Is There An I’m Doing Awesome Thread?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fortunate

I tried the abdomen and never liked it. The love handles though are very easy for me, I feel like I could just inject there and skip the VG and shoulders. But it's nice having six locations so that's why I do all six.
OK, so I have an interesting data point to pass along. Disclaimer: As stated above, I tend to micromanage TRT and closely watch my subjective and objective response to it.

For years, I have done daily hCG and recently have added daily small test/nandrolone injections. I tend to use the subcutaneous fat in the abdomen. Once in a while, I go out to the "love handle" area (I call it "flank" area). Based on @Vince's enthusiasm for it, I decided to do a flank injection for both hCG and test/nandrolone the other day. The results were really bad.

I felt "off" and had a low grade headache all day. I also noticed a flare of acne (body and face) that crept up late in the day. Since I started the low dose daily injections, acne has been receding, but this day, I had several spots pop up.

I know - it sounds almost ludicrous that one flank injection could do this, so I checked my spreadsheet (You heard it right: I have been keeping a spreadsheet for about a year, tracking things like TRT modality/dose/location/time BP, headaches, anxiety, mood, etc. so that I can learn from successes and failures and track trends), and I found other entries in which I stated I used the flank area and noticed increased acne and headaches.

I suspect that there is a real phenomenon here. Not sure how to explain it - the fat milieu could affect absorption or metabolites? Maybe the location influences aromatization?

Do what you want with this tiny experiment.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I suspect that there is a real phenomenon here. Not sure how to explain it - the fat milieu could affect absorption or metabolites? Maybe the location influences aromatization?
The injection site can affect the rate absorption, which in turn might have some subtle effects on metabolite formation. However, with testosterone esters the absorption must be completed before metabolites can be formed. This is because the testosterone esters have to encounter esterases in the blood to strip off the esters and leave the biologically active testosterone.

With respect to the topic at hand, I am pleased with the results of my current protocol. It's the best I've done overall since before becoming hypogonadal.

Fortunate

The injection site can affect the rate absorption, which in turn might have some subtle effects on metabolite formation. However, with testosterone esters the absorption must be completed before metabolites can be formed. This is because the testosterone esters have to encounter esterases in the blood to strip off the esters and leave the biologically active testosterone.

With respect to the topic at hand, I am pleased with the results of my current protocol. It's the best I've done overall since before becoming hypogonadal.
I hear you. Doesn’t make great sense. Maybe it’s the hCG?

Great to hear that you’re doing well.

Vince

Super Moderator
OK, so I have an interesting data point to pass along. Disclaimer: As stated above, I tend to micromanage TRT and closely watch my subjective and objective response to it.

For years, I have done daily hCG and recently have added daily small test/nandrolone injections. I tend to use the subcutaneous fat in the abdomen. Once in a while, I go out to the "love handle" area (I call it "flank" area). Based on @Vince's enthusiasm for it, I decided to do a flank injection for both hCG and test/nandrolone the other day. The results were really bad.

I felt "off" and had a low grade headache all day. I also noticed a flare of acne (body and face) that crept up late in the day. Since I started the low dose daily injections, acne has been receding, but this day, I had several spots pop up.

I know - it sounds almost ludicrous that one flank injection could do this, so I checked my spreadsheet (You heard it right: I have been keeping a spreadsheet for about a year, tracking things like TRT modality/dose/location/time BP, headaches, anxiety, mood, etc. so that I can learn from successes and failures and track trends), and I found other entries in which I stated I used the flank area and noticed increased acne and headaches.

Do what you want with this tiny experiment.

Fortunate

Thanks for posting the link, @Vince. That's a good thread. Are you pointing out conversation on dosing or injection route? I generally can't tolerate more than 100IU at a time (150 at most). It would be way more convenient to injection less frequently!

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for posting the link, @Vince. That's a good thread. Are you pointing out conversation on dosing or injection route? I generally can't tolerate more than 100IU at a time (150 at most). It would be way more convenient to injection less frequently!
Dosing, I've always injected 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I know it's different for everyone and HCG can give some men issues.

andrewBwinter

For the second time in as many weeks someone at the gym commented on my physique "for an old guy" I took the time to explain that it was due to TRT, he was 62 and has seen his performance diminish over the years. We had a frank discussion about the pre-TRT process (monitoring blood panels and baseline testing for how you feel day to day) and how it takes time to get to the point of prescription.

While it may sound egotistical to post this, sharing and discussing TRT with other men is an important part of our community. In short, I feel and look better after 6 months and that's not awesome it's just positive improvement over where I was 6+ months ago. I still have a job issue and snoring issues to sort out but hopefully fixing those will improve my mood even more, getting closer to awesome

Phil Goodman

What types of issues do you run into when going above 150? And I’m assuming you are doing daily if it’s only 100 ius at a time?

BigTex

For the second time in as many weeks someone at the gym commented on my physique "for an old guy" I took the time to explain that it was due to TRT, he was 62 and has seen his performance diminish over the years. We had a frank discussion about the pre-TRT process (monitoring blood panels and baseline testing for how you feel day to day) and how it takes time to get to the point of prescription.

While it may sound egotistical to post this, sharing and discussing TRT with other men is an important part of our community. In short, I feel and look better after 6 months and that's not awesome it's just positive improvement over where I was 6+ months ago. I still have a job issue and snoring issues to sort out but hopefully fixing those will improve my mood even more, getting closer to awesome
I am very happy you got so many improvements. I get the same comments all the time. When people find out I 65 they are shocked. However, I disagree that it is due to TRT. If so, anyone that did TRT would look like I do. Seems you are short changing the effort you put out in the gym. I my case I have been in gyms since I was 14 years old and competed for 27 years. I still spend 5-6 hours in the gym week after week, lifting harder than these guys who are in their mid 20's. While they occupy a bench press texting, I am pushing weight and sweating and have little time to talk. Without a whole lot of dedication, time in the gym and the drive to push the big weights day after day, the TRT is not going to do a whole lot to build a physique. The TRT simply helps me have the ability of a younger guy to train hard and recover quicker, I have to bring the rest to the table and take advantage of it. You still have to bust your ass and provide enough food to grow. TRT, just gives me back what I lost naturally over the years.

However, I do not feel like discussing this in the gym, there has always been a stigma attached to those who use anabolic steroids. Most people feel you cheated and don't work as hard because the anabolic steroids do it for you, like magic. I feel the TRT help me cheat growing old.

Fortunate

I am very happy you got so many improvements. I get the same comments all the time. When people find out I 65 they are shocked. However, I disagree that it is due to TRT. If so, anyone that did TRT would look like I do. Seems you are short changing the effort you put out in the gym. I my case I have been in gyms since I was 14 years old and competed for 27 years. I still spend 5-6 hours in the gym week after week, lifting harder than these guys who are in their mid 20's. While they occupy a bench press texting, I am pushing weight and sweating and have little time to talk. Without a whole lot of dedication, time in the gym and the drive to push the big weights day after day, the TRT is not going to do a whole lot to build a physique. The TRT simply helps me have the ability of a younger guy to train hard and recover quicker, I have to bring the rest to the table and take advantage of it. You still have to bust your ass and provide enough food to grow. TRT, just gives me back what I lost naturally over the years.

However, I do not feel like discussing this in the gym, there has always been a stigma attached to those who use anabolic steroids. Most people feel you cheated and don't work as hard because the anabolic steroids do it for you, like magic. I feel the TRT help me cheat growing old.
Make no mistake, I beleive a lot more guys at the gym are on anabolics than we all think.

BigTex

I just asked my wife this question and she agreed with me, we have very few people in the LA Fitness that we train at that use anabolic steroids. She know of no old guys here that do other than me. We did have a 62 year old that could have walked on stage we was in such good shape but he claimed he only did TRT. My wife laughed at him, it was pretty obvious he was doing more. We have another 55 year old that is doing steroids but he is getting ready for a show. The few that we do have come in and train are very obvious. But the old folks using TRT are very slim to none. Not sure what it is here in Houston but there doesn't seem to be much interest in TRT. Maybe fear and that old stigma that steroids are cheating and going to kill you. We also don't have very many who are in to competition, men or women. No matter what gym you go to.

S1W

Good thread topic. Figured I'd chime in to note that all things considered, I'm doing awesome. About 5 years in, no regrets.

Wolverine

What is your routine? Tx

S1W

awesome. What is your routine?
Ya know, I intentionally left that out, because focusing on what works for others can create a perpetual cycle of aiming at moving targets. What works for some may not work for others.

However, between 36mg-40mg TE/TC EOD (subq) has been my happy place. E2 is in low 70s - I pretty much ignore E2 these days and feel fine. FT upper 20s. SHBG usually high teens (18 or 19).

andrewBwinter

I suppose I should say that after starting TRT, the gains were more noticable in a shorter period of time. My avatar pick is from early last summer which was pre-TRT and I was running the rack on dumbbells as a day off from my powerlifting split. If I look at my workout logs, I can see what exercises I did on which day for the past 5 years. Prior to that I didn't take notes.

andrewBwinter

What is your routine? Tx
I just started a hypertrophy and tendons block. For the past 2 years I have been doing straight powerlifting and without having a competition to go to, it is taxing and not practical for a recreational lifter like me. I am getting the tendon issues I have posted about previously:
  • 3 day full body split during an 8-9 day week
  • focus on one of the big three muscle groups (SBD) per day and add supplemental lifts
  • 10-20 sets per week per body part/muscle group
  • 4 recorded (logged) exercises per workout with 2 finishers (rear delts, tris, bis, calves, etc.) which are off book (not recorded)
  • rep range 8-12 x 4 sets each exercise (3 warm-up, 1 working)
  • compound lifts, DBs and cables
  • Load 70% of 1RM
Sounds more complicated than it is.

Hyrulewarrior1978

BTW, I love your tag line! I need to add one like that...

Off TRT for the time being but libido and guys down below are not loving it. Trying to hold that FFMI steady but those gainz are only leased at best.

Compared to @BigTex I need to join the local elderly women's book club as my new hobby. Perhaps I can give them engaging lectures of the pharmacokinetic profile of labially applied testosterone cream.

If they really want more I'm inviting @madman as the guest lecturer.
Are your trt days over? Or do you think you’ll pursue it again?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me