Important Question About My 57 Hematocrit.

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

Had blood drawn teasterday. I was dehydrated. Haven't had any water in a few days, just coffee and some juice. I have bad habits I know.
The nurse had a very hard time finding. vein.
Just got the results.
Hematocrit 57.5
RBC 6.2 (normal) range up to 6.5
HGB 17.8 High.
MPV 11.6 High
MCV 93.3 Normal
Platelets 193

Based on those numbers, is the dehydration the cause of the elevation? I just donated 2 months ago. How urgent is it that I donate today?
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I believe dehydration plays its part in elevated hematocrit, but not quite this extreme. The average size of your red blood cells is large and towards the higher end, your diet must consist of lots of iron but MCV is still in range and normal.

Do you know where your levels were previously that lead to blood donation 2 months ago?

Last edited:

SkyWarn

I believe dehydrated plays its part in elevated hematocrit, but not quite this extreme. The average size of your red blood cells is large and towards the higher end, your diet must consist of lots of iron but MCV is still in range and normal.

Do you know where your levels were previously that lead to blood donation 2 months ago?

My Ferritin is 15, from too many donations

Systemlord

My Ferritin is 15, from too many donations
What's strange is all other CBC markers are more or less in range and yet hematocrit is very high...?

Hydrate yourself well and see if hematocrit decreases.

High hematocrit and sleep apnea are common denominators, you could be suffering from sleep apnea, have you had a sleep study done?

Dehydration isn't going to factor in more than a point or two, so you're still talking ~55.

That's the benign erythrocitosis and not the misdiagnosed PCV, right? Only HCT is elevated and not all the other blood factors.

What's strange is all other CBC markers are more or less in range and yet hematocrit is very high...?

SkyWarn

Hydrate yourself well and see if hematocrit decreases.

High hematocrit and sleep apnea are common denominators, you could be suffering from sleep apnea, have you had a sleep study done?
No, but with sleep apnea wouldn't the RBC be elevated?

SkyWarn

Dehydration isn't going to factor in more than a point or two, so you're still talking ~55.

That's the benign erythrocitosis and not the misdiagnosed PCV, right? Only HCT is elevated and not all the other blood factors.

No its not PCV because When I stopped T 2 years ago my HCT dropped to 46

Last edited:

SkyWarn

Since my last donation 2 months ago, I went from IM to Sub-Q . I only do 40mg twice a week. I also added HCG 350 units twice a week. Wondering if any of those factors play a roll

Pringle

It is so uniquely dependent on the individual. I went from weekly injections deep IM 100mg, to shallow IM 50mg E3.5D, to 12mg Sub Q Daily in hopes to lower my HCT and drop my AI. I have used HCG in dosages of 500iu hcg to 250iu E3.5D....None of the protocols helped lower HCT for me....I still have phlebotomy regularly.

SkyWarn

I just got back from the blood bank. They checked my hemoglobin on the little handheld device and it was 16.5
Well within range to be allowed to donate.

SkyWarn

It is so uniquely dependent on the individual. I went from weekly injections deep IM 100mg, to shallow IM 50mg E3.5D, to 12mg Sub Q Daily in hopes to lower my HCT and drop my AI. I have used HCG in dosages of 500iu hcg to 250iu E3.5D....None of the protocols helped lower HCT for me....I still have phlebotomy regularly.

We were planning to up to 100mg T divided into 2 doses weekly. Im not really feeling it on the 80. Maybe I will drop the HCG down to 250 x2

I just got back from the blood bank. They checked my hemoglobin on the little handheld device and it was 16.5
Well within range to be allowed to donate.

as a rough estimate you can multiply the HGB by 3 so your estimated HCT could have been 49.5 at that time. Rough estimate, NOT a rule to follow.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me