HDL 37...now what?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Do you take it all the time or “cycle” it?

I looked into NAC before but it has been reported to cause kidney stones when taken long term.
Have you read the studies using MAGNESIUM and VITAMIN B6 to prevent recurrence of kidney stones? There were some older studies that were very successful at kidney stone recurrence on that protocol.

It works for the most common type of kidney stone.

madman

Super Moderator
The effects of L-carnitine supplementation on serum lipids: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. - PubMed - NCBI

The effects of L-carnitine supplementation on serum lipids: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.

Abstract

The findings of trials investigating the effects of carnitine administration on serum lipids are inconsistent. This systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) was performed to summarize the existing evidence and find which the effects of carnitine supplementation on serum lipids are. <p>

Methods: Two authors independently searched electronic databases including MEDLINE, EMBASE, Cochrane Library, and Web of Science from inception until February 2019, in order to find relevant RCTs. The quality of selected RCTs was evaluated using the Cochrane Collaboration risk of bias tool. Cochrane's Q test and I-square (I2) statistic were used to determine the heterogeneity across included trials. Weight mean difference (SMD) and 95% CI between two intervention groups were used to determine pooled effect sizes. <p>

Results: Out of 686 potential papers selected based on keywords, 43 studies met the inclusion criteria and were eligible for the meta-analysis. The pooled results indicated that L-carnitine administration led to a significant decrease in triglycerides (WMD: -4.08; 95% CI: -7.59, -0.58), total cholesterol (WMD: -7.75; 95% CI: -11.23, -4.28) and LDL-cholesterol concentrations (WMD: -4.67; 95% CI: -7.03, -2.30), and a significant increase in HDL-cholesterol levels (WMD: 1.01; 95% CI: 0.28, 1.74). L-carnitine supplementation did not influence VLDL-cholesterol concentrations. <p>

Conclusions: This meta-analysis demonstrated that carnitine administration significantly reduced triglycerides, total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol levels, and significantly increased HDL-cholesterol levels, but did not affect VLDL-cholesterol levels.

BradWI

Any mention of dose?

I currently eat a lot of beef which is high in L-carnitine but doesn't seem to help. As a reference, I don't take a multi but my B-12 is 1198 (232-1245).

madman

Super Moderator
This is considered the best quality.

Only certain brands on the market use this.

What is Carnipure®? | Carnipure

Carnipure® is a special grade of L-Carnitine, manufactured by the Swiss company Lonza. Products carrying the Carnipure® quality seal on the packaging show that they contain high quality Lonza L-Carnitine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me