First injection of test. cyp.

Buy Lab Tests Online

tersec

Got first shot Tues. of Test. Cyp. 200ml. Will be getting one once a week, how long before I feel any affects? Dr. said 18 to 30 hrs, nothing so far.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Your taking one injection a week of 200 mg? Wow! What is your SHBG and Estradiol Sensitive?

What is the concentration of your testosterone cypionate? 100 mg/ml or 200 mg/ml?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarkM

You'll end up excreting most of that testosterone in your urine because your SHBG is too low to handle that much testosterone. The only time large one time weekly injections of testosterone work is on people with very high SHBG, which yours is not.

If your doctor set you up on that protocol he/she did you a very poor job. That's why so many stop TRT because the doctor doesn't know what they are doing, they set it up all wrong, it doesn't work, and the patient ends up just stopping.

What was your Estradiol Sensitive? If it was low, it is about to get real high and if it was already high it is going to get crazy high.

You are about to find out what an emotional roller coaster is.

Yu should probably start off with 100 mg per week total split between two 50 mg injections. You should split them up every 3.5 days. Example would be Monday AM and Thursday PM.

I hate to be negative but you deserve better care than what your doctor is giving you.

M

MarkM

Thanks for info will dicuss with them this Tues.
Are you going into a clinic for the injections? Have you considered doing them yourself where you can control how much you are taking and when the injections take place. There are tons of men doing this themselves and having great success.

Vince

Super Moderator
After my first injection I felt it almost immediately. I did end up getting the testosterone flu and a crazy high libido. The flu slowly went away and my libido eventually calmed down.

Leesto

Some report feeling something quickly. It was many weeks before I felt anything at all even though labs showed a big difference. Each of us is different and like others have mentioned there are other factors involved.

A
You'll end up excreting most of that testosterone in your urine because your SHBG is too low to handle that much testosterone. The only time large one time weekly injections of testosterone work is on people with very high SHBG, which yours is not.

If your doctor set you up on that protocol he/she did you a very poor job. That's why so many stop TRT because the doctor doesn't know what they are doing, they set it up all wrong, it doesn't work, and the patient ends up just stopping.

What was your Estradiol Sensitive? If it was low, it is about to get real high and if it was already high it is going to get crazy high.

You are about to find out what an emotional roller coaster is.

Yu should probably start off with 100 mg per week total split between two 50 mg injections. You should split them up every 3.5 days. Example would be Monday AM and Thursday PM.

I hate to be negative but you deserve better care than what your doctor is giving you.

Agree with most of this, but politely disagree with the twice weekly. Starting with 100 mg weekly is a good place. No AI or HCG. You want to isolate all the variables and adjust from there. You can always go to twice weekly if your levels aren’t stable.
100 weekly, bloodwork in 4-6 weeks and adjust from there. Definitely deserve better care. Caution at the beginning saves a lot of aggravation at the other end.

Cope

After 1 full week and three rounds of shots, this morning was a dramatic difference in the gym. I still haven't felt the libido increase but energy levels and mood have now improved dramatically. From what I've read and experienced (however limited) patience and expectation management are key. Good luck!

tersec

I have script for 10ml of 200mg/ml for 1ml a week. $40

So maybe I need to go to .5ml a week , but will talk to Dr. on Tues. when I go in for second shot and about my SHBG being 20.2.

I can give myself the shots, but for now nurse is doing for a month or more untill till I get it right.

Blackhawk

Once a week at SHBG 20.2? Really?

Personally I'd choose starting on 100mg/week dosed EOD to try to achieve steadier levels right off the bat and avoid pissing it all out in a few days post injection

Note: with the protocol your doc started you on, I suspect they won't know the relationship between SHBG and dosing frequency.

I have script for 10ml of 200mg/ml for 1ml a week. $40

So maybe I need to go to .5ml a week , but will talk to Dr. on Tues. when I go in for second shot and about my SHBG being 20.2.

I can give myself the shots, but for now nurse is doing for a month or more untill till I get it right.

It’s really not needed. This is one of the way that your insurance company gets to bill for an office visit that isn’t required. My clinic as you do your first shot on your own, in the office the first time. There’s no need for this. It’s just the way that they can bill extra money.

tersec

we
It’s really not needed. This is one of the way that your insurance company gets to bill for an office visit that isn’t required. My clinic as you do your first shot on your own, in the office the first time. There’s no need for this. It’s just the way that they can bill extra money.

Well there's no insurance and no office charge for nurse to give me the shots till I get 2nd lab back.

My wife when she gets some time off is going to go with me and nurse is going to show how to inject me a couple times.

Whether the dosage is right I am starting to wonder my self.

Tried cream and no results.

Was hoping shots would be better, will give it time though.

Nothing so far. If I'm pissing half of it away. Still would have 100ml in me right?

Last edited:
we

Well there's no insurance and no office charge for nurse to give me the shots till I get 2nd lab back.

My wife when she gets some time off is going to go with me and nurse is going to show how to inject me a couple times.

Whether the dosage is right I am starting to wonder my self.

Tried cream and no results.

Was hoping shots would be better, will give it time though.

Nothing so far. If I'm pissing half of it away. Still would have 100ml in me right?

Inject yourself in the quad at a right angle. Trust me, it is easier to do it yourself than have your wife do it. I don’t think he will piss any of it out. It is intramuscular, and I don’t believe it’s possible to be pissing it out.

Blackhawk

Mountain man, it is not the depot intramuscularly, it is the metabolism of the T once cleaved and in the bloodstream. Free T is indeed excreted through the urine. Lower SHBG means less T in bound form, so more left unbound as free T which is rapidly excreted.

Last edited:

tersec

Mountain man, it is not the depot intramuscularly, it is the metabolism of the T once cleaved and in the bloodstream. Free T is indeed excreted through the urine.
"If I'm pissing half of it away. Still would have 100ml in me right?"

This is not a good way to look at it.

I am sorry I don;t have the time to go into detail. Hopefully some of the low SHBG guys can chime in...

And Dr Crilser on the subject:

I'd say you really need to start studying. Orrin Israel has a nice set of links to get educated:
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...dering-trt-at-52-years-old.15300/#post-112870

Blackhawk and everyone, thanks for info .
I am new to this and trying to learn quickly.
Its a little confusing right now with conflicting info.
Will speak to Dr. on Tues about SHBG beng 20.2 and dosage amount.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me