Hello, first post here. I am on 1 month of 120mg of test E injected EOD, any ideas of what to do about my high E2 and Prolactin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dannydonair

Just got my blood test back after a month of 120mg test E sub q EOD. High e2, high prolactin, and for some reason, low hematocrit? Any advice fellas? Not on any ai and prefer not to be on one if possible. Have weak erections, low sex drive, and somewhat fatigue.

Attachments

• CF939194-DB29-46FB-879B-274995F732FE.png
    CF939194-DB29-46FB-879B-274995F732FE.png
    37 KB · Views: 78
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Part of the benefits of TRT are increases in hematocrit and hemoglobin, benefits are you aren't getting.

You must have some sort of issue with creating blood in order to carry oxygen throughout the body. The .1 elevation in prolactin isn't really that alarming.

Are you on any medications for cancer, HIV or aplastic anemia?

Last edited:

Dannydonair

Part of the benefits of TRT are increases in hematocrit and hemoglobin, benefits are you aren't getting.

You must have some sort of issue with creating blood in order to carry oxygen throughout the body. The .1 elevation in prolactin isn't really that alarming.

Are you on any medications for cancer, HIV or aplastic anemia?
I take a prescription acid reflux medication pantoprazole daily and I just googled it and there is some correlation between that medication and low hematocrit/iron deficiency so it might be that to be honest, I will put an end to that medication, as well as increase my intake of dark leafy iron rich greens and red meat, which I rarely eat either of coincidentally.

Phil Goodman

Nothing.

1.) you’ve only been on it for a month and your body is still adjusting

2.) if you’re taking testosterone to the upper limits of the range then you should expect(and hope) that other downstream hormones follow. It’s kind of weird how many people go “test is just a little above range so no worries” then turn around and go “omg estradiol is .3 points above range so I have to address it”. I would say the vast VAST majority of men don’t need to(and shouldn’t) do anything to alter aromatization. If you read having symptoms then your step should be to increase injection frequency and/or lower dose. But again, due to step one you don’t know what may be symptoms of a particular issue or just your body adjusting to find homeostasis in its new environment.

3.) your hematocrit appears close enough to range that it doesn’t seem too concerning, but you should certainly keep an eye on it. How does your recent test compare to last bloodwork?

Dannydonair

Nothing.

1.) you’ve only been on it for a month and your body is still adjusting

2.) if you’re taking testosterone to the upper limits of the range then you should expect(and hope) that other downstream hormones follow. It’s kind of weird how many people go “test is just a little above range so no worries” then turn around and go “omg estradiol is .3 points above range so I have to address it”. I would say the vast VAST majority of men don’t need to(and shouldn’t) do anything to alter aromatization. If you read having symptoms then your step should be to increase injection frequency and/or lower dose. But again, due to step one you don’t know what may be symptoms of a particular issue or just your body adjusting to find homeostasis in its new environment.

3.) your hematocrit appears close enough to range that it doesn’t seem too concerning, but you should certainly keep an eye on it. How does your recent test compare to last bloodwork?
I agree I think I definitely need to let my body adjust as for my high E2 I just find it odd that I’m on such a low dose and high frequency and have this issue. The main reason I’m on this low dose and high frequency is so my E2 didn’t get high like it is. Of course I would have loved to do like a 150-200mg dose per week split into twice a week injections but I don’t need my T super high like in the 1000s like some guys, I just want to feel better than I did when I had low T (193 ng/dl at age 24). Some guys are taking 150-200mg a week with no issues. Either way I’m definitely willing to lower my dose and increase my frequency to every injections From every other day to help with my E2. As for my hematocrit, my last test was pre TRT and it was at 0.416. Thank you for your input, seems like most people on multiple forums I’m on are saying the same thing, increase frequency and/or lower dose. I think I will do both and see how it plays out.

Phil Goodman

I agree I think I definitely need to let my body adjust as for my high E2 I just find it odd that I’m on such a low dose and high frequency and have this issue. The main reason I’m on this low dose and high frequency is so my E2 didn’t get high like it is. Of course I would have loved to do like a 150-200mg dose per week split into twice a week injections but I don’t need my T super high like in the 1000s like some guys, I just want to feel better than I did when I had low T (193 ng/dl at age 24). Some guys are taking 150-200mg a week with no issues. Either way I’m definitely willing to lower my dose and increase my frequency to every injections From every other day to help with my E2. As for my hematocrit, my last test was pre TRT and it was at 0.416. Thank you for your input, seems like most people on multiple forums I’m on are saying the same thing, increase frequency and/or lower dose. I think I will do both and see how it plays out.
I would wait if I were you. Give it another four weeks and see how you feel.

Dannydonair

Ur prolactin and e2 Will continue to be high and u Will continue to suffer. Dont wait, fix it.
How do I fix it? I got some P5P for my prolactin and have DIM and calcium D glucarate coming tomorrow for my e2. I have no acne issues or any gyno or severe symptoms of high e2, I have motivation and all but legit just weak erections. Hopefully these help if not I guess the next option would caber and/or an AI. I would like to get another blood test this week as well

equel

For a .1 elevation, are you mad?
Yes, that is is often given by docs when prolactin is at high end or above it, many times it fixes the libido issue. It seems like many men - including myself btw - get a truly fucked up libido if prolactin howers around the upper range.

Systemlord

Yes, that is is often given by docs when prolactin is at high end or above it, many times it fixes the libido issue. It seems like many men - including myself btw - get a truly fucked up libido if prolactin howers around the upper range.
I thought it had to be well above range to cause problems.

equel

I thought it had to be well above range to cause problems.

Nah man, for me personally it seems like as soon as it creeps up, my libido suffers tremendously, this is a killer for me who also got libidoproblems anyway due to whatever reason is behind it.

Gman86

I’ve heard that progesterone can decrease prolactin. Not sure if it’s true or not. Have just heard it a few times from pretty reliable sources. I would assume it lowers it due to progesterones effects on E2, as estrogen is the main stimulator of prolactin in males.

Here’s a video that Leo and longevity put out on increasing libido. He talks a bunch about progesterone and how it supposedly increases libido

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me