How long after donating blood before changes in HCT and Ferritin is noticed on blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

Yes, morning blood markers did not go down much at all. However, I had been high Am before and only slightly high PM hct with normal RBC and hemoglobin before. Didnt check PM numbers after donation. I drink A LOT of water before going in, but must not be absorbing it, may try to add some pink salt before morning bloods next time
What were before and after numbers? And how long after did you test? I waited 3 days after to test and hgb dropped 2 points and hct dropped 5 points.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
U

Unlockable

What were before and after numbers? And how long after did you test? I waited 3 days after to test and hgb dropped 2 points and hct dropped 5 points.
I checked 2.5 weeks after donation and my HCT went from 54.5 to 53.7, RBC 6.16 to 5.98 and hemoglobin 17.8 down to 17.2. Ferritin went from 61 (30-400) down to 27, which is the lowest it's ever been.

I've had low blood platelets for years and years and they actually went above the normal line on TRT which is probably not good, they went back to slightly low.

GreenMachineX

I checked 2.5 weeks after donation and my HCT went from 54.5 to 53.7, RBC 6.16 to 5.98 and hemoglobin 17.8 down to 17.2. Ferritin went from 61 (30-400) down to 27, which is the lowest it's ever been.

I've had low blood platelets for years and years and they actually went above the normal line on TRT which is probably not good, they went back to slightly low.
Wow, the ferritin dropped hard. I wonder how fast your replacing hgb and rbcs, and where you would be in 2 more weeks. Maybe your dose is still too high?

U

Unlockable

Wow, the ferritin dropped hard. I wonder how fast your replacing hgb and rbcs, and where you would be in 2 more weeks. Maybe your dose is still too high?
The ferritin barely moved in my opinion. It's still above range. Of course my AM levels were above range for years on TRT.

I'm on 140mg split up into .2ml EOD, so week average is same as when I was doing .236 3 times a week on set days

GreenMachineX

The ferritin barely moved in my opinion. It's still above range. Of course my AM levels were above range for years on TRT.

I'm on 140mg split up into .2ml EOD, so week average is same as when I was doing .236 3 times a week on set days
Wow...if I was using that much, my hct would hit 60.

But your ferritin dropped 30 points or so. I just donated from ferritin of 97, guessing mine is 60 or so then. Do you have any iron deficiency symptoms yet?

madman

Super Moderator

Easily if your protocol had you hitting a trough TT 1000-1200 ng/dL which would have trough FT high/very high even in cases of highish/high SHBG.

U

Unlockable

Wow...if I was using that much, my hct would hit 60.

But your ferritin dropped 30 points or so. I just donated from ferritin of 97, guessing mine is 60 or so then. Do you have any iron deficiency symptoms yet?
Lol for some reason I read and even replied ferritin with hematocrit in mind. Yes a big hit. It's been steadily going down on TRT and donating obliterated it

My hematocrit has been as high as 55.5 or so

GreenMachineX

Lol for some reason I read and even replied ferritin with hematocrit in mind. Yes a big hit. It's been steadily going down on TRT and donating obliterated it

My hematocrit has been as high as 55.5 or so
Lol gotcha. I'm trying to get ahead of that. I've been down to a ferritin of 9 which was awful. Never want to get there again. Much rather just have a little bit lower level of T.

U

Unlockable

Lol gotcha. I'm trying to get ahead of that. I've been down to a ferritin of 9 which was awful. Never want to get there again. Much rather just have a little bit lower level of T.
I'm not sure how much a minor lowering of dose can really make, especially if hematocrit was high beforehand. Of course I don't know what my mid day hematocrit was pre TRT. It may have been high normal. Lowest I ever saw was 47-49 but plenty in the 50's

I do think I've been a bit more fatigued lately but could be from pushing it harder and harder at the gym.

GreenMachineX

I'm not sure how much a minor lowering of dose can really make, especially if hematocrit was high beforehand. Of course I don't know what my mid day hematocrit was pre TRT. It may have been high normal. Lowest I ever saw was 47-49 but plenty in the 50's

I do think I've been a bit more fatigued lately but could be from pushing it harder and harder at the gym.
Without T, my hct was 47, and different doses keep me Different places.

mooseman109

I drop 2-3 hct points after donation. It depends on how high it is. When it is 58 or so i drop about 2.8-3 points. When I am 55 I drop 2 points. If I do not donate every 3 months I will slowly get behind the curve and be at 58. I do better if I donate every 10 weeks. This has been on cypionate, even doing low dose daily injections. I came off from Dec 26 til Feb 16. Did 2 donations in that time period and came from 58.7 to 51.7.

GreenMachineX

I drop 2-3 hct points after donation. It depends on how high it is. When it is 58 or so i drop about 2.8-3 points. When I am 55 I drop 2 points. If I do not donate every 3 months I will slowly get behind the curve and be at 58. I do better if I donate every 10 weeks. This has been on cypionate, even doing low dose daily injections. I came off from Dec 26 til Feb 16. Did 2 donations in that time period and came from 58.7 to 51.7.
Did you measure your test at the end of the 3 months you took off?

Hi guys first time posting here... I am also struggling with high rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit issues.

Prior to TRT I believe my HCT was 47ish.

For the past 8 years or so i have had to Donate blood every 2.5 - 3 months! To control my levels.

I recently found out my Ferritin was 22! I have read it is 'normal' to have low Ferritin while on TRT....true?

I just got back from donating today, now started to take iron supplments and eat more red meat, especially the few days before donation and the week afterwards. Because i can feel low iron symptoms for 5-7 days of weak/fatigue after i donate.

How do i say this, oh will just say it, i am at the point now where i am getting sick of donating! I am trying to find out if there is a better way to control it. I have already tried: cardio, gallon of water a day, switching to Daily shots, no difference, lowered dose to pathetic low dose of 80mg a week now. Tried subq shots for the last month. I got a sleep study done recently, awaiting results, but not hopeful.

I am glad to hear iam not the only one experiencing this... wish there was a Safe drug to take to lower it! Heard there is peptide in Clinical Trials Phase III right now in the USA.

I am lost what to do if my sleep study comes back showing no sleep apnea or only mild. It is not like i can keep on lowering my dose!

What are others experience/symptoms of Low Ferritin less than 20?

Thoughts/Advice?

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

Hi guys first time posting here... I am also struggling with high rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit issues.

For the past 8 years or so i have had to Donate blood every 2.5 - 3 months! To control my levels.

I recently found out my Ferritin was 22! I have read it is 'normal' to have low Ferritin while on TRT....true?

I just got back from donating today, now started to take iron supplments and eat more red meat, especially the few days before donation and the week afterwards. Because i can feel low iron symptoms for 5-7 days of weak/fatigue after i donate.

How do i say this, oh will just say it, i am at the point now where i am getting sick of donating! I am trying to find out if there is a better way to control it. I have already tried: cardio, gallon of water a day, switching to Daily shots, no difference, lowered dose to pathetic low dose of 80mg a week now. Tried subq shots for the last month. I got a sleep study done recently, awaiting results, but not hopeful.

I am glad to hear iam not the only one experiencing this... wish there was a Safe drug to take to lower it! Heard there is peptide in Clinical Trials Phase III right now in the USA.

I am lost what to do if my sleep study comes back showing no sleep apnea or only mild. It is not like i can keep on lowering my dose!

Thoughts/Advice?
What dose did you use of daily shots? And how high was your hct? And what was your free T?

I've had a Ferritin of 9 a few years ago. That was highly unpleasant. I've settled on 4-5mg daily test cyp. It's been 9 weeks (although 2 weeks in the middle of nothing) and it's working well. I'll have blood work to confirm but pretty sure my free T will settle mid range at trough and hct at 50 which I'd be fine with.

Iron bisglycinate worked fast and well for my Ferritin.

What dose did you use of daily shots? And how high was your hct? And what was your free T?

I've had a Ferritin of 9 a few years ago. That was highly unpleasant. I've settled on 4-5mg daily test cyp. It's been 9 weeks (although 2 weeks in the middle of nothing) and it's working well. I'll have blood work to confirm but pretty sure my free T will settle mid range at trough and hct at 50 which I'd be fine with.

Iron bisglycinate worked fast and well for my Ferritin.
Hct like 53% but will keep on climbing if left alone not donating. I currently take only 12mg daily. I can’t imagine only taking 5mg a day like you. That is only 35mg a week!

As I lower it I am less motivated, less vitalized etc.

What were your symptoms of a ferritin of only 9?? How much iron are you or did you take a day to help raise your ferritin?

I know I have low or low normal total testosterone but high Bioavailable Testosterone

GreenMachineX

Hct like 53% but will keep on climbing if left alone not donating. I currently take only 12mg daily. I can’t imagine only taking 5mg a day like you. That is only 35mg a week!

As I lower it I am less motivated, less vitalized etc.

What were your symptoms of a ferritin of only 9?? How much iron are you or did you take a day to help raise your ferritin?

I know I have low or low normal total testosterone but high Bioavailable Testosterone
My ferritin at 9 gave me rapid heart rate and waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. I used 2 pills per day of Ferrochel, then switched to 1 pill per day of just iron bisglycinate, both by Thorne.

magnus68

My ferritin at 9 gave me rapid heart rate and waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. I used 2 pills per day of Ferrochel, then switched to 1 pill per day of just iron bisglycinate, both by Thorne.
So you fixed your Ferritin? Does this supplement also raise Hemo?

GreenMachineX

So you fixed your Ferritin? Does this supplement also raise Hemo?
Yes, I got my ferritin up very quickly with that form of iron. I can't remember the numbers exactly, but it was way faster than most people's reports I've seen around the web. It did not bring my hemoglobin and hct much higher because I also reduced my dose at the same time. I was able to find a good balance between those issues at the time. If your dose is too high thigh, it won't matter what kind of iron it is, your hct and hgb will climb back up.

Dog427

Thoughts/Advice?
Iron supplements may help.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale