Fatigue/brain fog

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am on trt 200mg cyp weekly. Also prescribed Dexedrine. Prior to seeking help from these two doctors, I tried various multivitamins( vitamins actually made me more Anxious and foggy) and caffeine pills - but still felt somewhat tired or foggy. Prior to this I was prescribed an antidepressant, but this hurt energy and really ramped up brain fog.

I am somewhat better now (after trt and Dexedrine), but still suffer from the same problems (fog, energy, low mood) although to a lesser extent.

my bloodwork after commencing trt indicated low dhea-s levels, so I am thinking about talking to doctor about adding this or Sam-e. Any other supplements/prescriptions to mention at my next visit?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
How are you sleeping? Taking sleep meds? Any sleep apnea?

SAMe may make you more anxious in combo with Dexedrine. I would start with a very low dose and work yourself up.

What are your TT, FT, free T3, etc blood test values?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Knowing you have suboptimal DHEA, and what you're experiencing, I'd suggest getting a full adrenal profile with 4x saliva cortisol /DHEA w/ correlation & burden, circadian profile, and a complete thyroid panel with Free T4, Free T3, TSH, Reverse T3 & antibodies.

You can read Mat's thread that has some similar symptoms https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...out-testosterone-level-and-constant-tiredness

Feel free to post labs and additional questions/comments on this thread. Will keep an eye out for any updates ... Thanks

No sleep meds. Getting an average of 6-7 hours a night. Tt= 1200, ft- 25.7, free thyroxine Index - 2.1, t3 uptake - 31. , dhea sulfate - 129.4, estrone - 79 igf - 248, estradiol - 5.9

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
No sleep meds. Getting an average of 6-7 hours a night. Tt= 1200, ft- 25.7, free thyroxine Index - 2.1, t3 uptake - 31. , dhea sulfate - 129.4, estrone - 79 igf - 248, estradiol - 5.9

Don't take this wrong, but your thyroid labs can be tossed out the window, they're useless! The uptake and index reflects absolutely nothing on your Free T3 serum levels, nor do we know where this sits with Reverse T3 and antibodies. Would be best IMO to see a circadian profile on your cortisol, with a Cort/DHEA correlation analysis prior to just jumping on DHEA. Note the labs I have mentioned above and in Mat's link, which again IMO is where you need to be.

Also, reference ranges are always needed ... That E2 assay, is it a sensitive or ultra?? No need for estrone.

Prior to trt my girlfriend said that I snored a lot and very loud; I still do. I've been on trt now for a little over a year. Started with .5ml/week with varying doses all the way to 1ml/week. About 4 weeks ago I went down to .35ml/week. Last week I stopped injections out of frustration.

Just like the OP, I've tried multivitamins, amino acids, etc.
I've taken adrenal fatigue supplements which they helped me sleep better and stay asleep all night.
I've had the cortisol saliva test, extensive thyroid panels with t4, t3, reverse t3 and tsh.
Have been given syntroid and Armour with no success.
I've tried Nuvigil with no success (it caused severe neck/jaw pain on my way to reaching an orgasm).
I tried Adderall IR and XR which I must admit, it is about the only thing that has somewhat helped.
I've had an at home sleep study which concluded that I was not having sleep apnea (I don't believe that device)

My Dr is frustrated because he can't find anything wrong with my hormones. He felt that my brain fog and fatigue could be due to depression so he started me on Wellbutrin. I am now taking 300mg of Wellbutrin XL. I still feel the same.

In summary, as of now I take ~1g magnesium citrate at night with 2 capsules of Gaia Adrenal support tablets. Magnesium sedates me and makes me have dreams while the Adrenal support capsules help me stay asleep. Upon waking up I take my Wellbutrin 300 xl up followed by breakfast and Adderall 30mg XR about 30 minutes later. The Adderall helps feel somewhat normal until noon ish. At noon ish I take another 10mg of Adderall IR. The Wellbutrin gives me very long and pleasurable orgasms!

Dr wants me to get ADHD diagnosed in order for him to continue to prescribe tha Adderall since he isn't comfortable prescribing it for long term.

ERO

I always hate it when a doctor cannot find anything obviously wrong, so they default to the "it must be depression!" diagnosis...

croaker24

I always hate it when a doctor cannot find anything obviously wrong, so they default to the "it must be depression!" diagnosis...

That happened to me. They kept trying to prescribe me various nasty meds, and I told him no, there is *something* wrong with me. Finally - after 5 months of dealing with Dr Dumbass, I went to a NP on his staff at the recommendation of my wife, and she has the idea to test for T among other things, and behold, my overall was something like 136.

Next visit to him, he got all defensive and stammered like the whole thing was my fault. Needless to say I dumped him and got a new PCP.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me