How long did it take to find your optimal protocol after starting TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TransitPoloce

Hi Excel,

How long did it take you to find your optimal TRT protocol as far as dosing, schedule, ancillaries from when you first:

A) Initially sought help from a Doctor

B) Began a testosterone therapy

Or is it a never ending process? are you still adjusting according to bloodwork/symptoms even many years into your TRT?

And what would be the best advice as far as changes you've made over the months/years?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hi Excel,

How long did it take you to find your optimal TRT protocol as far as dosing, schedule, ancillaries from when you first:

A) Initially sought help from a Doctor

B) Began a testosterone therapy

Or is it a never ending process? are you still adjusting according to bloodwork/symptoms even many years into your TRT?

And what would be the best advice as far as changes you've made over the months/years?

Thanks

A. Went to my primary in december 2015. 3 urologists over spring 2016. Each Doctor got worse and worse. I originally called defy in december 2015, but tried to find a local doctor. Gave up and started with defy around may 2016 IIRC. Haven't looked back since.

B. Dr saya is the man when it came to dialing in, the first dose required no dialing in so I guess you can say it didn't take any time.

This will vary from guy to guy in terms of how long the dialing in process takes, add in low SHBG or an AI, now you've got multiple moving parts and the difficulty factor is higher.

I was fairly lucky myself, after consulting my normal doctor I went with Defy Medical.

I started clomid first but after that wasn't working I started trt. They got my dose down pretty good the first time, my only adjustment as been splitting it to twice a week, reducing hcg slightly and adding very low dose AI. This all happened in well less then a year.

It all depends on how knowledgeable your doctor is, and on you for sticking with the regime they put you on.

CoastWatcher

It's so unique to each person. In my own case, a three month effort with Androgel did absolutely nothing and I realized the doctor I was consulting had no idea how to deal with my failure to respond to topical therapy. A new, capable doctor had me on an injection protocol in a matter of days. We adjusted my injection schedule when my estradiol slowly slid upward, I inject 16mg of testosterone every day and HCG twice a week. I have been stable for essentially two years.

Test regularly, learn all you can, and be your own advocate.

Vince

Super Moderator
I first read 5 books written by mostly by endocrinologist, I also read testosterone wisdom written by Nelson Vergel. Then I talked to doctors and clinics in my area, but decided on Defy Medical, it was the right choice for me. The protocol they gave was perfect from the start, I know for a lot of men there's more tweaking their protocol. We are all so different, I think the big difference is our emotions.

ERO

it is unique to each person. Some guys hit the jackpot and quickly feel great on TRT others like myself never really get there. The best advice is to read all you can and be your own advocate as CoastWatcher said.

Helboi

I started in March 2015. Switched doctors a few times, all while tweaking my protocol with each one, then finally landed with Defy and Dr. Saya about a year later. It's taken some time to dial it in still, but I think I'm finally dialed in and I've been on this protocol for about 4 months now (we'll see with the next blood work, but I feel great!). So I guess about a year and a half, presuming I can coast from here forward.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me