Ipamorelin--Any insane mental sides? Physical sides?

Buy Lab Tests Online

electrify

I was recommended Ipamorelin by a functional doc for improving motility/gastric emptying for SIBO. Note I already take Motility Activator (which has ginger+artichoke extracts), drink chamomile tea, but its not enough. I also noticed that when I feel hungry I feel better mentally-more hedonic tone and emotion. And then after eating the fullness sensation coincides with more blunting.

So Ipam (or CJC) was recommended as something that acts on ghrelin and could reduce the fullness feeling by enhancing gastric emptying, and thus perhaps improve my SIBO symptoms.

I'm just wondering whether this peptide has crazy mental side effects first and foremost like anhedonia and depression especially. I don't really see reports, but I need to make sure.

And also does it have physical side effects--seems in some ways opposite to Semaglutide so it could potentially cause insulin resistance?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I don't have experience with ipamorelin but I'll be very interested to see if this works for you as I have the same issues.

electrify

I don't have experience with ipamorelin but I'll be very interested to see if this works for you as I have the same issues.

Do you also have SIBO and dysbiosis?

The hunger feeling this peptide can give is interesting to me as for me hunger has correlated with better hedonic tone.

And I know I have heard of Ozempic/Semaglutide causing anhedonia/blunting and it actually blunts cravings/hunger. And it seems like in a way Ozempic is the opposite of Ipamorelin? So the connection to the satiety signals and hedonic tone is an interesting one for sure.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I've been using ipamorelin for about four years, mostly 300 mcg at bedtime. No unwanted side effects noticed. It improves my sleep and perhaps helps to counteract the drop in IGF-1 caused by enclomiphene.
Do you take it continuously or cycle it? I heard a rumor (I have not investigated yet) that you develop antibodies to peptides over time and for this reason breaks are needed. My assumption is that is nonsense.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Do you also have SIBO and dysbiosis?
I think so. I have a generally slow GI tract that tends towards bloating, constipation, indigestion, GERD. I am able to reduce these symptoms to a tolerable level with a low carb, meat-based diet, but they're never completely gone. I rarely experience any sensation of hunger and usually just eat because I know I need to. Treating h. pylori infection had no effect.

If a peptide could sustainably accelerate my gastric emptying and produce some hunger that would be a game changer. I'm skeptical though, because even with the peptides that most often cause hunger, I've seen many reports of tolerance developing to the effect.

BigTex

I was recommended Ipamorelin by a functional doc for improving motility/gastric emptying for SIBO. Note I already take Motility Activator (which has ginger+artichoke extracts), drink chamomile tea, but its not enough. I also noticed that when I feel hungry I feel better mentally-more hedonic tone and emotion. And then after eating the fullness sensation coincides with more blunting.

So Ipam (or CJC) was recommended as something that acts on ghrelin and could reduce the fullness feeling by enhancing gastric emptying, and thus perhaps improve my SIBO symptoms.

I'm just wondering whether this peptide has crazy mental side effects first and foremost like anhedonia and depression especially. I don't really see reports, but I need to make sure.

And also does it have physical side effects--seems in some ways opposite to Semaglutide so it could potentially cause insulin resistance?
In rat models, Ipamorelin has been show to accelerate gastric emptying. I am not aware of any studies showing this in humans. This only means it has not been studied in humans.

One thing to note, this is a popular peptide in competitive bodybuilding because it does not cause hunger, like GHRP-6 does. Seems to be easier to stay on a restrictive diet. This has not been show to cause insulin resistance like rhGH can. Ipamorelin is in no way similar to Semaglutide, which is a GLP-1 agonist and works by increasing insulin release, lowering the amount of glucagon released, delaying gastric emptying and reducing appetite.

Ipamorelin is a peptide selective agonist of the ghrelin/growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHS) and a growth hormone secretagogue, however Ipamorelin does not promote increased production of the enzyme ghrelin, which stimulates appetite.

I have never seen any research that showed Ipamorelin caused GH antibodies. This is rarely seen in long term rhGH treatment and there is a serum test to determine if you have GH antibodies in your blood.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do u pair this with a GHRH? If not, any specific reasons why u don’t?
I did try taking CJC-1295 with ipamorelin a couple times, but never really gave it a chance. As I recall it unexpectedly seemed to impair sleep, which is a deal-breaker.

what benefits have you noticed and at what time periods. if you don't mind sharing?
Not much to add on top of what I noted above: "It improves my sleep and perhaps helps to counteract the drop in IGF-1 caused by enclomiphene." Sleep improvements were immediate.

Fernando Almaguer

Intenté tomar CJC-1295 con ipamorelin un par de veces, pero nunca le di la oportunidad. Según recuerdo, inesperadamente pareció afectar el sueño, lo cual es un factor decisivo.

No hay mucho que agregar a lo que mencioné anteriormente: "Mejora mi sueño y quizás ayude a contrarrestar la caída de IGF-1 causada por el enclomifeno". Las mejoras en el sueño fueron inmediatasW
Where do you get your imaporelin my good man?

electrify

Do you take it continuously or cycle it? I heard a rumor (I have not investigated yet) that you develop antibodies to peptides over time and for this reason breaks are needed. My assumption is that is nonsense.

Probably nonsense, but I've seen some rare horror stories and broscience about this in regards to Cerebrolysin which might be the one you are thinking of. I haven't heard about this with others.

kringle

Regarding SIBO, I can only recommend one thing: cut out any fiber. In other words; go carnivore.
I definitely recommend the book “Fiber Menace” by Konstantin Monastyrsky, and carnivore related books by Dr. Shawn Baker, Dr. Paul Saladino, etc.

Ryan474

Ipa alone 300 to 400 before bed daily improved my sleep,mood, body comp for 3 years.
Then things changed and every night I used it, it made sleep worse. Tried in varying dosages ultimately gave up. I'm convinced at this point in my understanding that the reason it was helping at first is because my estrogen was a bit low, which drives down igf or prevents it from rising. Then I added hcg. Estrogen came up. Shortly after this, ipa intolerance started. Just my experience.

Also tried ipa in combo with cjc, and or tesa, and or sermorelin. Each has pros and cons but intolerance to GHRH and GHRP remains while on hcg. I prefer hcg, plus hgh low dose every other day, no peptides.

Fernando Almaguer

I just ordered imaporelin and bpc 157 from nootropic peptides. I had to get the bacteriostatic water from amazon. Im looking foward to saving some coins because revive rx wants 135$ for 15 mg imaporelin/10mg semorelin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me