape and have plenty of energy. Of course it's easier if your levels are 1000 but you can get a lot done with diet & lifestyle optimization.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me