Length of time between blood tests and dosage changes

Buy Lab Tests Online

rifter

I've been trying to optimize my TRT treatment in order to sustain a level Total testosterone level under ng/dl 1200. I've been on TRT for over 2 years.

My current dosage of 100mg E3.5D has put me above 1500, so I've reduced the dosage to 60%.

How long should I wait to get re-tested again to see if i'm reliably below 1200?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I've been trying to optimize my TRT treatment in order to sustain a level Total testosterone level under ng/dl 1200. I've been on TRT for over 2 years.

My current dosage of 100mg E3.5D has put me above 1500, so I've reduced the dosage to 60%.

How long should I wait to get re-tested again to see if i'm reliably below 1200?

5 weeks minimum. 6 is best.

Test at day of injection but before injection.

Vince

Super Moderator
When starting a new protocol, you should want at least 6 weeks. I always wait 12 weeks but I'm sure that long isn't necessary.

CoastWatcher

I am am now the third conservative voice responding to your question. I'm a firm believer, based on my doctor's opinion and my own experience, that you should test no sooner than the six week mark.

rifter

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

I've been relatively stable below the 1200 mark at my old dosage, but have been struggling to keep it under control for the past 6 months and I'm not sure why this is.

Has anyone else had experience in their total testosterone slowly creeping up for no apparent reason?

My worry is that it will aromatize more if not kept under control, even though I am taking 0.5mg of anastrozole twice a week. My other worry is that my doc will think I'm abusing the dosage if I suddenly show a 1500+ spike in free test after being consistent for many months.

CoastWatcher

When were these levels obtained? Blood was pulled when in relation to injection? You are on a dose of testosterone that is typically at the upper end of TRT protocols; how did you and your doctor arrive at that dose?

rifter

Just like everyone else i'd imagine. Start at the suggested dose, do regular blood tests and adjust accordingly. I have not required adjustment since starting, and have been stable. I have a 6 monthly check-in with my doctor, but I do self monitoring on my own obviously, and far more regularly than 6 months. This last test was done 1.5 days prior to my next injection. So a full 48 hours after the last shot. Even then, I wouldn't have expected it to put me above the 1500 mark since I should have been past the peak concentration at that point.

CoastWatcher

Just like everyone else i'd imagine. Start at the suggested dose, do regular blood tests and adjust accordingly. I have not required adjustment since starting, and have been stable. I have a 6 monthly check-in with my doctor, but I do self monitoring on my own obviously, and far more regularly than 6 months. This last test was done 1.5 days prior to my next injection. So a full 48 hours after the last shot. Even then, I wouldn't have expected it to put me above the 1500 mark since I should have been past the peak concentration at that point.

Typically, labs are drawn to reflect a trough reading, just prior to the next injection, the morning or afternoon before the shot. You have neither a trough, nor a peak (though depending on your SHBG value the latter assertion may be questioned).

Have you considered a lower dose of testosterone? It might well eliminate the need for an AI and still, if delivered in a timely fashion, provide you with a solid response.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me