How to stop taking TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Charliebizz

I’m also the same as sh1973. Even though he’s higher Shbg guy and I’m low shbg guy. I can’t tolerate levels that high. I’ve had limited success on trt also. I’m giving it one more shot on transdermals. Only on week 3 and starting to feel a little better. Let’s hope the variation in t levels is the trick. Seems like the almost steady state of injections really doesn’t work for some guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

wsj357

Hi, I need advice on how to stop TRT. I've read a couple posts but still not sure what to do. I've only been on it for 4 months. I'm 42. I've been working with dr Saya.

Should I stop cold-turkey? Should I follow defy's protocol from here?

"HCG 300-400iu daily X 14 days, FOLLOWED by Clomid 25mg daily X 28 days (6 week cumulative regimen)."

Coming off TRT- Defy HPTA Reset Protocol

I've emailed defy as well so hopefully I can some get some advice from them.

My protocol, 2x/week :
Testosterone cypionate 70 mg
HCG 400 IU

After 3.5 months, change to 3x/week :
Testosterone cypionate 40 mg
HCG 270 IU

I'm also attaching my labs after 3 months. Dr Saya said the numbers are actually pretty good, the testosterone is just a bit too high (1255 ng/dl). FT 45.78 ng/dl, Estradiol 37 pg/ml, SHBG 31.93 nmol/L, DHT 125 ng/dl.

These are my symptoms before TRT : brain fog, depression, anxiety, irritability, restless, very easily stressed-out, difficulty making simple decisions, over-thinking, insomnia, frequent urination, light sensitivity, crashing after meal, crashing after exercise.

After 4 months on TRT, no improvement. Couple of better days where I feel slightly better mood and less anxiety, that's it. Most of my days are probably worst; probably more brain fog, depressed, unmotivated than before TRT. Also feel more tired and sleepy during the day, I've been taking more nap, but it's harder for me to fall asleep at night. Good libido, stronger erection and probably increased penis size though, which is fun, but it's just not my main concern now.

Thyroid medication sounds like the next move. This was my problem. Trt didn’t work and thyroid was screweed. Get on armor thyroid if free t3 is below 90th percentile of the range.

don’t get off trt with those symtoms. Since when did we give up when the going gets tough. Do you just want to spend the rest of your life living like this. Obviously somethings missing.

calm--

Thyroid medication sounds like the next move. This was my problem. Trt didn’t work and thyroid was screweed. Get on armor thyroid if free t3 is below 90th percentile of the range.

don’t get off trt with those symtoms. Since when did we give up when the going gets tough. Do you just want to spend the rest of your life living like this. Obviously somethings missing.

Not really giving up. I just dont think low T is the cause of my symptoms. While I don't expect everything to be perfect after 4 months, I would expect some changes to my symptoms. Right now I can feel all my symptoms are still there. I just prefer to put my mind, time and money on something else.

Dr Saya responded that I can take 12.5 mg Clomid for 6 weeks. But I like the idea of quitting cold-turkey, so that's what I'm gonna do. Thanks guys.

Charliebizz

Not really giving up. I just dont think low T is the cause of my symptoms. While I don't expect everything to be perfect after 4 months, I would expect some changes to my symptoms. Right now I can feel all my symptoms are still there. I just prefer to put my mind, time and money on something else.

Dr Saya responded that I can take 12.5 mg Clomid for 6 weeks. But I like the idea of quitting cold-turkey, so that's what I'm gonna do. Thanks guys.
Cold turkey was no problem for me.

tropicaldaze1950

I am considering going off trt again even though my numbers are good.
Total T-764, FT-14.5, Sensitive Estrogen-27.5 and TSH @ 2.8
Flat mood again with no real libido.
Hard to ejaculate-low low volume.
Great strength but no mood to use it.
Work out once week and that's it.
This will be my fourth time stopping if I do.
What brings me back to TRT is the known Honeymoon when restarting and the strength.
My pre-trt numbers were so-so.
TT @ 500 but FT was low @ 1.0 from 1.0-2.0
High Sbhg @ 57
You and @BillyJ03z sound similar to me. Been on and off T since 2013, working with a highly experienced urologist. I've said many times that I'm his problem patient.

I'm going off T for at least a couple of months. What I'm trying is topical vitamin D, 70,000 units total, on the nape of my neck/back of my neck, throat, armpits and sides of my torso to determine if, over time, D, via steroidogenesis, will raise endogenous production of T, free T & DHT, as well as improving function of, or restoring function of the HPTA. Also using one drop(350 mcg) of Magnascent iodine, topically, applied to the wrist. Oral D hasn't worked in raising my serum D level and I've run it up to 50K per day, taken with a shot glass of olive oil. Did that for months.

This abstract opened my eyes to the possibilties:

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013 Sep; 137: 107–123.
Published online 2013 Feb 19. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2013.02.006
PMCID: PMC3674137
NIHMSID: NIHMS444741
PMID: 23435015

Steroidogenesis in the skin: implications for local immune functions​

Andrzej Slominski,a,b,c Bazej Zbytek,a Georgios Nikolakis,d Pulak R. Manna,e Cezary Skobowiat,a,c Michal Zmijewski,f Wei Li,g Zorica Janjetovic,a,c Arnold Postlethwaite,c Christos C. Zouboulis,d and Robert C. Tuckeyh

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me