Experienced guys: Is my new doctor sane or not?

Buy Lab Tests Online

equel

Okey so basicly I got put on TRT about 7 weeks ago, 5mg testosterone gel a day. For the first 2-3 weeks I felt great, then it all crashed and back to the beginning.

I havent had any blood test yet, Im about to do it this coming thuesday.

Anyway, that doc .. Im not getting anywhere with her, and Im sure she wont increase the gel dose with me.

So I found myself another doctor, a private doc in the neighbour country, he seems to be very "liberal" and told me he wants a young man like me to be on the very high upper range, 800-1000ng/dl, so he is gonna prescribe me:

175mg of testosterone E a week, or really 125mg every 5th day, he told me thats better. After the first injection I can do it myself at home he said, he also said he wants me to start on 0.25mg arimidex three times a week to begin with.

Now, do you guys think this is a good protocol or is it nonsense? I seriously cannot trust no doctors no more when it comes to TRT, they all seem crazy!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Okey so basicly I got put on TRT about 7 weeks ago, 5mg testosterone gel a day. For the first 2-3 weeks I felt great, then it all crashed and back to the beginning.

I havent had any blood test yet, Im about to do it this coming thuesday.

Anyway, that doc .. Im not getting anywhere with her, and Im sure she wont increase the gel dose with me.

So I found myself another doctor, a private doc in the neighbour country, he seems to be very "liberal" and told me he wants a young man like me to be on the very high upper range, 800-1000ng/dl, so he is gonna prescribe me:

175mg of testosterone E a week, or really 125mg every 5th day, he told me thats better. After the first injection I can do it myself at home he said, he also said he wants me to start on 0.25mg arimidex three times a week to begin with.

Now, do you guys think this is a good protocol or is it nonsense? I seriously cannot trust no doctors no more when it comes to TRT, they all seem crazy!

The second doctor you referenced, the one who wants you to take anastrozole three times a week without knowing if that's even necessary is going to do you no favours. He's also advocating a reasonably high dose of testosterone - without knowing where your levels stand. Post your blood work and the situation will become clearer. At the moment, you're not working with, or considering working with, doctors who are likely to lead you to a good result.

ERO

Neither of these docs know what they are doing with TRT. The first one has you on a dose not supported by apparently any blood work, and the second wants to dose you with an AI, and again, with no blood work to support the decision. Don't walk, but RUN from these two options.

I would be onboard with the 2d Dr, as noted the AI use is questionable right off the bat and should ONLY possibly come with symptoms and more labs down the road but it is a good sign of someone that is willing to work with you. You should ask about HCG use as well.

equel

Im getting so tired of this, all docs are so stupid, feels like Im never getting anywhere.

I could just go with the 2nd one and dont use the AI, and wait to use it til I get labs back, it seems like Im basicly getting free hands with him, he even said I could inject at home after my first shot

equel

Where do you live?

Scandinavian country, feminist shit-hole. First doc even thought my levels of 260ng/dl was good and normal despite not beiong able to get an erection, depressive symptoms and just no drive at all.

Then I had 150ng/dl, THEN finally they decided to go thru with it for more tests for like a year, MRI, everything.

Eventually FINALLY finding a doc who put me on 5mg gel ... which worked for 3 weeks pretty good, then didnt work and back to the same ****ing place.

Now Ive finally found one who prefer injection and say gel usually dont work with guys, so thats good .. but im suspicious about the AI, especially given my estrogen was below the range to begin with.

I might just go with this one, do the injections and dont take AI, then check bloods after 6 weeks, maybe an idea?

CoastWatcher

Scandinavian country, feminist shit-hole. First doc even thought my levels of 260ng/dl was good and normal despite not beiong able to get an erection, depressive symptoms and just no drive at all.

Then I had 150ng/dl, THEN finally they decided to go thru with it for more tests for like a year, MRI, everything.

Eventually FINALLY finding a doc who put me on 5mg gel ... which worked for 3 weeks pretty good, then didnt work and back to the same ****ing place.

Now Ive finally found one who prefer injection and say gel usually dont work with guys, so thats good .. but im suspicious about the AI, especially given my estrogen was below the range to begin with.

I might just go with this one, do the injections and dont take AI, then check bloods after 6 weeks, maybe an idea?

Are you willing to travel? There is a well-regarded clinic in the UK. We have heard solid things boutique it and it's medical director.

ERO

Doing the injections and skipping the AI with blood work in 6 weeks is a logical plan. Also (and you may already know this) don't fall into the trap of chasing a number after you get your blood work. Go by how you feel first and foremost.

Re-Ride

Why not? Use less ethan than he prescribes but be consistent with dosing. You can ramp up later a little at a time as needed.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would also think about a nice injection schedule. Injecting every 3 1/2 days, it would be a lot easier to remember. It would keep your testosterone even more levels.

equel

Are you willing to travel? There is a well-regarded clinic in the UK. We have heard solid things boutique it and it's medical director.

Well maybe but really thats a "last solution" for me and I will probably gladly do it if this doesnt work out. But Ive decided to go along with this doc now and do the 175mg per week but I wont use the AI to begin with, I will just put it aside.

I can take my own blood tests too on a private clinic for pretty cheap money, so maybe Ill just use the testosterone from the doc and then monitor myself using the help of you in here or something.

Just tired of this shit now, been struggling with it for over a year, I just wanna feel normal lol

Will Brink

Im getting so tired of this, all docs are so stupid, feels like Im never getting anywhere.

I could just go with the 2nd one and dont use the AI, and wait to use it til I get labs back, it seems like Im basicly getting free hands with him, he even said I could inject at home after my first shot

Second sounds like you can work with him. Some times you have to teach them and he sounds open minded at least. It is relationship. Maybe tell him you'd prefer not to use an AI unless labs indicate it's warranted and see how he responds.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Second sounds like you can work with him. Some times you have to teach them and he sounds open minded at least. It is relationship. Maybe tell him you'd prefer not to use an AI unless labs indicate it's warranted and see how he responds.

EXACTLY what Will said; you need to educate yourself to the teeth so you can make 100% sure that you are getting the correct therapy and the correct ongoing management.

There are books here on the site you can buy cheap and the site has more then enough information for you to EXACTLY what and how you should be treated with TRT.

I had to do that 10 years ago here in the States simply because there just weren't enough trained Doctors.

The wise man is the educated man...trust me on that!

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Agree with Gene, Will and others! Get this guy thinking about treating the patient, not the numbers or the cookie cutter program that he is promoting.

equel

I have another question:

So lets say Im gonna take my first shot of 125mg e5d this week, when should I taper off the testosterone-gel Im currently using, to not "crash" completely?

For example, If I take my first shot on friday, should I continue to use the gel several days after that or should I quit with it instantly?

The gel isnt doing much for me but given Im most likely shut down now, my natural production that is, the gel is probably making me able to function somewhat normally compared to nothing at all.

user_joe

I'm not sure exactly how to time it correctly, but I'd continue the gel for a little while. The cypionate isn't really going to relieve symptoms until blood levels stabilize somewhat. Maybe 2 weeks. Just guessing.

I have another question:

So lets say Im gonna take my first shot of 125mg e5d this week, when should I taper off the testosterone-gel Im currently using, to not "crash" completely?

For example, If I take my first shot on friday, should I continue to use the gel several days after that or should I quit with it instantly?

The gel isnt doing much for me but given Im most likely shut down now, my natural production that is, the gel is probably making me able to function somewhat normally compared to nothing at all.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me